Status: Updated every Friday.

Vita Mortem

Death in Divinations

Ravan let out a groan as they walked out of Potions, “History of Magic and then Potions with Snape, all on a Monday morning. First of all, who even cares about the Giant Wars?” Ravan let out a snort, “I certainly don’t!” She exclaimed.

“Hey, I’ll have you know that the Giant Wars set the precedent for how the Ministry of Magic treated magical creatures that are able to think for themselves in the future. It’s extremely important to magical creatures such as Centaurs, merpeople and other races,” Scarlet exclaimed, pulling Ravan to a stop in the middle of the hallway.

“What a dork,” Ravan muttered in an undertone before laughing, “I have Divination now,” Ravan stated, checking her timetable.

“How is Divination important? I mean, Trelawney makes it seem like such a joke,” Scarlet asked, shocked her friend would take such a subject.

“Professor Trelawney is a great teacher,” Ravan informed.

“I didn’t say she wasn’t! I mean, you just always used to make fun of her, and now you’re taking her subject again?” Scarlet shook her head at her friend, before grinning up at her. “I’m proud of you, you’re taking on new experiences and knowledge! Come here!” she yelled, moving in for a hug.

“It’s a trap! Stay away from me!” Ravan yelled, quickly turning and running off. “I know you’re just happy to have another reason to study with me,” she cried out, turning a corner and disappearing from her friend’s line of sight, towards her class.

Image


Ravan sat in the small classroom next to Lee Jordan, listening to Professor Trelawney talk about dreams.

“Dreams. The inner reflection of what your subconscious sees coming and what it wants. Interpreting dreams is complex, takes a lot of time, and by no means is for the weak-hearted,” Trelawney uttered, staring at them owlishly from behind her thick spectacles, “I want you to pair up with who you are sitting with, and tell them about your dreams.”

Ravan turned to Lee and stared at him, wondering what she was going to do. Ravan didn’t exactly have normal dreams. From what she’d heard from Scarlet, people dreamed about either past experiences or nonsensical occurrences. Her dreams were a little darker than most, what other people saw as nightmares.

“Hey, stranger, going to tell me your dreams, or are we going to fail this class together?” Lee asked, waving a hand in front of Ravan’s face.

“Huh, oh, sorry, yeah, of course!” Ravan stuttered, broken out of her train of thought. “I dream about being the keeper of the Gryffindor Quidditch team!” Ravan exclaimed, uttering aloud the first thing she thought of.

“Really? That’s very specific for a dream,” he laughed, “I myself dream about the Giant Squid in the Lake eating us all.”

“What a strange dream,” Ravan pondered, “I wonder what that can be interpreted as. Maybe a giant evil overtaking the castle?”

“I really hope not,” Lee said, offering his hand out, “I’m Lee Jordan by the way. Official Quidditch commentator for Hogwarts.”

“Ravan, hottest thing in Hogwarts since the last Incendio incident,” Ravan smirked, taking his hand and shaking it.

Their friendly conversation was interrupted by Professor Trelawney sauntering over. “My dears, have you discussed what it is you dream of?”

Ravan looked up at her, smiling as she said “Yes Professor, Lee’s dreams indicate a great evil overtaking the castle.”

Trelawney gasped, taking Ravan’s hand in support so that the girl would not be scared, when a great horror overtook her and she screamed in terror. Trelawney released the girl’s hand to shakingly point at her, whispering “I see Death.”
♠ ♠ ♠
And Friday's update has been done!

This update has been bought to you by Jordy!

Thanks for reading! :D