Status: Still plan on continuing this story, just very busy with more important things.

You Put the Spike in My Heart

Loose These Shackles

Bailey woke up to being smooshed up against the wall of her bunk. She slowly opened her eyes to reveal Frank right in her face, their foreheads practically touching.

"Morning, sunshine."

He was smiling unwaveringly at her.

"It's too early."

"It's two in the afternoon."

"I've only been sleeping for four hours."

"More like you've been sleeping since yesterday morning."

Bailey moaned in pain when she tried to move. Her whole body ached telling her Frank wasn't lying.

"You have to get up, we have a surprise for you."

Bailey scrunched up her nose and put her pillow over his face.

"I don't like surprises. Let me sleep."

Frank grabbed the pillow and shoved it back into her face.

"If you don't get up, I told Bert he could dump ice-water on you."

As if on cue, Gerard and Bert walked into view with a large bucket. They were both giggling, mischievous grins plastered on their faces.

"Damn, she's awake."

Bailey peeked up at Gerard over her pillow fight with Frank.

"You wouldn't."

He raised his eyebrows at her.

"I think you underestimate me. But even if I didn't, you know Bert would."

She narrowed her eyes at Bert.

"Does castration mean anything to you?"

Bert stuck his tongue out at her and she did the same back. Just like brother and sister.

"I don't think she deserves her surprise anymore."

Bailey pinned the pillow over Frank's face and laid on top of him so he couldn't move. She smiled triumphantly.

"If Bert doesn't want me to have my surprise then I want it now."

All of the guys groaned and rolled their eyes at her as she escaped out of her bunk.

"What are we going to do with the water now?"

"Give it here, I'll run it down the drain before I take a shower."

Gerard set the bucket at her feet. As soon as they all turned to walk away, Bailey tossed the water at them. The many shrieks of surprise almost brought Bailey to the floor in laughter. Before she could think to run away, Gerard grabbed her and held her to his chest with an evil grin.

"Ewwww, you're wet! Noooooooooo! Lemme go!"

He shook his soaked hair onto her and she had to stop struggling because she was laughing so hard.

"Group hug!"

"No!"

Bert and Frank joined in. Bailey found herself just as wet as the others. She pouted up at them.

"Why are you all the devil?"

~*~

Bailey bounced up and down in her seat, getting anxious at the time it was taking to get wherever the hell they were going. It wasn't helping that they had blindfolded her.

"How much longer?"

"Five minutes less than the last time you asked."

She leaned forward and flicked her brother in the ear.

"Hey!"

"Gerard did it."

"From the other side of the car?"

"He's crafty like that."

She turned to her left and scolded Gerard in the general direction she thought he was in.

"Shame on you."

When she didn't receive an answer she tried to lift her blindfold. Unmistakable fingers wrapped themselves around her wrist causing her to smirk.

"Just checking to see if you're still awake."

"Bailey, don't make me pull this car over." Frank warned from the driver's seat. Gerard released her wrist.

"Keep the blindfold on, Red."

"Yes sir."

She brought her legs up onto the middle seat beside her but the same fingers as before found their way to her ankles and pulled them across his lap. It was impulsive. He didn't know why he did it but it was comfortable and she didn't protest. He began to play with the fringe on her torn-up jeans as she started to hum to herself until she finally went quiet.

~*~

"She can't possibly be out again. She just got done sleeping for over 24 hours."

Gerard frowned at Bert's statement. He was right, it wasn't healthy.

"Wakey, wakey little sister."

Both Gerard and Frank grabbed Bert's arm inches away from Bailey's face.

"Bert, come with me into the house. Gerard, you wake her up."

Bert mumbled under his breath but quietly got out of the car with Frank. Gerard shifted so he was beside Bailey on the same seat. He ran a hand through her hair slowly and undid the blindfold before setting it aside. As he cradled her head in his hands he couldn't help but notice how peaceful she looked. It was so different than the constant war he always saw in her eyes.

