You're My Injustice

Chapter 11

I woke up the next morning around seven-thirty, getting my daily morning phone call from my youngest brother and my mother. I decided to tell Mom that I was going out on a date with Joe today and of course she got excited about it, I think more excited than I was…not saying that I’m not excited, cause I am. Mom and I phone conversation ended about forty-five minutes later and it was then I finally got up from my bed. I put my glasses on and left my bedroom of the suite so I could make myself a cup of hot tea. I saw that Tenille (Emma) was already awake and was drinking her cup of tea as she was on her laptop surfing the internet.

“Morning Blasian.” She greeted.

“Morning to you too, Aussie.” I greeted her back with a smirk as I grabbed a coffee mug from the cabinet. “What are you doing up this early?” I asked as I poured the hot water into my mug with the tea bag already in it before joining her on the couch.

“No reason, I went to bed pretty early last night right after your match, so it made me wake up early.” She said and I nodded. “By the way, congrats on your win last night, you feisty little thing.”

I laughed, making me snort for a second. “I told everyone that I was going to let loose. But thank you though,” I smiled and she nodded.

There was a knock on our hotel door making Tenille and I look at each other because we didn’t know who could be at the door. I sat down my mug and got up from the sofa to walk to the door. I check the peep hole to see who it was and smiled when I saw my “All Red Everything” friend. I unlatched the door and opened it to fully reveal Eva Marie standing outside.

“Hey girlfriend, come on in” I said and moved out of the way to let her in. She smiled and walked into our room and I followed behind her. Tenille looked up and smiled once she saw Eva walking towards the couch.

“Hey girl, what brings you over?” Tenille asked as I offered Eva a cup of tea which she accepted.

“Just wanted to see what you two were doing today besides going to Raw tonight.” She said and I handed her cup of tea as I sat down beside her.

“I had nothing really planned besides that,” Tenille said and they both looked at me.

“What about you, Jamari?” Eva asked.

“Well I was thinking about going to the gym before my date with Joe…” I said but they gasped.

“You have a date with Joe as in Joe Anoa’i? Roman Reigns, Joe?” Eva asked and I nodded, making her and Tenille both squeal.

“Since when did this happened?” Tenille asked.

“He asked me back on Monday, but he asked me again last night after my match.” I told them and then took a sip of my tea.

“AWWE!!! He really likes you, but then again I already knew that he did because you are the only female that’s on the roster that he talks to.” Eva smirked.

“What happened to not trying to date and only focus on your career?” Tenille asked.

I shrugged and bit my bottom lip. “I don’t know to be honest. I mean I’m still focus on my career and he gets that because he’s the same.” I said softly and they both nodded.

“Do you like him though? I mean, I’ve seen you spend time with him and I can see that you enjoy being with him.” Eva asked.

I looked down but looked back up at her, “I do like him. Although I thought he was a jackass when I first met him, he has been nothing but a sweet guy and a great guy.” I smiled softly and played with my fingers nervously, “But I’m just scared to get hurt again, like my last relationship. I don’t think he will do anything to hurt me, but I’m just afraid to let my guard down.” I said looking back down.

“To be honest, I think he has good intentions when it comes to you. Give him a chance, because I think you guys are will complete each other.” Tenille said and Eva agreed. I nodded and gave them a small smile. I thanked them for them talking to me, because I really needed this.

“So now that this mushy conversation is over, want to go to the gym? They have a practice ring so that we can train,” Eva asked and I nodded with a smile.

“Sure, care to join us Tenille?” I asked and she also agreed, “Cool. Just let me go change and then we can head out. We’ll take my car.” I said and headed back to the bedroom to get ready for the gym.

*~*~*~*~*~*


Tenille, Eva, and I have been at the gym for over two hours now at the practice ring that they had. Tenille and I were teaching Eva variations of submission maneuvers and how to reverse them as well showing some clothlines and DDTs. She was learning pretty fast and had even come up with her own moves. Tenille and Eva continued practicing, while I had gotten out of the ring to take a water break. I picked up my phone that was laying on top of my bag to see that I had a text message from Joe.

From Joe:

Morning baby girl. I thought we could have an afternoon date, so dress comfortably and make sure you bring a light jacket because pretty windy today. I’ll come get you from your room at 12:30. See you until then sweetheart.


I quickly replied to him thanking for the heads up and saying that I’ll be ready by the time he gets me, before looking at the time seeing that I had almost two hours before Joe would come pick me up. I know I needed at least an hour and a half to get myself ready. I put my phone back down before climbing in the ring, seeing that Eva and Tenille were taking a breather. I handed them both their water bottles to them before smiling at Eva.

