Status: Writing!

The Parting Glass

Chapter 2

Sorry for the shortness but this is just a little chapter to start the relationship before I really dig into the movie.
The Parting Glass
Chapter 2

Edith Clarke POV

I walked off the stage as Stark started his showing of the new cars. I smiled to myself remembering a soldier who stared at me during the whole song. Butterflies flew around my stomach as a blush spread across my cheek. I changed my clothes quickly into uniform and slid my hat into place before I walked off from back stage to go and see the rest of the fair. I walked around smiling at the many people who laughed and played.

“Excuse me miss?” I heard from behind me. I turned seeing the soldier from before he smiled as I looked at him curiously.

“How may I help you, soldier?” I asked smiling at him.

“Well there was this woman who made me completely speechless as she sang on stage and I was wondering if she would like to spend the rest of my last day with me,” he said smirking.

“A little cocky there soldier but I don’t even know your name,” I said stepping closer to him.

“James Buchanan Barnes, but everyone calls me Bucky.”

“Well Bucky, I’m Edith Clarke but you can call me Edi, and it would be an honor to spend the rest of the day with you,” I said before we linked arms and walked towards the rides together. We rode rides for several hours before we went to a bar to enjoy a drink and a meal.

“So what part of the military are you in?” Bucky asked as we sat down at a table.

“I’m an Agent, we work on the top secret stuff the best of the best,” I smiled.

“Where do I sign up?” He asked with a laugh.

“It’s not that easy you have to be chosen. I’m not a normal human being, I have perfect aim, I’m stronger, faster, and smarter than most and my bones are indestructible,” I explained sipping on my beer.

“How?”

“I’ve been told that 200 years ago I was part of an experiment that made me who I am,” I said as his eyes widened.

“200 years ago?! Who are you that old you look 23,” Bucky said confused.

“All part of the experiment I don’t age like normal people,” I explained.

“Well aren’t you special,” he joked.

“Currently we are working on another project it’s called the super soldier,” I told him before taking a bite of my sandwich.

“And how do you get in on that program?” Bucky asked curiously.

“Well they have only been pulling guys who are already strong and good soldiers but they have bad attitudes about a lot of things the doc, Peggy and I agree that we need someone who isn’t already perfect, we need someone who is true to themselves and not some stupid jock brained soldier already,” I explained pushing my finished plate to the side. I looked down at my watch shocked at the time. “Oh crap, I have to go, um Bucky would you like to walk me to my home, I have to get up early tomorrow to head to the training camp,” I said quickly.

“I’ll walk you home,” Bucky smiled leaving the money on the table.

“I don’t live to far from here,” I said as we started walking towards my house. We arrived outside my house and I stopped turning to him. “I had a lot of fun Bucky; it was nice getting to know you,” I smiled up at him.

“What if I want to see you again?” Bucky asked pushing my hair out of my face.

“Look for me on the battle fields I’ll either be Agent Clarke or Hummingbird,” I told him.

“Hummingbird?” He asked confused.

“You’ll see, maybe,” I laughed.

“Well, until next time Hummingbird,” Bucky whispered as he leaned down pressing his lips against mine. We pulled apart Bucky walking away from my door as I stepped inside closing it behind me. I pulled my hand up to my lips touching them and smiled before going to bed.