Story of a Girl

Trust

I've been up for a while. Having a huge window in your room doesn't always hold it's charm. There's nothing else to do, and I guarantee that no one else is up, so I guess I'll just look out at the view. Even though the sun did wake me up this morning, it does have a lovely effect on the mountains before me. Zack's still sleeping behind me laying on his back with an arm stretched over where I was sleeping. He's so cute when he's sleeping. I let out a happy sigh and lay back on to the bed letting my head land on Zack's leg. This causes him to wake up. He opens his eyes and looks down at me.

"Morning." I say turning my head to face him.

"Good morning." Zacky says taking his arm and placing it around me.
"Sleep well?" He asks.

"Yes I did thank you." I say rolling over onto my stomach and planting a kiss on his lips.

"Well that's good." Zacky says taking my hair and placing it over my shoulder.

I crawl off the bed and put a sweatshirt over my spaghetti strap tank top. Zack slides out from beneath the covers and stretches before slowly walking to the door. I pull the bottom of my sweatshirt down before following him.

"Vengeance...be in the basement in five minutes." Matt says grabbing a coffee mug.

"Hum? Oh...Ok." Zacky yawns.

"Album stuff, I know." I say.

"Good. Go and check this place out, it's amazing. I'll call you later or something." Zacky says.

"Maybe I will." I say.

Zack walks into the kitchen and grabs a bagel out of a paper bag. He takes a bite before heading to the basement door.

"Bye." I say hugging him.

"Bye." He says swallowing and wrapping his free arm around me.

Zack walks to the basement door and opens it, walking down the stairs. I look behind me. Val's on the couch channel surfing.

"Well what do you want to do today?" I ask sitting down on the love seat.

"I don't know...maybe head down to the loge." Val says.

"Sounds fun." I say.

I go to our room and get dressed. Nothing too complex, just jeans and long sleeve shirt. By the time I'm out and ready to live another day, Val's standing by the door with her arms crossed and foot tapping. Like I'm suppose to know we were leaving? We take the shuttle bus that goes all around the resort to the lodge. We get a table for two and each order a cup of hot chocolate.

"Mmm...this is really good." I say.

"Perfect for a cold day in Big Bear Mountain." Val says.

"Indeed. You know, I'm really glad we can have some girl time." I say.

"Me too. Your like my best friend." Val says.

"Aw...that means a lot." I say.

"Well it's true." Val says.

"I so feel the same way. Your like the sister I never had." I say.

The both of us stay at the lodge sipping hot chocolate and having small talk. Everything from the little habits that both Zack and Matt do to what we think is going to happen in the next book of the Twilight saga.

"Guess who?" A Zack says coming from behind and putting his hands over my eyes.

"Hum...I don't know. Edward Cullen?" I ask.

"Close...except without the fangs." Zack says revealing his face.

"Edward doesn't HAVE fangs...we've gone over this." I say.

"Oh yeah." Zacky laughs.

"And that's why I love you." I say twisting my next to kiss him.
"Ok...I gotta ask. What's with the pants?" I ask.

"Oh I just wear these snowboarding." Zacky says.

"You can snowboard?" I ask.

"I know! I can do more then sit on the couch and drink beer." Zacky says.

"Pfffft...barley." Matt says.

"No one asked you." Zacky says looking back at Matt who has a grin on his face.
"You gonna come with me?" He asks.

"Me? Your asking me the queen on the klutzes if she wants to go snowboarding?" I ask.

"Oh come on, it's fun." Zacky says.

"Val?" I ask.

"Remember when I broke my ankle? This is perfect deja vu." Val says.

"Geez, thanks for helping." Zacky says.
"Oh come on please." He says giving me puppy dog eyes.

"Fine." I say letting out an aggravated sigh.

"Yay...come on, lets get you a board." Zacky says taking my hand and dragging me out of the lodge. Obviously he's more excited about this then I am. He gets me fitted for boots and finds me a rental board.

"You know what's funny? It took you longer to convince her to do this then sleep with you." Brian laughs.

"Um...were you there? No...don't think so." Zacky says.

"Yeah...and plus, there was really no convincing...it just happened." I say.

"Can we change the subject. I really don't wanna talk about my sister's sex life." Matt says covering his ears.

We continue to the slope. I look up at the chair lift...it looks higher standing right next to it rather then looking at it though the bedroom window.

"Would it be a bad time to say that I don't like heights?" I say looking down.

