You're My Injustice

Chapter 9

(Joe’s POV)

I woke up the next day around 7:30 in the morning, which I normally do on Tuesdays since it’s when WWE does the taping for SmackDown. I yawned silently and looked down to see that Jamari was in my arms sleeping peacefully. I guess she must have turned around during her sleep, because she was facing towards me. The strands of her hair that fell out of her bun were covering her face and I stroked it back behind her ear. I really did like having Jamari in my arms like this, I mean it’s like she fits perfectly in them. I’ll admit that I have developed something for the girl and want to make something between us work, but I need to focus on my wrestling career. Extreme Rules is coming up this Sunday and it’s really the height of my career…well the Shield’s career in general since we’re going against Evolution. But this date with Jamari that I asked her out to last night, which I still have to figure out what I’m going to have us do, might work something out for her and I.

My phone started vibrating against the end table on my side. I sighed, but grabbed it seeing that it was Colby calling me.

“Hello?” I answered the phone.

Where are you, man?” Colby asked and I rolled my eyes, but looked at Jamari still sleeping.

“I stayed with Jamari last night,” I told him, stroking Jamari’s cheek making her nose twitch. It was cute.

Uh huh, I see that you two are getting more comfortable with each other. Is Roman Reigns getting soft?” He teased and I muttered a fuck you to him, making him laugh.

”Anyway, care to join Jon and I for breakfast? Jamari can join us too.” He said and I faced Jamari again and kissed her cheek.

“All right, I’ll see if she wants to join, but yeah I’ll meet you two in forty-five minutes.” I said and we ended the call. I put my phone away and face Jamari, who was now awake…slightly.

“Who was that?” She asked as she yawned.

“It was Colby, he was asking where I was and if we wanted to join him and Jon for breakfast.” I said and kissed her cheeks back and forth, making her laugh.

She kept trying slap my hands away and move her cheeks as I kept messing with her. I wrapped my arms around her waist and leaned down to nuzzle my face on the crook of her neck. I planted a couple of small kisses on her neck, before whispering in her ear.

“We should get up and meet up with the guys, unless you don’t want to,” I said and she nodded.

“Yeah I’ll go with you guys,” She said and got up, but not before pushing me off of her. I chuckled and sat up as she had went to the bathroom to take a shower.

I grabbed my bag and picked out a pair of jeans, a casual shirt, and whatever else I need and waited for Jamari to finish up getting ready. I just took this time to answer questions from fans on my Ask.fm account, while I waited. I usually do this almost every morning before I get ready for my hectic day. I was about to answer my last question for the day when I felt the bed dip a little beside me. I looked over and saw that Jamari sat down next to me fully dressed with her hair up in a ponytail and her make up done. She smiled and I put my phone down and rest my hand on her smooth legs.

“I didn’t think Roman Reigns was the type to answer fans questions,” She joked and I smirked.

“Only ones that ask about WWE related questions, not personal questions. But I like my fans and I feel the need to show a little of me,” I said as I rubbed my thumb in a circle on her thigh.

She nodded and smiled, resting her hand on top of mine that was on her thigh. “Awwe that’s so sweet,” she teased and I laughed. “You should hurry up and get ready, or else I meet up Jon and Colby for breakfast by myself.” Jamari demanded and slapped my ass, causing me to wink at her before we laughed.

I grabbed my stuff and walked to the bathroom to take a shower and get ready. It didn’t take me long because I was done in fifteen minutes. I brushed my hair back into a ponytail and walked out towards Jamari.

“You’re ready?” I asked and she nodded before getting up from the edge of the bed. I smiled and headed to the door and opened it for Jamari. We took the elevator down and found Jon and Colby waiting at a table for us. We sat down, as they greeted us, but both Jon and Colby were giving me smirks and I knew at that point that this was going to be a long breakfast.

