Status: A remade version of a story I had written on Quizilla years ago.

The Avenger's Demon

Coming Home

How long had I been walking? Several days possibly. “This is becoming exhausting. Konoha shouldn’t be that far” I sighed, aggravated of the journey. Nothing but trees beyond trees and a dirt road in sight. There was no end to this and I was about to just give up and possibly take a nap though something had caused me to stop. A smell, a human’s scent. “Well, well. I wonder who it might be” I tiredly questioned. I took a right into a clearing with some scratched up trees and a boy lay motionless in the middle of the clearing.

He had raven hair, a dark blue shirt and cream shorts. Carefully, I walked towards him, pushing him gently onto his back to see a leaf village head band strapped to his forehead.
“Ah, so I am close. But why are you way out here?” Curiosity took over as I gazed around my surroundings.

The scratch marks were made by a kunai while a few were embedded within some of the trees. My dark blue gaze found its way toward the boy again. His body covered in sweat but he slept peacefully. “You take the motto ‘train till you drop’ a little too seriously kid” I chuckled softly, draping him over my shoulder and walking towards the direction I once was going.

If this boy was here then I must not be far. Finally the great walls of the village came into view as I peered towards the guards that now stood at attention, staring down at me but then their eyes had lingered to the boy.

“I found one of your young ninjas hurt. My name is Sithena Drake. I have traveled far to speak with your Hokage”. The guards were uncertain at first until I had added in, “The boy needs medical attention”. The gates were open and I was allowed in, only to have a silver haired Jounin standing there waiting for us to enter. As I did, I carefully handed him the boy and I could see a smile under his mask which covered everything but one eye. His head band had covered the other one.

“Thank you for bringing him back. I was starting to worry where he had ran off to” The man spoke with kindness.

I bowed my head in respect and only gave a small smile which only looked like a smirk, “A genin shouldn’t be wondering outside the village walls. Nasty things like to crawl around at night out there lately”.

His eye only gave off a slight shock but it quickly vanished. He gestured for me to follow him as we went through introductions. “My name is Kakashi Hataka, I am the boy’s sensei” His eyes kept forward.

“My name is Sithena Drake” I stated as if it was no big deal. This is when Kakashi abruptly stopped, giving me a frightened look. A small smile graced my lips, “So you’ve heard of my clan?” “Yes, they were known to have died off around six years ago before…” he trailed off, gazing down at the young boy.

“Before the Uchiha clan was also massacred, only a little under two years after my clan was killed off. I know who that boy is. He’s one of the main reasons why I’m here” I spoke, turning to Kakashi fully with a bored look. I couldn’t say I was cold but I was careful not to show any emotions when it came to those I didn’t know which was almost everyone here.

“I’ll take him home then we will meet with the Hokage” he indicated before disappearing into wind. I pushed forward to the great building up ahead, I knew this village very well from the inside. Even if I was only a child when I was here.