Bulletproof Love

Chapter Eleven

Vic got shot. "W-What," I stutter out. Austin gave me a sympathetic look. He looked like he didn't want to tell me again. "Exactly what I said," he said softly. I look at him, hoping he's joking. My eyes searching his face for any kind of lie, but found none. I feel my knees give out and I tumble down to the floor.

Austin hurries to pick me up after I've fallen. "Maybe you should sit down," Alan says, helping Austin lead me to a chair beside the bed Vic was currently on. I look at him and I had to look away, I couldn't look at him when he's like this. I couldn't look at the man who swore he'd protect me in a weak state. It showed me that no one is indestructable.

I looked at Alan and he looked upset. I was about to say something, but then Jesse walks in with a hispanic man following him. Then Jesse walks out. The guy had a bag and he immediately rushes to Vic's side. I was about to say something, but then Mike starts talking to him in Spanish.

"Le dispararon en el hombro."

"Pasame mi bulsa." Mike hands him his bag and the guy takes out tweazers and a knife. "Le tengo que sacar la bala."

"Has lo que tienes que hacer." The guy nods, who I think is the doctor, and he starts talking to Vic. "Te voy a sacar la bala, pero va doler."

"Haslo. No es como si nunca me han dispararon hantes." The doctor nods and he puts a cloth in Vic's mouth before cutting over the bullet wound. Vic groans around the cloth and I feel tears build up. I wince at the pain I could only imagine Vic was going through. Vic was sweating and he was writhering in pain. His shoulder was coated in blood and the doctor started wiping it away.

When he's done, he gets the tweazers and he sticks them inside Vic's wound. Vic thrashes up from the bed and I could tell he was screaming. I ran out of the room, I couldn't watch him while he was like this. Alan tried to grab for me, but I dodged and ran out.

I run down stairs and just as I was about to run out the front door, Jesse grabs my arm. He whirls me around to face and he frowned at my expression and my watery eyes. He was about to say something, but I hug him and bury myself in him. Or at least I tried. I wanted to disappear, to have the ground open up and just swallow me. "It's going to be okay, Kellin. Things will be alright."

Jesse holds me close as I cry into his chest. I don't know how long we were like that, but then Cope starts crying and I reluctantly pull away. I walk into the living room and walk to Cope who was in her space-saver. I pick her up and she doesn't start crying. It wasn't a hungry or pooped cry, it sounded like she felt actual pain. I checked her for any wound, but found nothing.

Seconds later, Mike was entering and he came to me. "What's wrong with her? And have you been crying?"

"I don't know. She's not hungry, her diaper isn't full, she's not sleepy. I don't know what's wrong." I purposely ignored his last question.

"Huh. I only came because Vic started murmuring, 'My baby, my baby,' he sounded like she was in danger." My heart constricts and I frown at that. That's strange. Could they have some kind of connection?

"When did he start saying that?"

"A few seconds ago," and that's around the time Cope started crying. "Ok." Was all I said. I hold Cope closer, but her crying got even more pain filled, she was hurting, but I don't know from what. Mike was walking back upstairs and I started rocking Cope. "It's okay, Cope. You're dad will be fine. Things will be alright.

Is it naive to make plans,
That seem so far away?
There's a reason I feel this way,
You're sleeping alone,
(You're alone)
I'm awake
When you dream of me tonight, am I close to where you are?
(To where you are?)

Lay me down,
And tell me everything will be alright,
(Things will be alright)
Things will be alright
(Things will be alright)
Lay me down,
And tell me everything will be alright,
(Things will be alright)
Things will be alright
(Could)
This could mean everything or nothing at all
(All)
You take what is real (all, all)
I'll give you my all

Is it naive to make plans that seem
So (so), so (so), so (so), far?
I think "let's not wait, let's love right now,
Let's love right now"

Lay me down,
(Lay me down)
And tell me everything will be alright,
(Things will be alright)
Things will be alright
(Things will be alright)
Lay me down,
And tell me everything will be alright,
(Things will be alright)
Things will be alright

Oh, here where we lie,
Outstretched to wonder why we don't belong
You deserve much more, and I'll give until I'm all gone
Forever know your face
And ever take your place here by my side,
Like a ghost into the night,
The poisoned apple to my bite,
I'll be the shadow at your door,
I'll be the moth into your light,
'Cause you deserve much more
Yeah, 'cause you deserve much more

Lay me down,
(Lay me down)
And tell me everything will be alright,
(Things will be alright)
Things will be alright
(Things will be alright)
Thunder storms could never shake us
Lay me down and kiss me like
(Lay me down and kiss me like)
Things will be alright
(Things will be alright)
Everything will be alright
(Things will be alright)
This could mean everything or nothing at all
(ahh)
You take what is real,
(ahh)
I'll give you my all
(ahh)

(The poisoned apple to my bite)
This could mean everything
(ahh)
(I'll be the shadow at your door)
Or nothing at all
(I'll be the moth into your light)
(ahh)
You take what is real
('Cause you deserve much more)
(ahh)
I'll give you my all.

Things will be alright, Cope," she had calmed down some, but it pained me to know she was hurting because Vic was hurting. I held her in my arms and didn't put her down, she needed me right now. I needed her too. Then both Mike and Jesse walk in. "Vic's all patched up now, if you want to see him. But he's sleeping."