He hated the thought of waking her from any rest she was getting. Her eyelids were red, the puffiness beneath her eyes the color of a light bruise. He felt a sharp pang in his chest as he looked her over. His love/hate relationship with her since day one held no sway in his mind now. The more he understood her, the more he felt the irrational need to protect her. He didn't want her to hurt anymore.
Noise from outside drew his attention to the window. They were ready and he had no choice but to rouse her.
When he brought his eyes back to her he was startled to see that she was awake and looking straight up at him. He thought to move his hands but couldn't bring himself to move.

"Hi."

Her eyes held a light curiosity where he expected anger or confusion. He swallowed hard and tried to clear his throat.

"Hi. We're here."

He removed his hands from her head but took her hands to help her sit up. She smiled awkwardly at the gesture.

"Thank you."

She rubbed her eyes. Gerard could tell she was still tired even though she had no reason to be. But the moment she looked out the window her eyes went from glazed-over to glassy with tears. She brought both hands to her mouth as she let out a few unintelligible curses. Gerard was suddenly concerned he had done the wrong thing by bringing her out here. He laid a hand on her knee.

"Bailey?"

She didn't respond to his touch or his words, it was like he wasn't there at all. She brought a shaky hand to the handle and let herself out. Gerard stayed just outside the door as she made her way towards the house in front of her. Her eyes were glued to one person in particular. She hesitated about ten feet from him. Bam Margera opened his arms.

"Don't be like that. Get over here, stupid."

As if waiting for permission, Bailey ran and jumped into Bam's waiting arms. He swung her around a few times and Gerard was relieved to hear a tearful laugh. When he set her down everyone could see the huge grin on her face. Gerard was glad to see her so happy until their lips met and lingered for more than they should have.
His heart sank and he didn't know why. He didn't like it whatsoever...and then it hit him. The guy Bailey was kissing in her camera was this same one. His stomach started to churn. Why was he feeling like this?

"Bam, I missed you so much and I have so much I need to -"

Bailey screeched when she received a hard smack on the ass. She turned around only to get swept off her feet again by Ryan Dunn. Her grin had grown wider if possible and she kissed his cheek when brought back the ground.

"It's so good to see you."

She shook her head in amazement before going over to Frank and hugging him. She managed to cling to Bam's hand the whole time.

"Best surprise ever."

"Don't look at me, this was Gee's idea."

Gerard couldn't take his eyes off of Bailey and Bam. He could admit that he had some lustful feelings for her, but why did it make him so angry to see them holding hands? Surely he couldn't have fallen for her. They had just barely started getting along and he didn't know who he was dealing with half the time.
Before he could think it through anymore, Bailey was running towards him. He leaned forward and caught her in his arms before they both fell back against the car. She squeezed him tightly and her laugh came out more clear and melodic than he had ever heard.

"Thank you. You'll never know how much this means to me."

He chuckled and set her down, scuffing his shoe on the ground in slight embarrasment.

"It's nothing."

She lifted his chin and pecked his lips so softly he would wonder later if he had only imagined it.

"It's not nothing. I owe you big."

He was dazed from the kiss even though he was completely aware it was no more than a friendly thank you.

"I have to go."

Bailey frowned in confusion.

"Why?"

"I mean Frank, Bert and I have to go. We have a concert tonight."

"Oh."

Bailey looked back at Bam and held up a finger telling him she'd be just another minute.

"You'll come back after the show, right?"

Bailey's eyes pleaded with him. He found it impossible to say no to her. That would be a problem.

"We'll see."

She nodded before grabbing her bag she had dropped on the ground. She squeezed his hand in one more thank you before heading back to the house. She nodded to Frank and Bert as Bam put an arm around her.

"I'll see you guys later. Good luck."

Bam waved to Gerard and then quirked an eyebrow at Bailey.

"What?"

"It looks like we have a lot to talk about."

Bailey looked at Gerard as he got into the car, knowing that's what Bam was talking about.

"I don't know what you mean."

"Oh don't you start that bullshit with me, Bailey Taggart. You may have been gone a long time, but I still know you better than anyone."

She sighed dejectedly. He would pry until she broke and she knew it.

"Fine, I'll talk. But I'm going to need beer. Lots and lots of beer."

Bam directed her inside.

"Beer it is."
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: The Killers