Status: Ongoing

Cooler Rising

Chapter Eleven

Vegeta and Goku stood in the back area of the Capsule Corporation building. They were the only two in the area--the others were either off training or looking for the other fighters.

"Listen, Kakarott, you might not know where that power is emanating from, but I do," Vegeta said. "That power is from a Saiyan science facility."

"And you know that how, exactly?" Goku said.

"Because even though I've lived on Earth for a long time, I know where my people are from," Vegeta said. "That's a science facility. It produced the technology which gave us scouters and the Saibaimen. Freeza thought it was abandoned a few years after he took over Planet Vegeta, but here's the truth of it, Kakarott.

"A century before Freeza took over Planet Vegeta, there was a rift in our people. One wanted to become like you--peaceful, only fighting in their own defence or the defence of the helpless--and the others wanted to remain traditional Saiyans--a strong fighting people who would take down any enemy just for the pleasure of the fight.

"This rift would have been irreparable. Our people's kings don't mind killing, Kakarott, but they rarely kill their own kind unless they're staging open rebellion. These peaceful Saiyans...they were strong, yes, and they could rebel; but they're not the kind of people to rebel. Our people might not like other races much, but we can tolerate them if they're subservient to us.

"So we did what we had to do. We saved Saiyan blood and we kept the royal family's authority. We gave them their own planet in a neighbouring system. We sent some royal cousins over there to rule them and every so often, a member of the royal family would be mysteriously murdered and their children shuffled over there to rule in my family's stead.

"But once Freeza came, they dropped all contact. Freeza took over their planet, but after a few years, they simply vanished. There was never any official explanation, but it was assumed that Freeza ordered a massacre there and that's what happened."

"Why are you only telling me this now? You could have had our entire race repopulated..."

"I thought they were dead like everyone else, Kakarott! Besides, these decadent fools...we never considered them true Saiyans. We shared a common heritage, that much is true, but our attitudes were too different for us to be of the same race." Vegeta smirked. "But maybe that can be different now."

"What are you proposing, Vegeta?" Goku said.

"I say we go over there and we fight whoever this asshole is," Vegeta said. "We can both reach levels beyond Super Saiyan. Your oldest brat can too. Between the three of us, this guy should be no problem..."

"No, Vegeta. I won't do it." Goku paced around the area. "I won't go and attack this guy for no reason. We don't know what his intentions are or who he is."

"There's no way his intentions are good, Kakarott! Nobody with that much power is good without something there to keep them in line, except for you! Hell, even you needed to be hit on the head as a baby." Vegeta threw an angry hand at Goku. "You weren't like this about Namek. You were all for going there."

"That was different! They had the dragon balls we needed to bring everyone back after the battle with you and Nappa..."

"Ah! A self serving bastard are we, Kakarott?"

"No," said a voice from behind them. "I agree with Goku. We can't get involved in this unless we know we're dealing with someone who's definitely out to get us."