I nod and up the stairs, holding Cope close. When I walk in, the doctor was packing his things and Austin and Alan were beside Vic. Tony was talking to the doctor. When I look at Vic, he had bandage that reached from his right shoulder to the left side of his waist. He looked peaceful asleep  instead when I saw him awake. I walk to his side and the doctor leaves.

"The doctor says he's going to be fine, just make sure you change the wrap every few hours. Clean out the wound also. Make him take some painkillers for the pain." Tony says as he walks to me, and I nod.

"When does he get the bandage off?"

"Not sure. But Mike and I are leaving, make sure to call us if you need anything," he says and walks out of the room. Jesse was next to come talk to me. "Where will I be staying?"

"Find any spare room," he nods and walks out also. I'm guessing Austina and Alan had already gone to bed. It was just me, Vic, and Copeland. I place Cope on the bed beside Vic's left side, so she didn't accidentally hit his shoulder. Looking at Vic, I felt my neck close up and my heart constrict. But I don't know why.

I feel tears falling, knowing I almost lost him. I may not love Vic the way he wants me too, but I still cared. I wipe the tears away, but a most escaped and so did sobs. The more I looked at him, the more tears fell. I let out one loud sob before covering my mouth, hoping to muffle the others that came. It hurt to see him like this, and I just don't know why.

Maybe it's because we're friends. I know I would react like this if Jesse were to be shot. Cope was oblivious, but she was hurting. She could sense something was wrong with her daddy. I was content with just watching him, but then I ran my hand across his forehead to move away some of his brown hair. He starts moving around a bit and pull my hand back quickly.

He opens his brown eyes and groans a bit. "K-Kellin?" I scoot closer to him, mindful of Cope. When she's head level with him, he smiles as she touches his face. He tries to sit up and I immediately push him back. "Shh, Vic, go back to sleep. You need the rest." He sighs as his back touches the bed.

He groans a bit as he tries to get comfortable and a sob escapes. He finally looks at me, "Kellin, are you crying?" I didn't answer him because I didn't feel like I could, a sob would just escape. He brings his good hand and rubs away the tears that fall with his thumb. "I'm going to be fine, Kellin. Things will be alright."

"I-I-I j-just, I-I'm s-s-so s-sorry th-this h-happened t-to you," I say, the cries shaking my body. He smiles a small smile and traces my face. "Sing for me." I nod and wipe my tears.

"Stay for tonight.
If you want to,
I can show you,
What my dreams are made of.
As I'm dreaming of your face.
I've been away, for a long time, such a long time,
And I miss you there.
I can't im-imagine," my voice cracks as the cries take over and start crying into the bed. "Hey, Kellin," Vic says, I ignore him. He picks up my head and makes me look at him. "Kellin," he says, but I don't meet his eyes. I just looked down, letting the years fall. "Kellin, look at me," I didn't. "Please," and I did. He smiles, "Hey, it's okay. Keep going." I nod and sigh, shakily.

"I can't imagine being anywhere else.
I can't imagine being anywhere else but here.

How the hell did you ever pick me?
Honestly, I can sing you a song.
But I don't think words can express your beauty.
It's singing to me.
How the hell did we end up like this?
You bring out the beast in me.
I fell in love from the moment we kissed,
Since then we've been history.

They say that love is forever,
Your forever is all that need.
Please stay as long as you need.
Can't promise that things won't be broken.
But I swear that I will never leave.
Please stay forever with me.

(If you want to, I can show you).
(If you want to, I can show you).

It goes to show.
I hope that you know that you are,
What my dreams are made of.
And I can't fall asleep,
I lay in my bed,
Awake at night.
And I'll fall in love,
You'll fall in love, it could mean everything,
Everything to me.
Ooh, ooh, This could mean everything to me.

They say that love is forever.
Your forever is all that I need.
Please stay as long as you need.
Can't promise that things won't be broken.
But I swear that I will never leave.
Please stay forever...

The way that we are,
Is the reason I stay.
As long as your here with me,
I know I'll be okay.
Ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, da, da.
Ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, da, da.
Ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, da, da.
Ohhh.
Ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, da, da.
Ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, da, da.
Ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, da, da.
Ohhh.

They say that love is forever.
Your forever is all that I need.
Please stay, please stay, as long as you need.
Can't promise that things won't be broken.
But I swear that I will never leave.
Please stay forever with me.

(It goes to show, I hope that you know that you are what my dreams are made of).
(It goes to show, I hope that you know that you are, that you are).
Please stay, please stay, as long as you need.
(It goes to show, I hope that you know that you are what my dreams are made of).
They say that love is forever,
Your forever is all that I need.
(It goes to show, I hope that you know that you are, that you are).
They say that love is forever.
Please stay forever with me."

Vic was smiling blissfully up at me. "I love hearing you sing." I smile through my tears. He frowns, "It's okay, Kellin. Just please stop crying," I nod and wipe away the tears Vic didn't. "Sing me another song," and I nod, going with the song I sang to Cope. Let Love Bleed Red.

And I keep singing, some original and some covers, but I kept singing until he says stop. But he didn't and I kept singing to him, and he just smiled up at me. I saw so many emotions in his eyes that I have never seen before and he looked so blissful, like he was getting pleasure from this. Then I stop singing to catch my breath

He traces my cheek, "Keep singing," he says, breathlessly. I nod and he smiles. I give him a small one in return. When I finish the song, he speaks.

