We Salute You In Your Grave

Two.

Rayne’s POV

Meh. I sleepily shuffled through the hall with a yawn after holding the door for a freshman who’d walked in behind me. I don’t know why--no one else seemed to care…regardless; I kept walking through the halls with a sigh.

The halls were empty--fittingly so, considering school hadn’t started yet and wouldn’t start for another 30 minutes or so. I liked the halls this way. No jocks to bump into, no shoulders or backpacks in the face, no squeezing through gathering cliques. Apparently I was short for my age: 5 feet, 4 inches.

Walking into the familiar classroom, I saw the same two familiar heads sticking up from behind a table of computers.

“Morning, Rayne!” my best friend, Francesca (we just call her Frankie) waved at me from one of the flat screen Macs.

“Morning,” I yawned back, sitting beside her.

“Late night last night?” My other best friend Genevieve (she prefers Gen or Gee) sat down on the other side of me with a smirk.

“Heck yeah,” I giggled tiredly while I logged in “Blame Youtube.”

“And MCR on Youtube,” Frankie added.

“Morning, guys...” I said low enough for no one else to hear when my desktop background popped up on the screen. My fingers absentmindedly ran over the abstract font that read “My Chemical Romance”.

“You’re awfully quiet this morning...” Frankie mused.

“Yeah, well, something is bugging me. I…I have this feeling that something bad is gonna happen...” I mumbled opening up the internet window.

“Oh, I doubt it…it’s a great day so far – the sky’s cloudy, we’re all in one piece, all the guys are, too…” Gee continued, getting lost in her pleasant thoughts.

“Yeah, that’s great…but…I can’t shake this feeling no matter how hard I try…” I shrugged, easily hacking through the school’s internet blocker. “I’m convinced something’s gonna happen. This is one of those times I wish I was wrong…"

“You are wrong! Well – I hope so. Or maybe not… I dunno. But stop being so pessimistic before your grandpa gets hit by a car or something!” Francesca--I mean Frankie-- chimed in with her usual amount of energy.

I giggled, still running my eyes over the message board threads. It was quiet for a good amount of time, until my eyes were met with a link from one of the board members’ posts.

‘Parents Beware of Emo-Chemical-Death-Cult’?

Eyebrows raised, I clicked the link and it took me to some odd newspaper website. It didn’t take much scrolling down to find the article --

Heck no.

Lips pressed together firmly in anger, I nudged Genevieve and Francesca to get their attention. They were busy throwing skittles at each other, of course.

I got their attention, and their eyes widened at what was on the screen.

“Tell me this is a joke…” Gee murmured, still reading.

“It better be…” Frankie growled slightly.

“It’s not.”

“We’d better tell the others,” Francesca noted, while I clicked the back button and prepared to add a reply.

“Looks like they beat us to the punch…” Gee’s finger trailed down the screen full of comments.

“We should give that dim-witted reporter a piece of our minds…” Francesca added.

“We can’t…look, they’re saying the paper deleted their comments online...” I pointed out on the screen.

“Gotta love censorship…” Gee rolled her eyes. “We need to do something.”

“Yeah, they messed with the wrong fanbase!” Frankie chimed in.

“A cult,” I snorted to myself while I shook my head.

“Looks like they’re organizing a protest...and need more leaders!” Gee pointed to another thread on the screen.

“I wanna go!” Frankie piped up as I clicked on the topic.

“It’s in London,” I groaned, still reading.

“Hey Robert--I mean Bob--lives in London! You know he’ll want to get involved. Maybe he can be a leader and hook us up.” Gee grinned.

“I’m messaging him,” I chuckled.

“We’re gonna put up a fight!” Frankie hit her fist on the desk for emphasis.

“A cult. Ha.” I snickered “We’ll show them a freaking army.

I hit the ‘send’ button. The message only contained the link; I knew that would be enough to get my ill-tempered friend pissed. I assumed once he received it, he'd send it in no time to Mikey--his friend and ours.

Things are about to get really interesting.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?

<3