Status: Currently in the works.

Playing With Fire

Chapter Nine

Returning to the reservation Sam was waiting for her as she returned to Paul’s house. Kitten discovered all the wolves were waiting for her with the exception of Jacob of course. She looked over them and frowned some of them were so young and this thing, it could mean a fight to the death and she couldn’t stomach the idea of these wolves dyeing. It made her sick. She knew once Aro got wind of another hybrid he’d want to destroy it. It wasn’t allowed the unknown and that created a conflict for Kitten. She might one day have to stand against her father and that also made her stomach roll unpleasantly.

“We won’t fight,” Princess’s voice was firm. If she said there wouldn’t be a fight there would not be a fight. Sam looked at her shocked and appalled that she had agreed to not to fight this thing that could kill the wolves!

“It could destroy us!” Sam argued but Princess shook her head. “If you will not fight then you are not welcome on this land. We WILL fight,” Sam was fighting Princess command. Princess growled lowly not liking that Sam was defying her but if they wanted to fight fine. She wasn’t going to allow Embry or Paul to fight.

“Fine, You want to waste your time and energy and kill your selves and some of the younger wolves fine. Embry, Seth and Paul will not fight,” Sam couldn’t change what she’d just said. She hadn’t been using her powers beforehand but she was now.

“Seth, Paul, Embry you will sit this one out and I want you to get your leeches off the land,” Sam snapped, Princess and Kitten both whipped towards him looking confused. Because they wouldn’t fight he was angry with them. She growled lowly about to give another command but a hand on her arm stopped her.

“If that’s what you wish, to have the only two who can actually destroy this thing, be your enemy then so be it,” Kitten looked at Princess. ”separate the packs, as much as I hate the idea of the young ones dying right now those three are my main concern” Princess nodded.

“She can’t seriously do that can she?” Jared panicked know the pack was much weaker with out Jacob, Embry, and Paul on their side. Sam shook his head not believing that the vampire could do such a thing.

“Watch me,” She paused for a moment looking at Embry, Paul, and Seth. “Paul you are now the leader of a new pack, Embry and Seth will be under your command now,” her voice was thick with persuasion but as she focused Sam seemed to panic because it was clear that she had separated the ties.

“Paul!” Sam commanded and Paul didn’t even turn to look at him. “Paul I demand you get these leeches off my land,” He tried again but Paul ignored him simply looking at Princess and nodding taking a step forward Embry and Seth following. Leah looked up at them curious.

“Can I join? Please I’m sick of being the pathetic ex-girlfriend,” Princess shrugged adding Leah into the group looking at Sam and shaking her head.

“I hope you realized what you’ve done,” Princess added quietly. “by making us the enemy you have doomed your pack,” She shook her head “There is nothing I can do to change Kitten’s mind after you betray her the tie to the betrayal is much to strong for me to convince her other wise,” Princess reached out for Kitten’s hand only to find Kitten was already reaching out for her.

“Do not wait your breath on them,” Kitten instructed her younger lover looking at Paul, Embry, Seth and Leah. “Follow us. We must go let the Cullen’s know of the planned attack,”

“Anything,” Paul breathed quietly feeling a little over whelmed at being the leader but wanting nothing more than to do the right thing by his imprint and if that meant being separated than he would do whatever it took.

“Paul don’t you dare leave!” Sam instructed but it did nothing didn’t even phase the wolf as he stepped next to his vampire. He loved her and Princess had severed the ties. And though he didn’t like or trust the Cullen’s nor did he like Bella he trusted his imprint with his life and he wished Sam had as well because pushing her away was probably a death sentence. But at least select members were safe.

“good bye Sam, you will be sorry,” Kitten promised as nodded towards Paul who was thinking about phasing. “phase and head towards the Cullen’s. We need to warn them they are no longer safe.” Paul nodded and quickly the new pack phased and took off towards the Cullen’s as did the girls not even wasting a glance to look back and see just what was going on through Sam’s mind. They no longer cared. He was no longer their concern.

Arriving at the Cullen’s before their wolves they figured they should warn their friends that their wolves were coming. “Carlisle!” Princess called and it took merely a second for Carlisle to step out looking between the girls. “There is a new pack, they are on our side. Sam’s pack no longer is. Our pack is on the way do not be frightened,”

“Why has the pack been separated? Why is Sam no longer on our side?” Confused Esme and Jacob stepped out of the house just as Paul, Embry, Seth and Leah arrived.

“Sam saw Jacob’s thoughts, He doesn’t trust Kitten and I, that we will do the right thing when the time comes, there for he is planning an attack,” Princess explained.

“What the hell do you mean do the right thing?!” Jacob snarled ad both Paul and Embry’s wolf figures stepped even closer to Kitten and Princess. There was silence between the wolves but it was clear that was a line and Jacob was two inches from stepping on it.

“I already told you, we will do the right thing when the thing is born. If it is good it shall live, if it is evil I will have to destroy it and Edward for creating it. How many times do I need to say it, I do not enjoy this either!” Kitten growled lowly grabbing a fist full of Paul’s fur to steady her self. Edwards Jaw clenched knowing better than to fight with either girl placed in front of him.