"Can I sing you something?" And I gape at him, he didn't want to sing for me when I asked, but now he was offering. I feel myself nod, "If you want." He smiles and tries to sit up, so I help him. I felt my skin burning where I touched him. When he's where he wants to be, he pats the spot in front of him and I sit down, placing Cope in my lap.

He winced a bit as he moved his arm and I was about to tell him to lay back down, but he probably wouldn't listen either way. He had his jaw clenched, but I knew he wouldn't do anything to show he's in pain.

"I still remember the night you tried to kiss me through the window.
I tried to settle for the taste of touching glass over the sound of
answering machines, because I love the way your voice
it says it's gonna get back to me someday.
As I brace my knees you hold me down with your eyes.

Someday I'll drive, close both my eyes.
We'll swim in circles in the blue lights,
it's gonna be the best day of my life.

Oh my God
You'll never be as beautiful without me.
Beauty needs an animal to breathe,
and baby you'll be alright as long as I'm not.
So do that dance in the dark,
sharpen your teeth and bite as hard as you want.

Someday I'll drive, close both my eyes.
We'll swim in circles in the blue lights.
And I just want to fade away into the sky under the sea.
A million kisses underwater as we walk into the ocean.
And this is gonna be the best day of my life,
a celebration of an ending.

And do you really trust your tongue or did you bury the taste?
And is this fantasy real, or is it all home-made?
And did you call me last night just 'cause you couldn't get laid?
Ladies and gentlemen, I introduce the selfish machine.

Do you think you're the only one?
Do you think you're the only one?
Do you think you're the only one afraid of this machine?

Someday I'll drive, close both my eyes.
I'll be your breath if you can be mine.
And I just want to fade away into the sky under the sea.
A million kisses underwater as we walk into the ocean waves.
Do you see me at all under the tall waves?
Do you see me at all?"

I gape at him. I knew he could sing, but I never knew he could sing like that. "Vic... you're really good." He shrugs, but smiles, "Not as good as you are."

"You are. Maybe better than me."

"Not possible." I huff and cross my arms, making sure not to hit Cope. "Just go back to sleep, Vic."

"Are you joining me?" And in the beginning, I probably would have said no, but now... "Yes." Then I get up and place Cope in her crib with a pacifier in her mouth. Then I walk to the drawers and take out the shirt I sleep in. When I look at Vic, I see him staring at me and I begin blushing. "Um, Vic, can you close your eyes, or just look away?" He sighs, but nods and closes his eyes.

As I take off my clothes, I watch Vic, making sure he doesn't peek. He didn't, and when I'm done putting on the shirt, I get into bed. Which signals to Vic he can look now. I help him lay back down and he keeps his good arm around my waist. So my left arm was on his chest and so was my head.

I feel him tracing patterns into my hip, raising the shirt a bit. I didn't panic because nothing was going to come from this, he was just touching, not groping. He raises the shirt until it was over my hip and now he was just running his fingers up and down the curve of my waist. It wasn't as prominent as those on a girl, but you could feel it if touched there. Which he was doing. I hated that curve, it made me feel even more feminine than I already was, but Vic seems to love it.

He kept running his fingers over it. I was running my fingers over his chest going to the old wounds he has on him. I'd stop and run my thumb over whatever wound I found, then move on. Vic would sigh in content every now and then.

His hand went a little higher up my side until he was up to the middle. "Your skin is so soft," he says, turning his head down to look at me and I turn my head up to look at him. "Why is that," he continues.

"I don't know," I say, softly. He hand moves to my arm, but he didn't bother pulling my shirt down. He starts running his hand over my arm. "You have no hair on your arms or legs," and I crack a small smile. "I know. I've never had hair except on my head." He chuckles silently, but I felt his chest rise and fall with the laughs, but he stops and winces a bit. "You really should go back to sleep, Vic."

"Nah, I may be in pain, but it's worth it if I get to hold you like this."

"You still can, even in your sleep."

"Promise me you won't pull away."

