Status: Active

Beautiful Disasters

Never Leave A Trace

I sat there staring at him for what felt like hours but in reality was probably a few minutes, I decided that it was late enough to head home and I really didn’t want to see Louis. I quickly told the girls it was getting late and I needed to get home since I had to work early in the morning. I grabbed my bag after quickly hugging them all, I made it back to my flat surprisingly quickly and without any issues. I dodged a bullet there, sadly probably literally. Louis was dangerous and I don’t want to be anywhere near him.

I curled up on my couch, book in my hand and the TV playing re-runs of The Vampire Diaries. I was attempting to read The Fountain Head, and when I say attempting I mean just that. I had been trying to read the stupid book for almost three months. It was such a complex book it took time to digest and sadly my mind kept running back to Louis. I felt like he was just like my book, hard to digest. My eyes started to get heavy and I made myself more comfortable pushing further into the comfort of my blanket and the couch.

I could feel someone’s fingers running through my hair. I slowly peeled my eyes open only to be met by crystal blue eyes. Louis was hovering over above me, he was bent down in front of me.

“Hello love, you’ve been avoiding me lately” he said.

I was scared but I was also still sleepy, so I just nodded my head. It was better to just be honest. I was curled into a ball, I felt so small when I looked at him. He had more stubble than he did the last time I saw him and I had to admit it suited him and there were bags under his eyes like he hadn’t gotten much sleep. His knuckles were cracked and slightly torn probably from doing something despicable.

“Why are you here Mr. Tomlinson?” I finally croaked out, sleep lacing my voice.

“So we are back to last names now, and can’t I come see my girl?” he asked with a smirk.

I just raised my eyebrows at him, I was much too tired for this. Then I felt the strangest sensation. I felt the slightest touch on my lips, his lips were cold and soft and welcoming. He tasted like mint and his smell overwhelmed my senses.

I felt something, a flutter in my heart and that gnawing in my stomach. And then as quickly as it began, it was gone. Louis pushed some hair behind my ear and smile almost adoringly down at me. I didn’t understand why I wasn’t pushing him away, why I didn’t scream with him being in my presence. It was odd but for the first time in weeks I actually felt safe.

“So are you team Damon or Stephen?” Louis asked pointing towards the tv.

I felt like my mouth was hanging open, probably because in my mind it was. Of all the questions he could ask that is what he decided on and in a way I was very happy about that.

“Honestly I don’t care for either, I’m a Caroline and Clause shipper” I replied easily.

I was still very tired, and I could feel myself slowly slipping away even though I didn’t want to. I felt his arms slip around me and I knew he had picked me up but I was far too tired to protest, I however heard the words he uttered as he lightly kissed my forehead.

“Ironic that you would pick that couple, seeing as you are in a similar situation. I’m going to open your eyes little one to what is really out there.”

I woke up the next morning thankfully alone but I couldn’t stop my fingers from running over my lips. I lazily looked around the room and it was empty no signs of Louis. I was actually quite thankful because I don’t know why I let him kiss me and it would eat at me till I figured it out.

That first day was the worst. I sat around all day not doing homework, wondering if Louis would pop up out of nowhere but he never did. The second day I finally called Moni. I was glad I did because she thought I was mad at her. I decided that none of this was in any way Moni’s fault and I was being stupid to avoid her just because I didn’t care for some of the company she kept. The third and fourth day I worked and by the end of that week my mind still wasn’t at ease.

A month passed and nothing from Louis. I slightly wondered if it was the kiss or if he was just playing mind games with me because he knew how to fuck with people. Maybe he finally did get bored with me. I went out with Moni and went to class and Christmas was almost here so work was starting to get crazy busy with people out shopping for the holidays.

“So are you going home for the holidays?” Moni asked.

I just stared at her.

“Oh right your parents are dicks”

I just stared at her again with a pointed look.

“Hey I’m not smart like you, and you know it is true. Who disowns their daughter basically because she doesn’t fit her sisters perfect slipper?” She asked.

“You are smart don’t play that card with me, but you are right. I talked to them yesterday and my mom basically told me I wasn’t really welcome and that I probably couldn’t afford the trip home anyways so why bother even trying.”