“You did great today, girl” I said and gave her a high-five.

“Yeah Eva. If we keep practicing like this more often, you will be one of the top Divas in no time.” Tenille complimented.

“Thanks you two. I am already feeling stronger and better now than before.” She smiled and hugged us both, which we both returned the embrace.

“Let’s call it a day shall we? We all worked hard just now.” I smiled and they agreed. We got out of the ring and grabbed our bags as we headed out of the gym to my car.

“So did Joe give a set time for your date, yet?” Eva asked leaned towards the front where Tenille and I were sitting.

“Yeah he texted me not too long ago saying that he was going to pick me up at 12:30.” I said with a light shrug.

“Did he tell you where he was taking you out to?” Tenille asked and I gave another shrug.

“No. All I know is that I have to dress comfortable, meaning something that I normally wear.” I said and they nodded, but smiled.

We made it back to the hotel from the gym in less than fifteen minutes which gave enough time to get myself ready. Eva and Tenille decided to stay in the room with me, while I get dress so they could approve what I choose to wear and what not. As soon as I got into the hotel room, I took a shower to get sweat off my body and to wash my hair. I was done with my shower in fifteen minutes and at least put my bra and panties on. I went back to the bathroom to blow dry my hair and then curled it into loose curls. I walked back to the bedroom and saw that Eva and Tenille had picked out an outfit for me which was cute, comfortable, and definitely perfect for me. My outfit consisted of a white tank with silver stripes across it, black shorts, and a black cardigan. They even picked my gray pair of vans to go with the outfit. I quickly changed into the clothes and looked at myself in the mirror, smiling how perfect the outfit looked good on me. I couldn’t believe I never thought to wear these clothes articles together like this. I pulled out my makeup back from my suitcase and went to look at myself in the mirror to see what eye makeup style I should do. I decided that I would do a smokey eye look, but way less dramatic and with lighter colors. Once I had applied my makeup, I change my septum ring and my plugs with new ones that I had bought a couple days ago when I was at home. I sprayed myself with my favorite perfume and then looked at myself in the mirror one more time before walking out to where Tenille and Eva were, watching TV.

“So how do I look?” I asked them and they both looked at me and gasped.

“You look super sexy, girl. Joe isn’t going to be able to keep his eyes off you,” Tenille smirked and I laughed.

“Yeah girl, you look absolutely stunning. I didn’t know you had your septum pierced or stretched your ears.” Eva said as she noticed my plugs and my septum ring (which was really small).

“Oh yeah I had these for a while. I don’t wear my septum ring during matches and my hair usually covers my ears.” I said with a smile and she nodded. “So this looks good? I don’t look over dressed and my makeup is fine right?” I asked as I grabbed my purse putting my phone, wallet, keys, sunglasses, and my regular glasses in just in case my contacts start to bother me.

“Girl you look great, quit worrying. Joe is going to love it.” Tenille said and then stopped when there was knock on the door. “That must be him.” She smirked and I rolled my eyes jokingly.

I walked over to the door and unlatch it before opening it to reveal Joe standing there casually. He was wearing jeans, a grey V-neck shirt, black and gray Nike Air Jordan 1, and sunglasses on top of his head. His hair was brushed back neatly into a low bun and I noticed that he had shaved his beard to his normal style and I could smell the cologne that he was wearing. He looked at me, eying me up and down and smiled.

“Hey Jamari, you look beautiful” He complimented and I blushed.

“Thank you, you look quite handsome as well” I said and he laughed.

“Ready to go, baby girl?” Joe asked and I nodded and then look back to Eva and Tenille who just gave me smirks.

“I’ll catch you girls later.” I said and they nodded.

“Have fun girly!” Eva said and winked at me. I rolled my eyes playfully as I grabbed my purse and Joe laughed lightly as we left the room.

Joe and I took the elevator to the lobby and then I followed him out to his rental car that was parked in the lot. He opened the passenger door for me and I smiled. I thanked him and got inside the little SUV. He closed the door and climbed into the driver’s seat, starting the car. He looked at me and leaned in to kiss my cheek, before driving off. A fifteen minute drive later, Joe pulled into a parking lot in front of a Japanese restaurant called “Sushi Tei” and cut off the engine. He looked at me and smiled softly.
“Since it’s still pretty early in the afternoon, I figured we could get some lunch here. This place has one of the best sushi’s I have ever eaten, so I figured you might like it here too.” Joe said and I nodded with a smile.

