Story of a Girl

I was right

"Matt, where are we going?" I ask getting into the car.

"Doctor's office." Matt says putting the key in the ignition.

My eyes shoot open and I start to open the car door. Matt grabs my arm and pulls me back into the car. I let out an aggravated sigh and cross my arms.

"Oh stop." He says.

"Why are we going to the doctors?" I ask.

"Because you fell into a freezing cold pond yesterday." Matt says.

"I'm fine." I say.

"But what if you're not?" He asks.

"What if I am?" I ask.

"Then we'll find out." Matt says.

He pulls the car out of the driveway and heads down the road. This is so annoying, it's not like I'm afraid of doctors, I just don't wanna go.

"We're here." Matt says pulling into the parking lot.

"I hate you." I say.

"I know, but you'll love me again when we get back home." Matt says.

"Depends." I say.

He rolls his eyes and gets out of the car. I reluctantly follow him into the doctors office. Matt signs me in and grabs a clip board.

"Ok, we have to fill this out." He says.

"We?" I ask.

"Yup." Matt says says.
"Name?" He asks.

"You know my name." I say.

"Do I?" Matt asks.

"Fine. Nicole Rene Sanders." I say.

"Sex?" Matt asks.

"This is ridiculous." I say standing up and grabbing a magazine.

"PMSing much?" Matt asks.

"Shut up." I say sitting back down.

I open my magazine and pretend to act busy. Though I think Matt knows I'm not interested in "Parenting Style Magazine" Who knows, might come in handy someday...pfffffffft...yeah right, like I'm gonna remember all this. Hmmm...maybe the word search on the next page will be more interesting.

"Are you pregnant?" Matt asks.

"Is that a joke?" I ask.

"No...it's one of the questions." Matt says.

"I'm not, and don't you think I'd tell you if I was?" I ask.

"I guess." Matt says.

I go back to my word search. This SUCKS, I'm not sick. I'm FINE. Get it though your thick skull Matt.

"Sanders?" A woman asks.

I gave Matt an evil look and he hands me the clipboard with all my info on it. I hand it off to the woman and follow her down the hall way into a little room with table.

"So your brother tells me you fell into a pond." She says.

"Yeah, but I was only in the water for like a couple seconds. There's no reason to worry." I say.

"Not a HUGE worry, but it's still a good idea to get checked out. Feeling any weirder then usual?" She asks.

"No, I feel fine." I say.

"Open your mouth for me." She says.

I do what I'm told and open my mouth, she looks down it and then checks the glands on my throat.

"You seem fine, just a bit shaken up." She says.

"That's good." I say.

"Yes it is, your lucky you don't have hypothermia. You're free to go." She says.

I hop off the table and skip back into the lobby with a big grin on my face as if to say "I told you so"

"We can leave." I say.

"Let me pay the Bill. Go to the car." Matt directs.

I happily walk though the parking lot. It gives me a strange high when my brother is wrong about about something. I sit in the car and bounce in my seat as Matt walks to the car. He's on his phone.

"I can kidnap Nikki whenever I want, she's MY sister." Matt says into the phone.

"Give me the phone..." I say rolling my eyes.

"No." Matt says.

"Let me talk to my boyfriend, cock face." I say.

"Fine, I gotta drive anyways. No phone sex." Matt says.

Matt hands me the phone and I put it up to my ear. Matt starts to drive out of the parking lot and into the road.

"What what was the last thing he said?" Zacky asks.

"No phone sex." I say.

"So what'cha wearing?" He asks.

"A sweatshirt." I say.

"That's hot." Zacky says.

I laugh. Matt just playfully rolls his eyes as is he knew what was being said. We pull into our driveway so I hang up.

"Have fun?" Zacky asks kissing my cheek.

"Oh yeah. You know how much FUN the doctors is." I say.

"Well did you wanna be sick?" Zacky asks.

"YOU WERE IN ON IT TOO?" I ask.

"Of course." Zacky says.