Story of a Girl

So Happy Together

I'm coming back from my morning run. I start to take my earphone's out as I walk up the porch steps. I stop in my tracks seeing a little red heart shaped box with a note and a rose sitting on the welcome mat. That's right, it's valentines day. I bend down to examine it. Zack's handwriting sticks out like a sore thumb to me. I pick up the box and rose and smile. Boy am I glad Matt didn't stumble upon this, that would be disastrous.

"What's that?" Matt asks as I walk though the door.

"This? Um...some random guy gave it to me. Weird eh?" I ask.

"Hum...weird alright." Matt says.

"What'd he look like?" Val asks not getting that it was from Zacky.

"He was tall, hansom, a little chubby around the edges...but a pure ten." I say.

"Oh..." Val says.

"Alright, whatever." Matt says going back to watching basketball.

I let out a sigh of relief and head upstairs. Bella, our lab, follows me. What is she, Matt's little minion? I close the door to my room, leaving Bella outside. I plop down on the bed and open the piece of paper folded with my name written on the front.

Happy Valentines Day my love. Be ready for dinner by 6:00PM. With love -Zacky.

Dinner? Where? So mysterious he can be. Let's see, it's 10:00AM now...only eight hours to go! Am I weird for counting down? Maybe a bit obsessive. I shower and put on clean sweatpants and a t-shirt. I look over at my night table and remember my current read, Eclipse. I lay down on my bed and open it up. I was only on chapter two, can you imagine that?

Seven Hours Later

I got a lot of reading done. It took my mind off it's usual anxious track. I better stop though, or I'm gonna end up wearing this for diner. I look into my closet. In he array of Band shirts, hoodies, and jeans lies two dresses. A cute little black one with a red bow, and my senior prom dress. I think I'll go with the black one. I slip it on and look in the mirror. I didn't even brush my hair yet. I get going with that as I turn on the TV. I put my hair in a messy bun and start my make-up. With five minutes left until 6:00PM, I head downstairs.

"What are you all dolled up for?" Matt asks.

"The random guy wanted to take me out to diner." I say.

"Do you even know this guy?" Matt asks.

"Sort of...his name is...Edward." I say thinking of Eclipse.

Val laughs to herself, she can tell I'm despite. I grab my purse from the hook and lean against the counter.

"Leave your phone on." Matt says.

"I'm not twelve." I say.

"Just do it. I don't want you picking up anymore Mikes." Matt says.

"Don't worry, that's sure NOT to happen." I say.

I look at Val again, she's trying to contain the laughter. I shoot her an evil glance, which shuts her up. There's a honk from out side.

"That's Za...Edward." I say.

"Maybe I should meet him first." Matt says standing up.

"What are you my Dad?" I ask.

"Babe, I think a TWENTY THREE year old WOMAN can handle it by now." Val says.

"Fine." Matt says.

I'm surprised I got out of there alive. Stupid Matt, Val wasn't helping...except at the end. I stand on the porch. Zacky's car is on the side of the road. The back lights stand out on the glumly day.

"Hey" I say opening the passenger door.

"Well don't you look beautiful." Zacky says.

"Why thank you, you don't look to shabby yourself." I say gazing up and down his body.

I sit down and buckle my seat belt. Zacky smiles and kisses my cheek. Did I mention that he smells really good, not that I don't like his usual smell. He drives off. After ten minutes, he pulls up into a the parking lot of "Roselle". Zacky opens the door for me and escorts me inside. Luckily, we had reservations. This place is completely packed. He gets my chair for me and I sit down. What a gentlemen. It takes about half an hour just to order DRINKS. I sip mine carefully, knowing it'll take forever to get another one. We order.

Two Hours Later

We STILL haven't gotten our order's. It's frustrating, but I like the time we're spending together.

"Wanna get out of here?" Zacky asks.

"Yeah, I have a feeling that we're not getting served." I say.

Zacky stands up and takes his jacket off the chair. I pick up my purse from the floor. We walk out of the restaurant. It's still as hazy as before, just a bit darker. We get into the car, it starts to rain.

"Sorry Dinner sucked." Zacky says starting the car.

"It's alright. It's the time that I spend with you that matters." I say.

"Aw thanks." Zacky says.
"You still hungry? Cuz we could do something else." Zacky says.

"Like a horse." I say.

"What do you have in mind?" Zacky asks.

"Chinese sound good?" I ask seeing a Chinese place.

"Sounds great." Zacky says.

We order out and take the food back to the car. I place the plastic bag under my seat.

"We could hang out at my place." I say.

"Matt..." Zacky says.

"Out with Val on a date." I say.

"Sounds good then." Zacky says.

When we reach my house, I take the bad from the car. It's still raining. I quickly trot myself to the safety of the roofed porch. Zack slowly walks behind me, not really caring if he gets wet.

"Shit." I say looking though my purse.

"What is it Nick?" Zacky asks.

"I...forgot me key in the house." I say.

"Is it locked?" Zacky asks.

"Yeah." I say.

"Any other way in?" Zacky asks.

"What do you think. I live with Sargent Safety." I say.

"Ha...is he really that bad?" Zacky asks.

"Yes, I had to pretend that you we're some random guy in the neighborhood named Edward. He told me to leave my phone on just in case." I say.

"Ha...was I as Sexy as the Edward from Twilight?" Zacky asks.

"Close call." I say.

"Cool, I'm sexy." Zacky says.

"Oh, you know you are." I say.

"It's still good to hear." Zacky says.

"Here...let's eat." I say putting the bag on the railing. I hand him his carton and he sits on the ground cross legged. I follow his lead, except I swoop my legs to the side. Zacky attempts to eat with chopsticks. He drops a shrimp on the floor. I laugh and steal it with mine.

"How come you can do it?" Zacky asks.

"I don't know. I'm special I guess." I say.

"That you are." Zacky says stabbing another shrimp with one chopstick.

"Thank you." I say taking a mouth full of noodles.

We continue to eat. To tell you the truth, I almost prefer this then the restaurant. Here we can laugh and kiss, mess around and not worry who's watching.

"Hey Zack, what time is it? I ask.

"9:00PM. Why?" He asks.

"Matt and Val are gonna be home soon." I say.

"Is that my key to leave?" Zacky asks.

"Yeah." I say.

"Hey, wanna come over to my place tomorrow night for a movie?" I ask.

"Sure, Sounds great." I say.

"Alright. Well see you tomorrow." I say.

"Bye." Zacky says.

"I love you." I say kissing him.

"I love you too." Zacky says.

I watch him walk away and plop into his car. He drives away and I follow the little blue car with my eyes until it's out of sight. Now all that's left to do is wait for Matt and Val to come home so I can go inside. It's not cold, just a little damp. I sit leaning against the house until I see Matt's silver truck come around the corner. I stand up on my own and put my hand on my hips.

"Why are you out here?"Matt asks.

"Locked out." I say.

"Sorry. I saw your key on the counter, but two and two didn't go together." Matt says.

"It's OK. I don't mind. Edward waited with me." I say.

"He seems like a gentleman..." Matt says.

"That he is." I say smiling.
♠ ♠ ♠
Can you tell that I'm OBSESSED with Twilight? I just stared Eclipse after finishing New Moon in two days. This may be the first of MANY Twilight references. =D