Jamari’s POV

I was heading over to the venue that WWE Main Event was going to be held where I was going to make my first appearance. Joe, Colby, and Jon were at another venue, where the taping for SmackDown was going on. I made my way inside the venue but I stopped here and there to greet the fans that were there early. I found the Divas locker room and put my bag down, taking my ring gear out. I didn’t have a match tonight so I was going to be a guest commentator with Byron Saxton and Tom Phillips during the Divas match. I changed into my ring gear right away to be prepared since I didn’t really know when the Divas match was going to take place. Once I was done changing, I saw that Eva had come into the locker room looking pissed.

“What’s up girl?” I asked her and she sighed before sitting down next to me.

“I just…ever since the incident with the six person tag team match I had a couple weeks ago when I was teamed up with Summer and Tamina, I just can’t get over what Summer said about me, thinking that it’s true.

I remembered the match that Eva was talking about. She, Tamina, and Summer Rae were in a match going against Nikki, Brie, and Nattie. During that match, Eva was never tagged in because Summer Rae kept either tagging Tamina or preventing Eva from tagging in. I didn’t know what the reasoning behind that was, but it wasn’t right.

“What did she say?” I asked, rubbing her shoulder knowing that she was upset.

“She said I sucked and that should not be a wrestler at all,” Eva started tearing up and I just felt bad for her. I pulled her into a hug and rubbed her back as she was crying. “I know that most wrestlers that come here go through at least two years of developmental training before making it onto the main roster, but I only had one month so I didn’t get the full training like everyone else has. Not only that, but I was that one friend that she needed when she had burned every friendship because of her talking shit about the other divas and she just threw that away. I did everything to show her that our friendship was real and I still get bit in the ass.”

I pulled back so she could look at me, “Eva girl. Don’t listen to a word that Summer has said to you, because obviously her words aren’t true and she is going to regret treating the people that were genuine to her like shit.” I started and gave her smile, “You’re a great wrestler and so what you only had a month of training before you got here. You’re still kicking ass and I believe that you have a great chance of becoming the next Divas Champion, even if that means if you take the title from me.” I said, being completely honest. I do see potential in Eva and it sucks that WWE don’t really see it.

“You really think so?” She asked and I nodded.

“Of course, I might be new, young, and don’t know much, but I know when I see potential and I see it in you. I want to help you to become the best there is. So how about when this whole Extreme Rules is over with, you and I will have training sessions and maybe we can talk to Vince or Stephanie about letting us be tag team partners.” I suggested. She smiled and dried her eyes.

“I would seriously love that, more than anything.” She said, feeling one hundred percent better. “Thanks for hearing me out and not judging me.” Eva smiled and hugged me, which I returned the embrace.

“Of course, I’m not one to judge a book by its cover. I meant every word.” We both smiled and then got up to walk around the arena.

“So do you have a match tonight?” She asked and I shook my head no.

“Nope, I’m just here as the guest commentator for the Divas match tonight.” I say with a shrug.

“Oh I see. Yeah you’ll be commenting on mine and Natalya’s match against Tamina and Summer Rae, which makes sense since you and Tamina have a title match at Extreme Rules. Are you nervous?” She asked and I shook my head but smirked.

“I was when I first found out, but I’m confident though. I feel like I can win, because I am going to let loose on Sunday so she’ll be surprised. It’s going to be great.” I smirked wink, causing her to laugh.

“I definitely have to see your match now just to see you go crazy,” She patted my shoulder, “I have to go find Nattie, but I will see you at our match in an hour.” Eva smiled and then left to go find Nattie.

I smiled as Eva left before heading over to find Sandra, the woman who designs and creates the ring attire for the Divas. My phone vibrated in my back pocket, thinking it was a text from my family at home, but it was a twitter notification. I opened the notification and saw that Eva had mentioned me in a tweet.

@natalieevamarie: Just had a nice motivational talk with @JaelynWWE. So humble and sweet. She definitely deserves to be the Divas Champion. Can’t wait to be in the ring with you one day!!!