“I love any good sushi. I’m up for it” I said and he laughed before kissing my cheek again.

“Let’s go inside then, shall we?” He said and I nodded.

We both got out of the SUV and walked over to the door of the restaurant. However, Joe grabbed my hand and entwined our fingers together. Joe talked to the host about getting a table for two in a secluded area as I looked down at our hands and then back him. He smirked, knowing that I was looking at him and I blushed slightly. He chuckled lightly and leaned to kiss my cheek once again. The host returned and picked up two menus then told us to follow him, which we proceeded to do.

Once we arrived to our table, Joe and I sat down and our waiter came about a minute later to take our beverage and food order. We ordered Spider Rolls, Hurricane Rolls, Eel Rolls, and Spicy Tuna rolls along with steamed rice and spring rolls and for our drinks, Joe ordered a coke and I ordered a sweet tea. After our waiter took our order, Joe and I chatted about anything that came to mind. We talked about little incidents that happened in our childhood that we thought are hilarious now. Like he told me about how he used to wrestle his older brother and cousins when they were younger and how it was painful. I told him about the time when my brother and I had played wrestled and how it went wrong which he had to be taken to the hospital to get staples on his head. We even talked about cultures, well I talked about my Korean side more so than my Black American side and he described his Samoan culture to me. He spoke in the Samoan language which I thought was pretty attractive to be honest. I did the same and spoke the Korean language and wrote my name in the written Korean Hangeul form. Now he insist that I should call him “Oppa” which is an endearing term for a Korean girl to say to her loved one whether it’s a lover or relative. Overall we had a great time talking and eating our very delicious lunch. We even went as far as feeding each other sushi like couples do, but of course we were having fun doing it especially when we would purposely miss each other’s mouth.

After Joe paid the bill for our meals, we headed back to the SUV hand in hand this time. I was getting used to Joe’s little gestures and it was sweet to be honest. He opened my door for me again and I thanked him before walked over to the driver’s side. He started the car, but then looked at me.

“That was destination one and now it’s time to head over to destination two. I hope you are enjoying yourself as I am.” He said as his beautiful blue-gray eyes looked into my hazel ones.

“I am, this has been great so far.” I told him truthfully. He smiled and leaned in to give me a small kiss, just like he did yesterday. He pulled away and to be honest, I didn’t want him to because I liked the feeling of his lips on mine.

Joe smiled before focusing his eyes on the road as he left the parking lot of “Sushi Tei” to head in the direction of our next destination. We were listening to the radio on our way over to the restaurant, but there wasn’t anything good playing so he handed me the auxiliary cord so I could play music from my phone. I took it and plugged the cord into the headphone jack of my phone and search through my music library to find a song to play. I really wanted to listen to some K-Pop, but I decided not to torture Joe, so I settled with listening to Issues to which he seemed to enjoy.

Twenty minutes later, Joe pulled up to our next destination and I noticed that we were at a bowling alley. I love bowling, although I’m not that great at it, it was definitely one of my favorite things to do for fun. I remember when my dance group back at home would plan bowling parties every month. Of course ever since I signed my contract with WWE, I haven’t been able to go to many of the bowling parties they had since I had to stay in Florida for when I was in NXT and now that I’m a part of the main roster, I definitely don’t get to go home often. Joe turned off the car and I got out of my thoughts.

“I hope you like bowling,” He asked me with a smile.

“Of course. I used to go bowling all the time with my dance crew back at home.” I told him with a smile to compliment his.
We both got out of the car and we walked inside holding hands and our fingers entwined again. Joe paid for three games and the bowling shoes and he was setting up the game for our lane, while I was finding a ball that would fit my fingers perfectly. I came back to our lane and put my ball down in the holder and went to sit down on the bench so I could switch my shoes for the bowling shoes. Once I was done, I looked up to see that Joe was standing in front of me with a smirk on his lips and pointed to the screen for our game. I looked where our name was supposed to be and I rolled my eyes playfully because he put “Baby Girl” for me and “Oppa” for him. I looked at him and shook my head, but smiled.

“Cute.” I simply said and he just laughed.

“I know.” He said and then he leaned down, “Let’s make this game interesting, shall we?”

I looked at him with my arms slightly crossed on my chest. “What do you have in mind Anoa’i?”

“Let’s make this a friendly competition.” He said and I nodded before he continued, “If I win, you’ll go on a second date with me.”