"I promise," and we pull the sheets over us, going to sleep in the position we were in. I close and my eyes, falling asleep at hearing Vic's heartbeat.

~~~

A few days later after Vic got shot, he could start walking around again. Before, I would usually feed him in bed, giving him whatever I cooked. Jesse always joked about it, calling me a maid, but I'd laugh it off. While I watched Vic, Jesse, Alan, and Austin watched Cope. And while I watched Cope, they watched Vic.

Vic loved it when Cope was with him in the bed, but now he can walk around. But I still won't let him carry Cope until his shoulder is better even if he can function his arm. Mike and Tony have come to check up on him a few times. There are times when Jesse accidentally brushes against Vic's shoulder, but he always apologizes. But Jesse, Austin, and Alan were leaving in two days.

Right now, Vic had just woken up. He was getting out of bed, and we were about to switch the bandage. I walk to him when he's sitting with his feet over the edge of the bed. "You ready," I ask, but only because this process sometimes hurts him. He nods. I grab the scissors and cut the bandage, beginning to unravel it. I'd pass it down to my left hand everytime my right couldn't get passed his shoulder. And as more came off, more of his chest appeared.

Finally we got the bandage off and I had thrown it away. I grab the new bandage and begin on his wounded shoulder, working my way around him. "Is that good," I ask, when I'm finished.

"Yeah, that's fine." And he stands up, me following. "Breakfast is ready downstairs, so just come down when you're done up here." Then I walk out of the bedroom, my cheeks burning. Everytime, I stare at his chest when we're changing the bandage, every single time.

I walk into the living room where Jesse and Alan are playing with Cope while Austin was watching tv, but I could see him stealing glances at his husband with my child. Jesse was currently giving her raspberries and Alan was making faces, but she seemed to enjoy it since she was smiling at them. I feel a smile grace my face.

Then I walk into the kitchen, beginning to wash the dishes when Vic enters. He was shirtless because he insists on not wearing shirts because of his shoulder. I think he can wear shirts, but whatever. He seems to enjoy being shirtless. It sometimes makes me blush because I catch myself staring.

"You're breakfast is on the table, I hope you like french toast," and he nods, smiling, walking out of the kitchen. He's been happier since the first night when he got shot. When we actually fell asleep hugging, and holding each other close. We got close that night. Maybe it is because we got closer. I shrug to myself.

When I finish washing the dishes, I grab Vic's pain killers and pour him a glass of water. I walk into the dining room just as Vic takes his last bite. "Here, Vic," I say handing it to him. He puts the pill in his mouth, swallowing it with the water. I pick up his plate and fork and put it in the sink.

We walk into the living room and Cope notices us. She smiles and she stretches out her arms before falling over. I pick her up. "How have your mornings been," I ask them. "Mine has been good, I'm a bit tired, though," Alan says. "I'm about to go back to sleep, though," he finishes, getting up. Looking at him, he did look worn out and he winced a bit with each step he took. I wonder what's wrong with him.

Austin had a smirk on his face and when I look at Jesse and Vic, they did as well. "Why are all of you smirking," I ask them. They all start laughing and I give them all confused looks. "What's so funny?"

"Oh, Kellin, so naïve and innocent. How about we go write music," Jesse asks me and I nod enthusiastically. "Hey, Vic, you have guitars, right?" He nods, before getting up and leading us to a room inside this mansion. In there, I realized it was a music room, it had a lot of instruments and microphones.

Jesse walks up to a guitar and picks it up, picking a guitar pick up as well. He sits in the high chair and strums the guitar. Then he starts playing a random tune, but it came out great. "You play," both Vic and Austin ask. "Yeah. Have been for a while, I used to play the song while Kellin sang it. What song, Kells?" And I think it over, Hmmm, what's one I haven't sang in a while?

"Want to do a cover," I ask, adjusting Cope in my arms. "Austin, could you get me her space-saver?" He nods and walks out of the room. "Alright," Jesse says and I start thinking, Hmmm, who to cover, who to cover? Then it hits me. But first, I place Cope in her space-saver when Austin brought it. I rush to Jesse's side and whisper the title into his ear. When I pull back, he's smirking. "Alright," he says and begins playing.

"I see you driving down town with the girl I love
and I'm like,
Fuck you!
I guess the change in my pocket wasn't enough
I'm like,
Ah fuck!

I'm sorry,
I can't afford a Ferrari,
But I got something that’ll get you there
Say she’s an Xbox and I'm more Atari,
But the way you play your game ain't fair.

I pity the fool
That falls in love with you
Aaaaah
She’s a golddigger
She’s a golddigger
Oooooooooh
I've got some news for you.
Why don’t you go tell your fucking boyfriend.

I see you driving down town with the girl I love
and I'm like,
Fuck you!
Ooo,ooo,oooo
I guess the change in my pocket wasn't enough
I'm like,
Fuck you! And fuck her too.
I said,
If I was richer, I'd still be here with ya
Ain’t that some shit?
(Ain't that some shit?)
And although there's pain in my chest
I still wish you the best
And
Fuck you!
Ooo,ooo,ooo

Now I know,
I had to borrow,
Beg and steal and lie and cheat.
(Beg and steal and lie and cheat.)
Trying to keep ya,
Trying to please ya.
'Cause being with your ass ain't cheap.

I pity the fool
That falls in love with you
Aaaaah
She’s a golddigger
She’s a motherfucking golddigger
Oooooooooh
I've got some news for you.
Ooh,
I really hate your ass right now.

I see you driving down town with the girl I love
and I'm like,
Fuck you! (Fuck you!)
Ooo,ooo,oooo
I guess the change in my pocket wasn't enough
I'm like,
Fuck you! And fuck her too.
I said,
If I was richer, I'd still be here with ya
Ain’t that some shit? (shit)
(Ain't that some shit?)
And although there's pain in my chest
I still wish you the best
And
Fuck you!
Ooo,ooo,ooo

Now baby, baby, baby, why you why you wanna wanna hurt me so bad?
(So bad, so bad, so bad)
I tried to tell my mamma but she told me
It’s one for your dad.
(Your dad, your dad, your dad)
So I tell her like
Whhhhy?
Whhhhy?
Whhhhy oh baby?
I love you.
Still thinking of you.
Oooh!

I see you driving down town with the girl I love
and I'm like,
Fuck you!
(Fuck you bitch!)
So fuck you!

I see you driving down town with the girl I love
and I'm like,
Fuck you!
Ooo,ooo,oooo
I guess the change in my pocket wasn't enough
I'm like,
Fuck you! And…
Come on, come on
One more time

I see you driving down town with the girl I love (girl I love)
and I'm like,
Fuck you! (Fuck you!)
Ooo,ooo,oooo
I guess the change in my pocket wasn't enough (wasn’t enough)
I'm like,
Fuck you! (Fuck you)"

"Wow, nice choice," Austin says, laughing. I smile, deviously, "Oh, I know." That sets him off more. "Ok. Ok. Enough laughing," I say, trying to consume mine. "So, what are we doing today," Austin asks. "Well, the doctor is coming later today, so Vic has that," I say.

"Hmm, we should go swimming or something. I'm sure Mexico has some lakes we can swim in," Jesse says.

"There is, but I probably won't be able to swim," Vic answers. "I'd probably risk infection in my shoulder or something worse."

"Ooh. You're right. What if we just watch movies," I suggest. "Sure," they all agree. We all walk out of the music room, me grabbing Cope and Austin her space-saver. We walk into the living room and Vic opens up a cabinet, "Some are Spanish and some in English."

"Do you have any Disney movies," Austin asks.

"Dude, Disney? Really? That's so gay," Vic says, snickering.

"If liking Disney makes you gay, then I am a flaming homo."

"Alright, but yeah, I have some."

"Yes!"

"Yeah, which do you want to see?" Austin crouches down at the cabinet and looks through it until he finds one he likes. When I look at it, I burst out laughing. "Really? You know that's kind of referencing Jesse's gang, right," I ask him, in between my laughs. He thought about it for a moment before laughing as well.

Jesse walks in with popcorn and takes a seat on the couch. "So, what movie are we watching," he asks. I place Cope in her space-saver with a bottle, holding it up with a blanket."Wait and see, but it references your gang, JLaw," Vic says, laughing. Then I take my seat between Vic and Jesse.

The movie starts and Jesse gasps, "The Little Mermaid, really?"

"Hey, don't blame us, Aussie picked it," Vic says, raising his hands in defense, wincing a bit. "Shh, it's starting," Austin says and we all face the screen. From the corner of my eye, I see Vic clenching his jaw. He kept rubbing his wound and I frown. I gently rub his shoulder in circles - trying to make sure it didn't hurt him - and he relaxes, "Better," I ask him softly. He nods, smiling gently down at me. I blush a bit before looking back at the movie.

Vic wraps his arm around me, pulling me closer. I look at him and he just winks at me, before turning to face the movie again. I do the same, but blushing. Looking around, Austin looked so engrossed in the movie and Jesse was acting as if he didn't want to be watching it, but from the look in his eyes, I knew he was enjoying it. Then I turn to face Vic again.

He was lost in thought. He face had a neutral expression so I knew he did like the movie, but his eyes were glazed over so he wasn't watching it. He was lost in his own world. His grip on my waist tightened a bit, but from the look on his face, I don't think he noticed.

I go back to watching the movie and it was around the time when Ariel was saving Eric from drowning. I find it funny that she fell in love by just looking at him. Love at first sight. Not, she was merely attracted to him, then she falls in love when she gets to know him.

But I could never imagine giving something as precious as my voice for a guy. He must be very important to me for me to do that, and she, she just met the guy. Like I would do it for Jesse and Cope, but someone I just met. No. It's crazy, plus there was the risk of him not even falling for her. I mean we knew he was, it's a Disney movie, but still. No one just falls in love by just looking at someone.

