Status: Currently in the works.

Playing With Fire

Chapter 15

Racing towards the woods she spotted something she never wanted to see. Her father’s rivals Stephane and Vladimir . If there were two vampires in the world that hated Aro and anything volturi the most it was them and they had good reason to be hateful. The problem was they weren’t just vengeful towards Aro. They were vengeful towards the whole guard including Kitten and Princess. In fact Vlad had vowed so long ago if he ever got his hands on Kitten he would kill everyone she loved so that she would suffer like her father has made so many others suffer.

Kitten knew exactly why they were here, they’d heard about the fight the Cullen’s were having with Aro and they wanted to be a part. They must have hear that Kitten and Princess were involved, meaning they were on their way to the Cullen house not only to side with the Cullen’s but to destroy Princess the one person Kitten couldn’t survive without. Thankfully they didn’t know about her imprinting on the wolves because as Kitten tumbled upon the scene she saw Vlad’s arms around Paul’s middle and Stephane was crushing Seth.

“Enough,” She ordered and within an instant the two vampires had let go of the wolves and whip towards her looking angry and blood thirsty. “You will let the wolves go; They are no concern to you,” She demanded and Vlad looked at her questioningly. “Innocent lives do not need to be shed because you are angry with me,” She growled lowly. “go Now,” She ordered Paul and seth but it was more of a plea and thankfully both injured wolves caught on to what she was saying.

“you seem to care about the wolves, Maybe we should continue to crush them,” Stephane smirked as he turned around to continue his attack on the wolves only to find that they had disappeared.

“My care for the wolves is none of your concern, you are here for me and Princess am I wrong?” She snapped and Vlad smirked circling Kitten like a prey.

“of course we are,” Stephane began to circle her as well. “but where is your dear Princess, I assume you are keeping her away from the action?” He hissed sounding more like a snake than a vampire. Kitten was vaguely aware of Vlad stopping behind her.

“you won’t get past me to Princess, you know that as well as I do,” Kitten ducked as Vlad went for her neck causing him to stumble forward and knock over Stephane. “You won’t even make if very far with me. Death awaits you,” She promised as she gripped Stephan knowing the bond between the two vampires was strong and all she needed was to destroy one of them to accomplish weakening the other. “Silly Vlad, You should know better than the obvious move,” She hummed grabbing him by the hair.

“I will live past you. I will destroy you like no one else has seems your precious wolf has come back to protect you,” Vlad smirked even though he was on his knees seconds away from being decapitated The wolf scent was enough to get the upper hand and flip her over getting his neck free as he dove towards Paul.

“No! I will not let you harm him either!” she screamed unleashing everything she had cutting off all Vlad and Stephan’s senses but that didn’t seem to stop them neither did the screaming in their heads. They both raced towards Paul even though they had no direction. “Paul RUN!” she ordered desperately as she jumped on Stephane’s back allowing Vlad’s sight back for a few minutes so that he could watch her ruin his lover. She ripped Stephane’s head from his body with a majestic ease digging her fingers into his body and setting fire to him from the inside out before throwing him aside.

“I will kill your lover for that!” Vlad screamed sounding more animalistic than ever before. But losing one’s mate can cause that. The pain can make you stronger immune to anything around you. He charged at Paul grabbing him by the front leg and snapping his leg as he threw Paul against the tree she could hear his ribs cracking. Anger over came Kitten and all she could see was red. She charged forward ripping Vlad from the broken body of her lover and tossed him to the ground. She set her foot on his throat.

“You will be sorry you neared my lovers,” She promised as she leaned down digging her hand into his stomach and ripping out a good patch of his insides and setting fire to them forcing him to watch them burn. Then she looked him in the eye and set her hand on his head and then watched as he began to burn from the inside out. His eyes screaming the agony she was so desperate to hear as she allowed him to burn from the inside out. It wasn’t a power she used very often but when she was angry enough it came as second nature.

The sound of screaming slowly died down and soon there was nothing but ashes surrounding Kitten’s hands and feet. She stared dazed at the ashes before a whimper from Paul snapped her out of whatever it was she’d been feeling. She was unaware there were scratches dug into her skin. Though she was indestructible she was not unable to be harmed. The scratches would heal given a few days right now her concern was Paul. She stood slowly finding her knees felt a little like jelly. It had been awhile since she’d viciously torn apart a being. It was always a little unnerving.

“Kitten,” Paul called again and the hybrid carefully made her way over to the wounded Wolf and carefully picked him up digging around and finding his shorts she helped him slip those on before leaning him up against a tree. “Don’t heal me you are week, I will heal in a day from the looks of it you need to heal yourself,” He reached up and touched the scratches and what looked like blood was leaking from them.