I agreed with his harmless little bet and came up with one of my own. “Okay, but if I win…you have come to my dance class that I have with the girls and learn one of my choreographies of my choosing.” I smirked and he looked amused.

“Deal,” He said and pecked my lips before grabbing his bowling ball to start the game. He rolled the ball and successfully made a strike. He looked at me with an amuse smirk. “You’re turn, baby girl.”

I got up from my seat and picked up my bowling ball and walked towards the lane. I swung my left arm (Yeah I’m a lefty) and let the ball roll off my fingers onto the lane, hitting the pin in the middle earning a nice strike for me. I faced Joe and gave him a smirk. “Two can play at this game.” I teased and patted his cheek, before returning my spot on the bench.

“You’re on now,” He taunted, “Watch and learn baby girl” He said and rolled another strike.

This went on back and forth, getting little competitive but we were still having fun. We would distract each other from getting strikes, which sometimes worked. We even acted cute and couple like with each other, like him teaching me how to roll a strike with my right hand with one of his hands on my hip and the other one guiding my hand. You know, cute things like that. However after our two rounds, Joe ended up winning our little competition, meaning that I would go on a second date with him. I personally would love to go on another date with him because I had the most fun on this date than I have had with past dates with my former boyfriends.

Joe and I were heading back to the hotel so we could change and get ready for RAW tonight. During our drive back, Joe held my hand the whole way back with our fingers latched together, with his other hand on the steering wheel. Every so often, he would bring our hands up and kiss the back of my palm. I would blush every time he would do it too.

Twenty minutes later, we had arrived back to the hotel and now Joe and I were walking to my room, still hand in hand and chatting still. I really didn’t want this date to end but work calls and we have a big crowd that wants to see us tonight. Joe decided to walk me to back to my hotel room, which was sweet of him to do. We arrive to the door of my hotel room, just standing there, swinging hand hands lightly.

“I really enjoyed today. I don’t think I ever had so much fun on a date before.” I admitted to him honestly.

“I’m glad you did. It shows that I did my job right.” He said and we both laughed. “But seriously, I enjoyed our date too and I can’t wait to take you out on more, if you let me.”

I nodded, “Of course you can” I said softly, looking at his soft blue-gray eyes. He smiled as he gazed at me bringing his hands up to my cheeks, before leaning in for a kiss. His lips were on mine for a sweet kiss, but what shocked him was that I returned the kiss. I felt him smile in our simple, but sweet kiss as we kissed a few more time before we pulled away slightly. He looked at me with a smile and whispered against my lips saying that he will see me at RAW. Joe kissed me one more time softly, lingering long enough for us to be satisfied before he left to back to his room, leaving there touching my tingling lips. I sighed softly to myself and went inside my hotel room with a soft smile never leaving my lips.
♠ ♠ ♠
Jamari’s Date Outfit
Joe’s Date Outfit

visual of how Joe's and Jamari's kiss went

So Joe and Jamari’s first date was a success and the fact that they will be going on more dates in the future. Jamari even kissed Joe back, which made things between them spice up just a little. Their first date was pretty cute and fun, wasn’t it? This chapter is pretty long as well, I figured I would make this chapter a long one since it’s a date chapter, but next chapters won’t be as long unless it’s based on major events.

So if you guys didn’t know, The Shield won their match against Evolution at Payback on Sunday…but on RAW, Seth Rollins “betrayed”, Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose. I knew that the Shield was going to break sometime sooner or later, but I didn’t think it was going to be right after Payback. I honestly thought it was going to be Dean that would turn heel and break the Shield, but WWE pulled a good surprise making Seth be the culprit. Although I’m pretty bummed that the Shield is possibly broken up now, I’m excited to see what Seth is going to do next.

Since this heel turn/Shield breakup happened so abruptly, it sort of messed me up for my next chapter, where I was going to base it out to the week before Payback. But I’m not going to let this bump on the road screw up my story, so I’m going to wait a few chapters and a few episodes of Raw and SmackDown to see what goes on between Roman, Dean, and Seth so I know what to write to adapt the story line and what not for this story.

Also remember when I said I was going to write a Seth Rollins story? Yeah well ideas got change after Raw, so I want to base the story as him being a heel now, so it will be a while before I write that story. However I had an idea for Jey Uso story and might start writing that soon, but we’ll see.

Special thanks to my girlies IWillMakeYouScream, emogurl1991, and O.G. Loko for commenting on the last chapter! You guys seriously are the best and I’m glad I can count on your feedback!

As always, subscribe, recommend, and comment you lovelies!!!!