~~~

Vic

I fell in love with Kellin by just looking at him when we first met. He was just so adorable, even when he was scared. I could just tell from the way that he wouldn't look at me that he was modest. When I looked into his beautiful mixture of color eyes, I saw his pain, fear, exhaustion, and hope. His perfectly adorable mouth was agape as he stared at me. He was perfect for me and I got him.

Then getting to know him and seeing who he is as a person made the love intesify. When he saved Jack from getting shot. When he came with me just to protect JLaw. When he made us take Cope in and raise her as our own.

When I discovered his story, I just... I wanted to take all his pain away and place it over me just so he wouldn't have to bear the burden of it. I would if I could, but I know that Kellin would never hope for that kind of pain on anyone, not even on his bastard of an uncle. I tighten my grip on Kellin's waist, remembering his uncle.

Then there was everytime I did anything sexual to him. He'd always break down crying, and that's when I realized that he's a virgin. Probably both ways. I just find it hard to believe that he's virgin, he's just so cute and adorable, how could anyone not want him? Besides his disgusting uncle.

Kellin is just perfect in every way. He had black hair with brown streaks in it that is soft to the touch. His beautiful eyes that are so big and innocent, full of life, and the fact that his eyes are a mixture of green, blue, and gray. No one would ever get tired of looking at those eyes. Then his sinful mouth that I have only got to taste a handful of times, but each time I had, it had me wanting more. And I would, but I don't for him.

His lips were the perfect shade of pink, and they had the right amount of fullness. They were soft and delictable. And the fact that he was new to kissing made kissing him all the more fun. He was new to it all. And just looking at him, sometimes I just wanted to wreck him. To have him underneath me, writhering and sweating, begging for me. To have his tiny mouth surrounding my - No, Vic. Calm down.