“But didn’t you say that the baby was mostly good? Like Princess?” Esme questioned a fear scribbled all over her features. Kitten could feel the desperation oozing off of both Esme and Rose they wanted this to be like a human baby. Something they could raise and love and take care of. Something they never had in their life times but desired so whole heartedly.

“I did, but I didn’t say it would stay that way. It is a miracle Princess turned out as good and big hearted as she is. It’s very rare for a hybrid to have much more than a desire to destroy anything unlike them,” Kitten shook her head and grabbed Princess hand intertwining their fingers keeping her fingers tangle in Paul’s fur.

“There is a chance that the baby will have our protection, But we must know if it is pure before we give it any of that. For now we are here to protect the Cullen family and that means protecting Bella as well, Sam’s pack is small and for the most part untrained. We can easily hold them off so hunting can happen and so that Bella is not killed before the baby kills her,” Princess finished looking at the Cullen’s.

Princess always did get along best with Rose and Emmett and she loved Jasper and Alice but this baby really threw a wrench into things. She couldn’t allow it to live if it was like the other hybrids that had been created in the past. It would try and destroy everything in it’s path. It wasn’t safe. Though she hated the idea of causing all that agony onto the Cullen Family. Bree stood next to Rose holding her hand and looking unsure.

“Let us go inside, Paul, Embry, Seth, and Leah will stand watch Jacob I suggest you join them,” Kitten hummed “Let us go inside yes?” Princess nodded pressing a soft kiss to Embry’s fur mirroring Kitten’s actions on Paul. The Cullen’s were their friends even if what they were doing was against the rules. It didn’t matter. Kitten would protect the Cullen clan with her life, all but Edward of corse.

“They aren’t going to hurt me are they?” Bree asked not having to much contact with Princess or Kitten only knowing that Princess had arrived when Bree had initially been found.

“No darling, you are like us, They won’t hurt you,” Rose reassured the young vampire. She looked like she was maybe 13 when she’d been turned so it would be harder to keep her a secret they’d have to keep her out of school. And so far it looked like she was being taken well care of.

“I have no desire to hurt you,” Kitten assured the girl frowning when they got inside and she saw Bella laying on the couch. “She doesn’t have much longer to live,” She warned those around her. She knew how dangerous this could be and she hated to see Bella ripped apart by a demon baby but this was the way the Cullen’s wanted it.

“Has any one tried feeding Bella Human blood? Or blood at all? Whatever this is it’s part Vampire it’s going to want Blood,” Princess looked towards Carlisle who looked like he’d just had an idea. Like no one had thought of feeding a half vampire child blood. Sometimes she wasn’t sure this family thought about anything thoroughly. “it will at least give her a few more days to live, I can’t promise she’ll survive this,” Princess found her self pitying Bella.

It was a strange notion. She’d hated Bella and Edward up to this point and she wasn’t all that fond of Jacob. Though as she watched Bella fight for her life and the life of whatever it was growing inside her, the more she seemed to like the girl. It was conflicting for Princess. She wanted to hate the human for putting her in the position of destroying another being that was like her. But she couldn’t find it in herself to hate Bella for this. Bella was fighting for this baby and her life and something about that amazed Princess.

The fact that Bella was just so willing to give up her life for something that could possibly be worse than a new born vampire astonished Kitten as well. She found her self watching the female with pity. But she wouldn’t allow something to be born that would pose a risk to the world or her wolves and if that meant destroying whatever it was born after Bella died. She would do it. Though, she found herself not particularly fond of the idea of Bella dying. It was puzzling. She’d hated Bella up to this point so why did she suddenly feel badly about Bella dying from whatever this was inside of her.

Everyone watched as Bella sucked down the first cup of blood she’d ever tasted in her life only to watch the color return to her face and an ease be placed across her sickly face. It was nice to know that Princess was doing something to save this girls life. She didn’t think Carlisle would be able to turn her in time though and it made her sad. She reached out looking for permission before pressing her hands against Bella’s stomach and feeling the unborn baby inside her.

“She likes you,” Bella mumbled around the straw looking at Princess hesitantly. Princess smiled an award winning smile rubbing her belly gently.

“Everyone Likes Princess, everything good that is,” Kitten glared at both Jacob and Edward who weren’t fond of Princess making a point to say that it was only the good that liked Princess. If you didn’t like princess there was something evil about you she was sure.

“She’s a very happy baby,” Princess smiled as she continued to touch Bella’s baby. “I admire your fight Bella, I will be sad when you are gone. I think you would have made an amazing vampire,” Princess sighed standing up and moving to hug Rose.

“Edward you should probably take Bree on a walk before she attacks Bella,” Kitten mentioned feeling some one seething behind her back for the blood Bella was taking into her system ad logic told her it was the newest vegetarian vampire.

“Oh yes!” Esme jumped up quickly grabbing Bree’s arm. “let’s go meet the wolves honey, it’s much safer out there,” Esme nodded towards Carlisle who quickly helped her and the youngest vampire out of the room so that nothing like what happened on Bella’s birthday would happen again.

Kitten still wasn’t sure she understood this family’s connection to Bella but she was finding herself drawn to the woman as well. The harder she fought for whatever it was growing inside her the more Kitten understood. Princess as well, the only question was now would this all be for nothing?