Story of a Girl

When your gone

When I took my shower, Zack was in his room. Now...not so much. I peek my head into the living room. He's sitting on the couch with some sort of book. I push off the wall and walk into the living room setting my self down on the couch next to Zack.

"Oh...hey." He says looking up.

"Whatcha doing?" I ask looking over his shoulder.

"Looking at old pictures." Zacky says.

"May I?" I ask looking at the photo album.

"Yeah, here." Zacky says placing the album in my lap.

I turn the pages. The album is obviously old. The pictures are held in with little tabs on the corners and most of the pictures in the back are in black in white.

"This you?" I ask pointing at a picture of a little boy in a long shirt and cowboy boots that are way to big.

"Yeah." Zacky says.

"Aw...you were cute." I say.

"Were?" Zacky says.

I roll my eyes and turn the page. There's a picture at what seems like the Baker family. Zack, Zina, Matt, Lillian, and Tom.

"My family...before my dad passed. Man...I can't believe he's gone?" Zacky says blankly staring at the picture.

"Hey...it's alright." I say putting my arm around his next and giving him a squeeze.

"I already miss him." Zacky says.

"I know it's hard." I say.

"He died to young." Zacky says.

"Sixty seven..." I say.

"I thought looking at these would help but...it's just making it worse." Zacky says.

"You poor thing." I say wrapping my arms around him.
"You know what. It maybe a chick thing...but I think I know what will help." I say standing up.

He follows me with his eyes as I walk into the kitchen. I open the fridge. I take out two half pint containers of Ben and Jerry's. Perfect. I grab spoons and return to the couch.

"Fish food sound good?" I ask handing him a container and spoon.

"Very, thanks." Zacky says taking off the lid.

"Ok...now a movie." I say walking to the shelf.

She's the man, perfect. It's really funny and it always makes ME feel better. I figure out the TV setup and play the movie. I return to the couch and open my container. I scoot right next to Zack. We just sit there, eat some Ben and Jerry's, and watch a chick flick. Not a bad way to spend an afternoon.

"Better?" I ask.

"Much." Zacky says putting his arm around me and pulling me close.

"I love you." I sigh resting my head on his shoulder.

"Aw...I love you too baby." Zacky says kissing my hair and resting his head on mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's short...don't bitch
LOL, JK
More to come, don't worry