Anyway, how could anyone not want him? Not to mention his body, it wasn't buff by any means, but his body was so small and delicate. I don't want to do anything but hold him close and make sure nothing and no one hurts him. His pale skin was so soft and smooth it reminded me of a porcelain doll. I love running my hand over his skin.

His petite body had some curves that guys shouldn't have like the hips. Not to mention he has more of a butt than most guys. He had really good thighs that I just want to grab and hold. His body wasn't littered with bruises anymore which made me proud. I remember when I first saw his thighs covered in hand prints. I know now it was his uncle.

What I would give to have those slender legs wrapped around me. What I would give to be able to kiss those sinful lips and that delictable mouth of his. What I would give to be able to hold him forever. What I would give to take away all his pain. What I would give to have a relationship like Austin and Alan's. And what I would give to take away his virginity, having him begging for more, and finally being able to wreck him until he can't even walk. But I don't ever want to hurt him.

The movie ends and it was JLaw's turn to pick one. He didn't pick a Disney movie, though, he picked a horror movie and from how long I've known Kellin, I know he doesn't like horror movies. I already felt him getting closer to me in fear as the opening credits came on. I think the movie is Saw movie, but I'm not paying attention.

Everytime a gory scene came on, I'd see Kellin flinch and I pull him close. He looks up at me - his eyes searching my face - and he gives me a small, soft smile before turning back to face the movie. It took everything in me not to kiss his lips. It pretty much became a process everytime a scene that scared him came on. I'm starting to like this movie.

When we were on our third movie, another horror, Alan finally decided to wake up. He walks in and places himself on Austin's lap and kisses him on the lips and I can't help but feel jealous. I wanted that, to be able to kiss and hold Kellin without it being forced, without him crying. I wanted to be able to express my love for him without him rejecting it.

I look at him and he's watching the movie, his expression was kind of timid, but it wasn't on a gory scene, so he was fine. He looked so beautiful, the light of the television reflecting in his eyes, lighting up his face and I just can't help myself. I lean forward and place a soft kiss on his cheek. His cheeks were as soft as Cope's. I loved the feel of his skin on my lips.