"Yeah...but you'll be fine. I won't let anything, anything happen to you and that's a promise that I plan to keep." Zacky says.

"Aw...thanks...I still think I'm gonna die though." I say.

"Your not gonna die." Zacky says.

"What if I do?" I ask.

"Then I would be depressed cuz I would lose the only girl I would ever love." Zacky says.

"Then I better not die then." I say.

"See...optimism is good." Zacky says.

Now that I've learned that I'm not going to die...I've become a little more relaxed. It looks sort of cool from up here.

"Ok...how is this gonna work?" I ask as we come towards the end of the lift.

"You just hop off." Zacky says.

"That's it?" I ask.

"Yup...now one, two, three...go." Zacky says taking my hand and landing gracefully on the landing. Me on the other hand...I go face first into a snow bank.

"You OK?" Zacky asks.

"Dandy." I say giving a thumbs up.

"You gonna get up?" Zacky asks.

"If the rest of this is gonna go like this...then no." I say picking my head up.

"Come on..." Zacky says holding out his hand.

I roll over and accept the helping hand. I stand up and brush the snow off of me. I can already tell...this is gonna be GREAT! Zack helps me wake my way near the edge of the slope.

"Ok...how do I do this?" I ask looking over the edge.

"Just bend you knees and lean forward a bit. To stop, push on your heals. Turning is done by pushing your back leg. It's pretty simple." Zacky says.

"Right...Ok." I say.

"Now put you back foot in." Zacky says.

"Alright..." I say.

"And there you go." He says giving me a push.

"Holy shit." I say wailing my arms around as I start down the mountain.

Ok...the important thing is to know how to stop. How do I stop again? Shit...see I TOLD him I was going to die. Everything is going by so fast...maybe I should close my eyes...BAD IDEA! Ok...great...there's a rock in my way...how do I turn...HOW THE FUCK DO I TURN. I try to do what Zacky said and wait for impact with the rock. I turned...holy shit I turned! YAY...maybe this isn't so bad. To my surprise, I make it down the hill in ONE PIECE! I fall on my ass stopping on the bottom, but otherwise I think I did pretty good. A seconds later, Zacky meets me at the bottom...except he didn't fall.

"Was that so bad?" He asks.

"No...I actually had fun." I say.

"See..." Zacky says.

"Don't start. I told you so has a brother. His name is shut up." I say.

"Ha...You stole that from somewhere...I know it." Zacky laughs.

"Yup. I say.

"Wanna go again?" He asks.

"Yeah, sure." I say.

"Sweet." Zacky says.

I lost count of how many times we went down that hill. All I know now is that my ass is sore from falling on it about a thousand time. Oh well...I had fun.yeah

"Tired?" Zacky asks.

"A bit...but not tired enough to cuddle on the couch while watching a movie." I say.

"Consider it a date." Zacky smiles putting his arm around me.

We walk back into the lounge to wait for everyone else. Val's still sitting in the same place as before. It looks like she's had lunch and has gone though a couple magazines. I sort of feel bad for leaving her a lone for a couple hours, but I really don't think she minded not going.

"I'm glad to see your in one piece." Val says.

"Me too." I laugh,

We wait in the lodge for every one to come back. It doesn't take too long...it's freezing out. I really had fun...I'm glad that I can trust Zack. We take the shuttle back to the cabin.

"Ok...well I'm gonna change. My butt's really wet." I say.

"I'm not surprised." Zack laughs taking off his coat.

I walk to our room and open the closet. I'm in a sweatpants mood. I shimmy off my jeans that are sticking to my legs and slide into my light gray sweat pants. Life is good. I throw my wet jeans into my laundry bag and go back out to the living room. Sitting on the couch is Zack holding up a DVD case. I smile and sit down next to him.

"Your the best...you know that right?" I say wrapping my arms around his torso.

"Of course I do, I mean, you tell me every day." Zacky says.

I smile and kiss him. He puts his arm around my shoulders, pulling me closer. I have no idea what were watching...but that doesn't matter. Zack takes his free hand and places it on my leg running it up and down once before settling on one place. I rest my head on his chest and close my eyes. Before I know it, I fall asleep. I guess I was tireder then I thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
Now that I finished Breaking Dawn, there should be more updates *yay*
It was a great book, but I'm sad the series is over. *Tear*
---
I have a game for all you Twilighters: who can find the Breaking Dawn quote!
---
Wow...I shouldn't eat Popsicles before I update... XD