Status: Hi friends! So, I’m starting this fic and, I’ve only ever written oneshots before ?? So, sorry the chapters are a little short right now, they’ll get better! Uh, I hope you enjoy <3

Under a Paper Moon

Chapter 7

It was a week later when Mrs. Tanski decided to start her own versions of detention. Both boys were sitting in her classroom, dressed in their gym clothes. Both clad in basketball shorts, Jack wearing a Ravens shirt, and Alex wearing a Steelers.

"Dude, how can you wear that? Wait, forget that, why are we in our gym clothes?" Jack asked, lifting his shirt up to his nose. "My shirt reeks."
"Yeah, that's what happens to your clothes after you sweat in them for weeks on end and don't clean then." Alex muttered, picking at his shorts. He still didn't know if the kid liked him, Alex was pretty cold towards him.
"Ah! But you're avoiding the real question here, Gaskarth. Why are you wearing a Steelers shirt in a Ravens city? We live in Baltimore, not Pittsburgh." Jack shook his head with disapproval.
"Dude, I still love the Ravens with all my heart, it's just I saw you walking up the hall in your shirt and I had to run back to the locker room and change." Alex explained, still not lifting his head to meet Jack's eyes. Jack just made a noise of confusion. "We would've been like twinning it, and I don't do that shit, man."
Jack snorted with laughter, "Seriously, bro? Wow."

Mrs. Tanski walked in on the pair, one with a blushing face, and one doubled over with laughter.
"Okay boys, you may be wondering why you're in gym clothes." Both boys nodded, turning to look at their teacher. "The school doesn't have extra janitorial clothes, so you have to wear clothes that are already dirty." The boys looked at her with confusion, Jack's head cocked to the side. "I'll explain to you once we get to the college room." Mrs. Tanski turned on her heel and walked out the door, motioning for the boys to follow.
"If we have to clean the college room, I'm just gonna piss on the desk." Jack muttered, walking past a snickering Alex.
You see the college room is, well, the only classroom in their high school that was designed like a college classroom. There are 12 rows of long desks, separated down the middle is steps to go all the way to the back, at the front are two large white boards and a Promethean board.

The boys walked in after Mrs. Tanski and rolled their eyes upon seeing cleaning supplies on the main desk.
"Alright, as you can see, you will be cleaning these desks today. Tomorrow you'll be cleaning the TAP room desks, and so on." Mrs. Tanski explained, handing each boy a bucket of cleaning supplies.
"We only have to clean the desks? Not like the board or windows or?" Alex asked, rifling through the bucket.
"Yes, only the desks. You only vandalized a desk, eye for an eye. Alex you get the left, Jack you do the right." Their teacher explained, earning a nod from both boys. "Okay, I have other students that have block fives that I need to take care of. You're both fairly good boys, so I'll leave you alone. If I come back at 3:30 and these desks aren't clean, or you're not here, you will have a teacher supervising you for the rest of the week, understand?" The boys nodded again, and she turned and left the room.

Alex started on the first row, spraying it down.
"Are you seriously doing this?" Jack asked, laying down on his stomach on the first row, facing Alex.
Alex rolled his eyes at Jack and nodded. "We have to get this done if we want to get off easy."
"Oh, I always get off easy. Maybe I can show you sometime." Jack nodded, barely containing his laughter at Alex's face.
"Shut up." Alex mumbled, scrubbing particularity hard at a spot on the desk.
"We have like, two hours to do this. Why start now? We can really start at like 2:30." Jack mused.
"If we start now, we'll finish with like an hour to spare. Imagine what we could do in an hour, Jacky boy." Alex smirked, moving on to his second row.
"Woah, where did Mr. Gaskarth get all this confidence from?" Jack chuckled, sitting up and reaching for his bucket.
"Hm, let's make a bet." Alex said, changing the subject completely.
"I like bets, what are the stakes?" Jack jumped off the desk to walk over to Alex.
"Whoever cleans their desks first, the whole week we'll keep score, and whoever wins by the end of the week gets to do whatever they want to the other person, yeah?" Alex smugly said.
"You're on Gaskank." Jack winked, turning around and spitting on Alex's first desk.
"Hey, you can't do that asshole!" Alex whined, walking back to the desk.
"Oh, I so can."
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, maybe these chapters won't get longer..