I smiled as I read her tweet and some of the other divas who replied and said some nice things about me. I retweeted her tweet and replied back to her.

@JaelynWWE: @natalieevamarie thanks for the kind words girly! Don’t worry that day will come soon! ;)

I put my phone away and found Sandra talking to Summer Rae about her ring attire…well they were more or less disagreeing. Summer couldn’t see me, but I could tell that Sandra was getting frustrated just by looking at her face. I honestly felt bad for her because Sandra didn’t seem appreciated enough by some of the Divas. By the end of the disagreement, Summer had her way and left, of course she rolled her eyes at me right before she passed me. Sandra sighed and wrote down a few notes on a sheet of paper and pinned it to Summer Rae’s ring attire.

“Hey Miss Sandra,” I said and she turned around facing me. Her frown dropped and was replaced with a soft smile.

“Hello Jamari, what can I do for you?” She replied and I smiled softly, she reminded me of my grandmother.

“I was wondering if you could make a new ring attire that I can wear to my match at Extreme Rules and for my future matches. I had this ring attire during my NXT days and I think a change would be nice. Do you think you can help me out?” I asked, hoping that she could help out.

“Of course I can help you dear. What are you looking for?” She asked as she grabbed her note pad.

“I want a shorts that are the same length as running shorts or maybe a tad bit longer, a crop top, and a ring jacket with a hood on it would be cool. However, I don’t know what pattern or colors I want, so I’m going to let you choose what’s best for me and surprise me.” I told her and she smiled, looking me up and down to get an idea.

“Well I have had this design in mind for a while and none of the Divas wanted to use it, but I think it will look absolutely stunning on you for sure. I’ll get started on it for you and have it ready for your big match on Sunday.” She said and I couldn’t help but smile.

I leaned down and gave her a hug “Thank you so much Sandra, I really appreciate this.” I said and she laughed, giving me a hug back before shooing me off.

*~*~*~*~*~*


It was time for the Divas match and Summer Rae, Tamina, Nattie , and Eva were already in the ring. The stage producer signaled the sound guy to play my theme, which blared through the arena and the crowd went wild. I started walking out as I was introduced the by the ring announcer.

And your guest commentator, reigning from Charlottesville Virginia and she’s the current Divas Champion, Jaelyn!

I made my around the ring the ring, giving high-fives to fans before I stopped in front of Tamina, who was giving me a nasty look. I smirked and kissed the Divas Champion Belt in front of her. “You’re not getting this!” I taunted and she was about to attack me but the official referee blocked her from leaving the ring. I walked over to the Spanish announcement table and sat down next to Byron Saxton and Tom Phillips, putting on the spare headset before facing them.

“As you heard, we have the Divas Champion, Jaelyn here with us as a guest commentator tonight for the Divas match tonight. It’s definitely nice to have you here with us.” Byron announced and I smiled, nodding at the both them.

“I’m glad to be here with you both. It’s nice taking a break from being in the ring.” I said and they both chuckled.

“So, Jaelyn you have a match against Tamina Snuka, the daughter of the great Jimmy Super Fly Snuka this Sunday at Extreme Rules, correct?” Tom asked.

“That is correct,” I smiled and waved to the crowd as some of the fans screamed my name.

“That is going to be one hell of a match since the both of you are two strong-willed women.” Byron stated.

“It’s definitely going to be one of the toughest match I’ll have because look at Tamina,” I said as I saw Tamina fighting Nattie, “She’s a great wrestler and has been in the business for a while. She’s a beast.”

“Do you have any doubts about the match on Sunday?” Tom asked and I shook my head.

“No I don’t,” I stopped as I smiled seeing Nattie giving a nice kick to Tamina’s gut. “I’m ready for whatever she brings to the table. I’m calling her bluff. I may be the youngest Diva on the main roster, but I know my abilities and I know I can fight her. I’m going to bring everything I have to Extreme Rules and everyone will see the fire I have in me, you can believe that.” I smirked and both Tom and Byron smiled, but wished me luck.