His cheeks turn to a red tint and he looks at me, his eyes wide and his little mouth agape. I smile at him and he sends me a small smile back. Then he leans forward and places a kiss on my cheek. His lips are so soft and plush. They felt wonderful against my skin. He sends me a smile before turning back to face the movie just as a gory scene came on and the process continued.

~~~

Kellin

What was I thinking? Why didn't I say anything about horror movies? But Jesse knows, so he probably did this on purpose so that I'd go to Vic for comfort. Jesse is a manipulating genius. Right now the movie wasn't on a gruesome scene, do I could watch, but I was cringing, awaiting a scene where I would have to look away. Then I felt it.

Vic had placed a kiss on cheek. I feel them heating up and I turn to look at him, he hasn't done that in a while. He smiles at me and I smile back, it seemd like the polite thing to do. Plus, the kiss itself wasn't terrible, it was... nice, it just caught me by surprise.

I lean forward and place a kiss on his cheek. My cheeks darken, but I've never really kissed Vic except for a few times. I let them stay for a while on his skin before pulling back. He had a shocked expression and I smile at him before turning back to face the movie just as a gory scene came on and Vic did what he always did when it came on.

Finally, we were done with watching movies. I wake up Cope to feed her, but first I change her wet diaper. I might have to give her another bath since I haven't since the day Vic got... shot. But I'll feed her first. After changing her diaper, I walk downstairs and Vic has already prepared the bottle and I take it from him. "Thank you," I say.

I give it to Cope, taking a seat on the couch. Alan comes and takes a seat beside me. "Hey, Kellin. Can I feed her?"

"Sure, just try not to move her so much or she'll throw up." He nods and takes her in his arms. "So why were you so tired," I ask him. He starts blushing and I'm so confused. "Um... Austin wanted to do something last night that involved a lot of energy."

"What?"

"You don't get it?" I shake my head.

"I'll let Vic explain it to you," he says and begins laughing. "No, tell me. What happened?"

"No, tell me."

"Kellin, if you didn't get it, I'm not going to be the one to ruin your innocence." I give him in a confused. "What?" He just laughs at me and Vic and Jesse walk in, Austin trailing behind them. "What's so funny," Jesse asks.

"K-Kellin," Alan gasps through his laughs. "He-he doesn't un-understand what happened last night with Austin and I." They all seemed to get it because they all started snickering. I'm so confused. Just as I was about to say something, there was a knock on the door.

I get up to open and see Jaime standing there, smiling as usual. "Kellin!"

"Jaime," I say, hugging him before letting him enter. "What brings you here?"

"Oh, you know, it's been a while since I've visited you guys. In fact, I think the last time I was here was when Vic got shot," and I cringe at the memory. "Yeah... anyway, I was just about to make lunch, you in the mood for anything?"

"No, not really."

"You sure?" I ask, following after him into the living room. "You know what? Yeah. I want to try your cooking. Everyone says it's better than Vivian's," Vic's mom. I blush, though, realizing the comment. "That's not true."

He raises an eye-brow, "Oh, really? Hey, everyone. Is it true that Kellin's cooking is amazing," he asks everyone in the living room. "Yes," they all answer. My blush darkens, "Whatever," I mumble before walking across the hall into the kitchen.

I start cooking a random Mexican dish, something called Chilaquiles. It was fried tortillas cut into triangles, then you bathe them in sauce, and when they're all cooked, you place crema and queso fresco on top. But with the crema it has to be like a blanket. It usually comes out wonderful. I want to learn more recipes from Vic's mom, but I have yet to meet her.

I serve six plates and place six glasses of juice on the table. Vic has shown me some Hispanic waters. And I love guanabana and tamarindo. They are really good, so I place three of guanabana and three of tamarindo. "Guys, lunch is ready," I call, before walking back into the kitchen and placing all the dirty dishes I used into the sink. Then I wash my hands and walk into the dining room.

I take my seat beside Vic and see that they all waited for me to sit down before they started eating. I was the first to begin and then they all started. They all started moaning and groaning at the taste, "Dude, I want you back in Michigan for your cooking," Jesse says, groaning. Vic growls a bit, but I just laugh it off.

When I look at Jesse, I see he was staring at Jaime. He seemed dazed, Hmm, wonder what's going on there. "Man, Kellin, they weren't lying, you're cooking is amazing," Jaime says. Alan nods, "Yes! I'm at war between the molé and this," he says, and groans. I laugh quietly, but I knew my cheeks were tinted pink.

When everyone finishes, Alan helps me pick up the plates and wash thedishes. "Does it bother you to do all this," he asks me while drying off a wet plate that I hand to him. "What do you mean?"

"I mean, does it bother you that you do all the cleaning and cooking?"

"Oh... honestly, I learned from a young age that I had to clean and cook without complaints, and this is nothing. Here if I were to not do any chores, Vic wouldn't care. But if I were still with my uncle, I would've gotten punished. So, no. I don't mind. I'm use to it. This is like breathing to me."

He nods, "Oh... Hey, look, we're done." And we were. I dry off my hands and so does Alan. When we walk into the living room, I see Jesse still staring at Jaime. I set my lips in a thin line. "Hey, Jesse, come here for a second," I ask and he nods, getting up and walking away from Jaime. Looking at Jaime, I see he's staring at Jesse's retreating form. Interesting.

"What do you need, Kellin?"

"Do you like Jaime?" And he starts spluttering and blushing. I gasp. He does. "Oh, my God. You do!"

"Shhh. Not so loud," he says, placing his hand over my mouth. I raise an eye-brow at him. "When were you planning on telling me," I ask him once he removes his hand.

"Hmmm.... never, to be honest."

"Why?!"

"Because I'd knew you'd freak out."

"Well, yeah, but only because in the many years I've known you, you've never had any kind of partner except for that one girl who broke your heart by cheating on you. What was her name again," I ask myself.

Jesse sighs, "Ashley." (By the way, I have nothing against Ashley, I think she's great! This is purely fiction.)

"Yeah, her. I know what she did hurt you, but it's time you move on. and I can tell you, Jaime is a great choice," I say, placing my hand on his shoulder.

"Kellin, I appreciate how much you care about this. But... I don't think anything with Jaime is going to happen anytime soon."

"Why?"

"Because... it wouldn't work out."

"Why? Because he you're too scared to make move in fear of getting hurt? Or because you truly it won't work out?"

"You know what, Kellin? Shut up. You can't be talking because here you are telling me that I should make a move on Jaime, but what about you and Vic? Huh?"

"Now that's different and you know it!"

"How? How is it different?" I stay silent. "Exactly," he snaps.

"It's different because I was forced into this relationship. Because I was abused. Because I-I've never known love of this kind!"

"Bull-shit! If anything, you're the one scared to make a move."

"And with every right," I snap. "You know God damn well why," I hiss. "But here you are, you were cheated on. And yeah, I know it hurt you - hell, I was there - but you can move on. Meanwhile, here I am, forced to live my life in fear because we all know that my uncle wants me back. And not to redeem himself," I yell. He glares at me.

"You know what, Kellin? This conversation is over."

"No, Jesse, this conversation is not over." He starts walking away and I  pull him back by the arm... only to receive a fist to the face. I release him immediately. Acting on instinct, I back away. When I look at him, I see regret filling his eyes. "You're right, JLaw, this conversation is over."

"No, Kellin, I'm so-"

"We should go back into the living room," I say, letting my head drop.

"Kellin, plea-"

"Jesse," I snap. "It's over. What's done is done." Then I walk into the living room where is staring wide-eyed. "Kellin, what happened to your fa-" I cut Vic off. "I'm going for a walk, watch Cope." Then I walk out the door, not giving him time to protest.

I walk to the fence and I climb over it. I jump down and my feet touch the ground. I walk to where I last saw Katelynne and see her body is gone. Someone must have noticed her. I walk past the spot and walk to my tree. I begin climbing, higher and higher until I reach the top. I pull my knees to chest and I finally let myself cry.

~~~

Jesse

All I could do was watch in horror as Kellin back away from me in fear. Me, who promised to never hurt him. Me, who was his best friend. Me, who always took care of him when his uncle beat him. Me, who would have rather died than cause Kellin any pain.

When I walk into the living room, I see them all staring at me, shock evident on their faces. I didn't blame them, I'd be shocked too if I were in their shoes. Vic was the first to react because next thing I know, I was tackled to the ground and Vic was above me, glaring down. His eyes showed nothing but hate. I knew that if it weren't for Kellin, I'd be dead.

