You

Talking

Draco halts inside the infirmary, staring at Huê through the opening in her curtains with wide eyes and labored breathing. Eyes closed, she lies in bed, curled up, covered to her nose.

*^°*•*°^*       *^°*•*°^*       *^°*•*°^*

The head nurse, Ms. Pomphrey, steps up to the opening of Huê's bed's curtains. "Ms. Au, you have a visitor. I can send him away if you'd like."
  "Who is it?"
  "Draco Malfoy. Will you see him?"
  She sits up and answers without hesitation. "Yes."
  The nurse steps away, and Draco is there in seconds. The look on his face is anxious, eyes wide. He's out of breath. "Huê," he breathes. "Are you okay?"
  "How did you know I was here?"
  He frowns. "Are you okay?" he repeats, sternly.
  She mentally rolls her eyes, and nods. Relaxing, Draco steps within the curtains, closes them and sits on the edge of her bed.
  "Why are you in here?" he asks. His right hand twitches where it rests on his leg.
  "I wasn't feeling well. Dehydrated. I'm fine now."
  He stares hard at her for a moment, then sighs and runs a hand through his hair.
  "I don't want you here," Huê tells him.
  "You let me in."
  "I know."
  Draco gently moves his right hand to rest on hers. "Please don't hate me."
  "I do hate you."
  He looks into her eyes, and the emotion in his makes Huê's heart hurt. "Please," he whispers. She shakes her head. He moves closer and kisses her hand. "I'm sorry." Heart melting, Huê can't look away. He has as many faces as the moon, and most of them are cold and cruel. But sometimes, he's lit up like the sun. That HAS to be the real him-when he shines.
  "Why do you hurt people?" she asks quietly.
  "It's how I was raised, Huê. I don't...I don't talk about it."
  "Well you have to."
  "Why?"
  "Because I said so."
  Draco blinks. "You're the boss of me now?"
  "If you want to label, yes."
  A slow smile curls his mouth. Her breath catches. "Okay. You get better, and we'll talk." A childlike joy lights his eyes. Huê nods, and realizes that at some point, unconsciously, she turned up her hand that he covers to hold his.

*^°*•*°^*       *^°*•*°^*       *^°*•*°^*

Draco is over the moon as he returns to his dorm. Shes going to talk to him! Even if it won't be a conversation he'll enjoy, the fact that she wants to have it is a great thing. Draco changes his clothes, flops onto his bed, and soon falls into a dream.

*^°*•*°^*       *^°*•*°^*       *^°*•*°^*

Tonight, Huê is aware during her dream. And now that she has seen what she has seen, Huê takes the dream seriously.
  Draco is sitting on a stone bench by a grand fountain. He smiles at her. "Huê. Please come sit with me?" Prompted by his politeness, she walks over and sits between him and the fountain. The light mist that graces her skin is refreshing, soothing. Draco carefully lifts her hand and kisses it. Huê can't help the smile that tugs at her mouth, and her skin tingles where his lips touch.
"Is this real, Draco?" she asks softly.
  "Do you want it to be real?" he asks, kissing her hand again, his eyes and voice clouded with intimacy.
  "I don't know," she murmurs. 'Do I?'
  "What if I told you it is?" His eyes bore into her.
  "I...I would be happy."
  "You would?"
  She nods.
  "Would you be sitting with me here, letting me touch you, if it weren't a dream?"
  "I...I don't know."
  He cups her face in his hand. "My lily."
  She breathes,"Draco...."
  "I adore you."
  Huê bites her lip and, with great effort, pulls away from his nearing face."Draco, wait."
  He smiles in understanding. "Okay, Lily. But you don't know how difficult you are to resist."
  She blushes deeply. "We have to talk."
  "Are you sure you want to have a serious talk here?" His eyes dance with mischief. "What if this isn't real?"
  "It is real, isn't it. I feel it."
  "You're correct."
  She nods and takes on a no-nonsense attitude. "Okay. So talk."