We continued to commentate on the current Divas match and right now, it’s Eva and Summer Rae in the ring. Summer had the upper hand until she was distracted by Nattie, when she slapped her across the face. That gave time Eva time to recover quickly enough to bring Summer Rae down on her shoulders for the pin, earning her the win. I clapped as her theme started playing as the announcer announced Eva and Nattie as the winner. I took my headsets off and slid into the ring to raise Eva’s hand. Tamina glared at me and walked over to me, getting up in my face.

“I wouldn’t do anything if I were you,” I told her and she just moved back, but smirked as I felt her hand connected to my face, knocking me to the mat. The crowd went quiet for a second and started booing at Tamina. I felt my face as my cheek was stinging, but I felt liquid coming from my nose. I wiped it against the back of my hand and saw that it was blood.

Shit, she made my nose bleed. She wants to play dirty, I’m game.

I looked up saw that Tamina now had her back towards me as she was making some smartass comment about how it was going to be easy to beat me on Sunday. This was a great opportunity to get her back. I pushed the ref away from me and got up, running towards Tamina and did an enzurigi kick, knocking her out cold. Byron and Tom looked at us in awe and the audience were cheering for me. I grabbed the microphone from Tamina’s unconscious hand and put it towards my lips.

“You said that it was going to be easy to beat me on Sunday? Well look who’s out cold now?” I taunted and the crowd roared. “You’re misjudged my abilities again, Snuka. We’ll see who will reign as Divas Champion at Extreme Rules, but for now, you better think again who you’re fighting with.” I threatened and dropped the microphone on her chest. My theme played and I climbed out of the ring, with my Divas Champion belt on my shoulder and walked towards the gorilla, slapping hands with fans.

Once I made it backstage, I congratulated Nattie and Eva before heading back to the locker room so I could change into something comfortable. I checked my nose and saw that it had stopped bleeding and that it wasn’t broken. I cleaned up and then picked up phone after I was changed and saw that I had a few text messages a majority of them coming from my family and a couple of them from Joe. I quickly replied to my family text before looking at Joe’s. I knew he had something smartass to say about me looking sexy or along those words, but I laughed regardless.

From Joe:
I see what you did there. Pulling a Seth Rollins move on Tamina, but of course the way you did it was pretty sexy.


I rolled my eyes but smiled. Joe is an interesting person, I swear I must be seeing a side of him that not many really get to see. I texted him back quickly telling him to shut up, playfully and that I would meet up with him and the others at the hotel when they were done with the SmackDown taping. I put my phone in my pocket and headed out of the venue since I was going to call it a night. I walked over to my Jeep and put my gym bag in the back and got inside before driving to the hotel. Thankfully, I had three days off to relax and not wrestle until Extreme Rules this Sunday.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this chapter didn’t have Joe and Jamari together as much as the others chapter have. But I added Joe’s point of view, which I hope makes up for that. I normally don’t switch between POVs during the same chapter so this will be the only time I will do that. Also this chapter is pretty long, hopefully not a boring long…although this chapter was more of a filler. However the next chapter will have more intimate time between Joe and Jamari and it will be based on the Extreme Rules that occurred last month. I plan to have next chapter out on Sunday before I watch Payback.

Speaking of Payback, are you guys going to watch it this Sunday on PPV or the WWE Network? I know I am, but I can’t help be nervous about the No-Holds Barred match between The Shield and Evolution, especially after the signing of the contract at RAW, but I’m excited for the match between El Torito and Hornswoggle and the divas match between Paige and Alicia Fox.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter and you are enjoying this story in general. Let me know you what you think by commenting please! As always, Subscribe, Recommend, and Comment!

Huge thanks to my awesome readers and friends IWillMakeYouScream and O.G. Loko for commenting on the last chapter. You two are amazing as always!