"What did you do," he growls out at me. I stay silent, though. I couldn't admit to my acts, I'm ashamed. He picks me up and slams me into the floor, making sure it hurt. "Hey, Vic, cal-" he cuts off Austin. "Shut up," he snaps at him before turning his attention back to me. "What did you do?"

"I.... I-I punched him." Vic's eyes widen and the next thing I know, I was thrown against the wall. I groan as I slide down. He walks to me and I was actually scared for my life. He crouches down to my level and pulls my shirt. "I never liked you. I only put up with you for Kellin's sake. But now... I want you to out of my house. And I want you to know that the only reason I'm not killing you and disposing of your pathetic body is because of Kellin and Copeland. Pack your shit and go." And he releases me.

He walks to Cope picking her up and glaring at me over her small body. I walk to the room he let me use during my stay and pack what little clothes I brought for the week. When I walk out, I couldn't meet anyone's eyes. I walk to the door where Vic is holding it open and when I'm out of the house, he slams the door.

I stare at the house and a few minutes later, Jaime is walking out. "You can stay with me," he says and I nod, following him as he leads me to his house. When we enter, I see it wasn't too big like Vic's, but it wasn't too small either. "You can take the guest room, it's the first door on the right, make yourself at home," he says and I nod.

I go to the door he said and open it. I throw my bag somewhere into the room and collapse onto the bed. I take a deep breath and I finally allow myself to cry.

~~~

Kellin

I finally decided it was time to head back and I start climbing down. It was dark out. I walk back to the fence and climb over, jumping down. Then I walk back to Vic's house and enter hesitantly. I walk into the living room and see Vic there with Cope in her space-saver. I start trembling when he sees me.

"Kellin, what's wrong," he asks, and I flinch away from his out stretched hand.

"Am I going to get punished," I ask in a small voice. He gives me a confused look.

"Punished? For what?"

"For running away."

~~~

Vic

"Oh, no. Kellin. No, you didn't do anything wrong." It hurt that we were back to when he feared me. I thought we were past it. He looks at me through his eye-lashes that appeared to be wet. I knew he was crying. I growl a little knowing Jesse caused this. But Kellin flinches, probably thinking it was directed at him. "I'm sorry," he whimpers.

"No, baby, you didn't do anything wrong. I'm not mad at you. I'm mad at Jesse."

"Why?"

"Because he hurt you."

"So? I deserved it," he mutters and I am seriously contemplating killing Jesse right now. "No, you didn't deserve it. In fact, is it okay if I hug you," I ask. He nods timidly and pull him into my arms gently. I sigh in content when I have him safely in my arms. "Kellin?"

"Yes?"

"Can you go upstairs, I'll meet you there, okay?" He nods against my chest and begins walking up the stairs. I grab my sleeping Cope and follow him, walking softly to not wake Cope up. When we reach our room, I place Cope in her crib and walk to Kellin who stood, trembling in the middle of the room.

I pick him up bridal style and lay him on the bed. "Are you going to rape me?"

I sigh, "No, Kellin, you didn't do anything wrong," I say, placing a kiss to his forehead. When I look at the bruise on his delicate face, I start seeing red. If I ever see Jesse, he is so going to die. I walk to Kellin's drawer and take out the shirt he always wears to bed.

When I hand it to him, I turn around so he can change. "You can look now," he mutters in his soft, hurt voice. I felt my heart constrict at his pained voice and expression. I take off my clothes and stay in my boxers. When I get into bed, I place Kellin on my lap and he wraps his legs around me. I pull him closer. I feel his breath come out in soft pants and they displayed themselves over my exposed shoulder. I shiver in content.

"I hope you know you didn't deserve the punch Jesse gave you," I say. He stays silent and I sigh. Oh, Kellin. We stayed like that until we heard the doorbell ring. Kellin pulls back, sending me a confused expression and I was just as confused. But when I remembered I had on a bandage, I remembered the doctor.

~~~

Kellin

I get out of bed and Vic follows and we both walk to the front door. I open it and see it's the doctor. "Hola, doctor," Vic says.

"Hola, Victor. Vamos a checkar tu herida."

"Ok, vayamos a la sala," and he starts leading the doctor to the living room. The doctor begins removing Vic's bandage after Vic sat down. He examines the wound and shines light on it. "Se mira bien. Creo que eso es todo. Tu hombro ya esta bien. Adios, Victor." As the doctor walks by me, he stares me up and down and I blush. "Adios, doctor," Vic says, with venom in his voice. I begin to shake a bit.

The doctor leaves and I turn to Vic. "So, um, what did he say?"

"He said my shoulder is fine now." I nod at him. We start walking back upstairs and I wince when the bedroom door closes. I turn to face him. Then he starts advancing towards me and I take steps back and I continued backing away, until my foot tripped over one of Cope's toys. I was about to fall when I feel Vic's arms wrap around my waist and both my hands were at his shoulders.

I look up at him, staring into his eyes. I feel his breath fanning my lips and I know mine was doing the same. I bring one of my hands and bring it to his face. I run my knuckles against his cheek and he takes that hand, bring it to his lips and kissing it. I blush, but didn't tear my gaze away from his. I cup his cheek and lean up until....

Our lips touch.