The conversation with my mom had been horrible. It hurts when you realize your parents really don’t love you at all. I was really depressed that I wasn’t even invited home, I really missed Texas in some ways and I missed home a bit. My sister constantly posted pictures on Facebook and it hurt that my family was so happy without me but maybe that’s just how the cookie crumbles.

“Sorry I really shouldn’t bring up your family but you know if you ever want to go home and can’t afford it I will totally give you the money” Moni said with a smile.

“You know I would never take it, I’m not friends with you for what you have. I’m friends with you because you listen to my problems and you’re a genuinely good person underneath all your attitude” I replied sending her a saucy little wink.

By the time December twenty first rolled around it had been two whole months without a sign from Louis. I guess he really was just done with me, he fucked with my head a bit and got bored that is all I could surmise. December twenty fourth, I was of course curled up in my comfy pjs watching a romantic, sappy movie and still attempting to read The Falcon Head. It was nearing ten o’clock when I heard my door open, I thought it was possibly Moni. She told me she had a party to go to and of course invited me but I declined and she told me she would stop by after it was over if she was still sober. However I was wrong.

I didn’t hear any movement so I was a little worried. I quickly got up and grabbed the bat that was underneath my couch and crept towards the door. No one was there but it was wide open, I was pretty sure I locked it and the hairs on the back of my neck where on edge. I didn’t know what to do, maybe I forgot to lock the door and it blew open, it is a possibility. I felt the presence but couldn’t see them and a cloth was put in front of my nose and mouth and I had no chance to stop myself from breathing in. I felt the effects almost immediately, they weren’t pleasant, it felt like being drunk intensified and with a feeling of blacking out like your suffocating or having a panic attack at the same time. I saw grey eyes as I passed out into my assailants arms and then slammed down on my walkway floor.

I woke up feeling nausea and confusion. I quickly sat up but that made it worse, did I drink last night? What time is it? So many questions where in my head but the more important one, where am I? It started to come back suddenly, the door being open and the rag. I felt horrible, the dose of chloroform was probably too much for my body to handle, I felt like I was on fire. My clothes were stuck to my body like they were a second skin.

“Hey” I heard Louis mumble as he walked into the room.

I started to squirm backwards towards the headboard confused and hurt that it was him who did this to me.

“Calm down princess it wasn’t me who did this” he said calmly reaching out a hand towards me and I flinched still wary of him but he only smiled at me a strained one that didn’t reach his eyes. “You see I was coming to see you tonight, I’ve been caught up in some business lately but when I arrived to your house I found you unconscious and shaking on the floor of your flat. I need you to tell me what happened okay?”

I slowly nodded my head but my mouth felt like cotton was stuck in it. I choked a little just trying to get a word out and he seemed to notice as a tear slipped from my eye unwillingly. He reached up and wiped it away before handing me a cup of water I hadn’t noticed until now. I slowly drank and the burning in my throat seemed to slowly ebb away. I quietly told him everything I remembered which wasn’t much but I do remember those grey eyes that were slowly burning into mine as I was met with blackness. I knew those eyes would be haunting my dreams for a while.

“The dose he gave you of chloroform was high so I want you to rest, I’ll be downstairs if you need me and don’t worry I’ll get who did this because everyone knows I don’t like others touching my things”

His words wrung in my head long after he left, there was something very menacing about it. I mean Louis is beyond dangerous but I really didn’t know the full extent of his power even though I had a good idea. I mean they do say he runs all of London, and that’s a pretty prestigious title. I know for a fact he owns the police and I know that he is not someone you cross lightly. I finally fell into a deep sleep but instead of grey eyes all I could see where menacing blue and I felt those cool lips graze my forehead before arms wrapped around my body protectively.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I know I am horrible, I haven't updated in forever but I have been terribly sick I even spent a few days in the hospital but I'm better now and hopefully I will be able to update more regularly! So what did you guys think? Did you see this coming? Do you like how Louis showed sympathy to her? Do you think he actually likes her or is he playing a game? How about Faye do you feel anything towards her character? What about her parent? Give me any kind of feedback you have. And to be honest I was also a little sad about a few comments I received last chapter, I in no way think that idolizing abuse is right and I want everyone who reads this understand that this story is in no way meant to be taken that way and I hope you aren't offended by what you read.