“I’m fine,” She insisted as she set her hands on his ribs feeling just how crushed they were pleased to find that he wasn’t badly injured. His right arm was shattered in at least ten different places but Carlisle would have to set that. Kitten couldn’t heal that correctly without it needing to be re broken and set properly. “Let’s get you back to the house.” She helped him up onto his feet and began to lead him towards the house.

“You are a brave girl,” He murmured as he pressed a kiss to one of her wounds. She shook her head holding him up as she continued through the forest.

“I’m a monster Paul, you saw what I just did,” She shook her head feeling a little crazy after exerting herself so thoroughly on destroying beings that were at least somewhat like her. Paul stopped and stopped Kitten as well grabbing her waist with his good hand he shook his head leaning down and capturing her lips in a kiss.

“You are no such thing,” He didn’t want her to feel that way about herself. He loved her much too much for her to hurt that way. She simply shook her head and continued to lead him towards the house. She didn’t say another word the whole trip back to the house which was a little longer than normal due to Paul’s slight injuries. Kitten was glad Carlisle was waiting outside and she easily past Paul off to Carlisle waiting hands a stoic look on her face that no one could really identify. That was until Princess stepped out of the house Embry hot on her tail.

“Kitten!” She practically sobbed in relief and it was then that Kitten’s dam broke. Kitten fell to her knees as Princess rushed forward to her nearly tripping over Carlisle in a haste to get to her girlfriend. A small storm was begging to pick up in rage as the Cullen family and several other vampires gathered outside to see what was going on. What had been the commotion? Some of the vampires were more sympathetic than the others.

Kitten’s hands immediately went up gripping onto Princess’ hips as soon as she got close enough. Princess didn’t need her to speak she could see what had happened in Kitten’s mind. She could feel the blinding rage Kitten had felt in urgency to protect her. She agonized at the thoughts that continued to torture the hybrid at her feet. She slowly kneeled down next to her, her hands finding the elder girls shoulders.

“You killed two of our strongest allies!” Edward belted out everyone expected Princess or Kitten to be the one to retaliate against him but it was Paul who bowed up angrily even though he was injured as he looked at his devastated girlfriend.

“You shut your mouth Edward, or your death will come much sooner than you planned,” Paul threatened lowly knowing how much his girlfriend was currently hurting. Though he wasn’t sure exactly why she was hurting so bad. He just knew that this was a pain not even he could coax her through. She needed Princess for this and princess she would have.

“We could have talked them out of it!” Edward tried to speak up again but this time it was Emmett who grabbed and threw him against the ground. He was not about to allow his brother to disrespect either girl after they’d gone through so much just to help them and were now in obvious pain.

“Enough,” Princess voice was rough as she turned her head away from the visibly shaking Kitten. She looked towards Edward and then at Emmett then to Paul before looking back at Edward. “If they had come after Bella you would have destroyed them would you have not?” She looked at him her gaze never wavering. Edward looked up from his spot on the ground and then to his wife. “She did what she had to do, She will continue to do what she has to do. She is good weather she believes it or not. She is good,” The younger hybrid growled lowly towards Edward.

“Monster” Kitten mumbled barely above a whisper and Princess whipped back towards her shaking her head. She could feel a million thoughts rattling around in the wounded girls head. It was getting close to battle and having to kill Stephane and Vlad had made things all that much more dire to Kitten. She’d be going up against her own father and she was a monster for that. He had created her, he had raised her and she was going to be standing against him.

“No,” Princess’ voice was firm as she cupped Kitten’s face in her hands forcing the older girl to look her in the eye. “You are not a monster,” She leaned in pressing a gentle kiss to the hybrids lips. “You are good, so good Kitten,” Princess promised her own voice wavering at just how agonized her lover seemed to be. She could hear her thoughts clearly and they scared her. Kitten had seen Alice’s vision of the confrontation with Aro. Kitten knew what was to come and what danger Princess would be put in and it was getting to be too much for the hybrid.

The idea of Princess in danger lit a fire and a fight inside of Kitten that was dormant otherwise. It awakened the monster inside of her. A monster Kitten hated was a part of her, an evil being that could burn a vampire or human from the inside out without so much as a flick of her wrist. The parts of her that she never let out, unless Princess was endanger. She’d started to feel that way about Paul as well but what people didn’t seem to understand is Kitten could not SURIVIVE without princess. She would turn into dust. Though she had lived before Princess was made, her time would have been cut short had it not been for Princess’ creation. Princess was her one and only weakness.

A sound of agony ripped through Kitten’s body and fell on the ears of those standing around. They all suddenly felt the pain and anguish she was feeling though they didn’t understand why. They would all come to understand why such pain and agony filled the hybrid, but not tonight. Tonight they would all simply look on as Princes picked up the pained Hybrid and carried her into the house refusing to let anyone else follow as she took her into a private room and locked the door.