You

Not a Fairytale

Huê has tears streaming down her face, but is silent, as Draco finishes telling his story. He looks up at her, his eyes--which were glued to his clasped hands the whole time--reflecting his pain. Upon seeing her tears, he lifts stiff, trembling hands and gently dries her face.
  She wraps her arms tightly around his neck and holds him close. "It's okay," she murmurs. "You're okay." When she pulls back, Huê says, "Thank you for telling me."
  His eyes are full of awe and gratitude. "Thank you for making me tell."
  She touches the side of his face, hesitantly presses a kiss to his cheek. Draco pulls her close and hugs her tightly.
  "Huê...." he murmurs.
  And she wakes up.

*^°*•*°^*       *^°*•*°^*       *^°*•*°^*

Huê goes to breakfast in the morning, tired from waking in the middle of the night. She, Ivy and Gerard are talking about an art contest in which their school is participating, as the trio sits at their table.
  "Are you going to enter?" Ivy asks her.
  "I think so, yes."
  "Good. Your paintings are amazing."
  "I'm entering a film," says Abby.
  "Me, too," says Ivy.
  "Painting," says Dyrdrec.
  "What about you, Gerard?" Huê asks. "Are you going to enter?"
  He shrugs. "Don't think so."
  "Why not, brother?" Dyrdrec asks.
  "You should," Abby says.
  Huê smiles at him and squeezes his hand. 'Whoa....' She feels eyes burning into her. She pulls back and looks around, until her eyes land on a certain blonde in the shadows of the entryway. "Guys, I'm gonna go to the library."
  Everyone voices acknowledgement, and Ivy smiles and says, "See ya in Care of Magickal Creatures". Huê smiles back, gets up and hurries toward the entrance, from which Draco has disappeared. But she knows he's still there. As she walks quickly out, into the shadows, someone catches her from behind with an arm around the waist. She jerks in surprise, then relaxes. Draco kisses the top of her head, and she turns around, looking up at him. He smiles and brushes her hair behind her ear.
  "Hi."
  "Hi," she replies dumbly, blushing and staring.
  "You woke up too early. Trying to get away from me?" His sexy smirk is to-die-for.
  She shakes her head quickly. "No."
  He takes her face in his hand. "Come outside with me."
  She nods, and let's him take her hand and lead her out.
  Outside, they run to sit on the ground by the forest. Here, Draco takes her hand and looks down at her. "I have something to tell you."
  "I'm listening."
  "You have to promise not to push me away."
  "I found out you're a really mean bully, and a list, and I'm here."
  He winces. "Yes, well. This may or may not upset you."
  A thought hits Huê hard. 'Worships Voldemort.... How could I have forgotten?'
  He squeezes her hand tightly. "I'm a half-Veela. Your my mate."
  She just stares for a moment...cocks her head.... This information is too much...too shocking. Too unreal.
  Draco starts stroking circles in the back of her hand with his thumb, instantly soothing her. "Lily?" he asks gently.
  She bites her lip and looks away. "Does that mean...you only like me, because of instincts?"
  "No, Huê! No, not at all."
  "How do you know?"
  "I know, because every minute of every day, I fall deeper for you. My instinct has nothing to do with the person I belong with. It just showed me who that person was." Huê looks up at him, her heart pounding with the mental and emotional storm raging within her. Draco holds her face in one hand and kisses her temple. "You're my everything, Huê." He kisses her cheek. "What do you feel?"
  She loves when his voice grows increasingly intimate this way.... "Happy."
  He smiles brightly, and kisses her cheeks and nose. She giggles and let's him pull her into his arms, nuzzling her neck. Bliss.

*^°*•*°^*       *^°*•*°^*       *^°*•*°^*

All the rest of the day, Huê feels as if a weight has been lifted from her shoulders. Now she knows what's happening with herself and Draco. All the other problems tickling the back of her brain can wait until later.

*^°*•*°^*       *^°*•*°^*       *^°*•*°^*

"Are you humming?"
  Draco looks up from his homework on a library table. Blaise stands there with a brow lifted. "Was I?"
  "Yes. You're being odd today. Nearly mental."
  "Well, perhaps I am mental."
  "What's going on with you?"
  "None of your business," Draco says, still in his chipper tone.
  Blaise stares hard at him for a moment, then... "Oh! You found her, didn't you."
  "None of your business."
  "Is she Slytherin?"
  Draco pauses, gathers his book and paper, stands and starts walking away.
  "She isn't," Blaise says, and following him. "What is she, Ravenclaw? That'd be okay. Hufflepuff would be hilarious." Draco doesn't respond. "Come on." No response. "Draco?"
  Draco stops walking. "I've got to go, mate. We'll talk later." He hurries on again, aware he will be followed. Good thing Snape reserved the Room of Requirement for him.

*^°*•*°^*       *^°*•*°^*       *^°*•*°^*

Huê waits in the Room of Requirement for Draco, on a large black couch. She's so nervous to be alone with him. She hopes her black ballerina top isn't too tight, fiddles with the material of her filmy black skirt, then drops it as the door opens.
  Draco shuts the door and smiles at her. "Hi."
  "Hi."
  He sits by Huê and takes her hand, then relaxes visibly.
  "Are you okay?"
  "Yes. I just feel stressed when I'm away from you."
  "Oh." She scoots closer, so their legs are but an inch apart, and mimics his smirk. "Better?"
  His eyes flash with emotion. "Yes."
  "Good."
  He kisses her hand and holds it to his heart with both hands. She blushes deeply.
  "I like when you blush," he tells her. Huê's face grows even warmer, and she rolls her eyes. He strokes her cheek, and as she's being lulled into a sense of security, Huê forces herself to snap out if it.
"Draco. What are we going to do?" she asks, trying to speak in a no-nonsense tone, and not let on how dreamy he makes her feel.
"You mean, are we going to let people know?" She nods, and he sighs, sitting back. "This is a very tricky situation, Huê."
"I know, but--"
"You want to not be kept secret."
She nods.
"You deserve to not be kept secret, Huê. You deserve respect and acknowledgment around the clock, really you do. But I can't give you that. Not yet."
"...Because of the House feud, I know. I know it's dangerous because of that. But, are you ashamed because of it, too?" He looks at her and starts to reply, but she doesn't let him. "Don't lie. You still hate Gryffindors." Draco rubs a hand iver his eyes. Huê notices that all his movements are leisurely, until he's angry or spiteful--like when he hurt Neville--but even then, the movements are still languid, and with purpose. Like a feline. She loves that.
"If you don't want me to lie, I won't."
She holds her breath.
"When you sat for the Sorting, I knew you would b Gryffindor. When the result was proclaimed, it hurt. But I knew that it was the best place for you. Slytherin would destroy you. Ravenclaw would suffocate you. Hufflepuff would limit you. At a certain age I learned that Gryffindor was good, and we were bad. I was bad. And I still hated the House because it was opposite mine. Now I guess...added to that, is I hate that I'm not good enough to be anything nut Slytherin."
Huê gazes at him for a long while, then gets up, sits in his lap, and wraps her arms around his neck, resting her check on top of his head. She knows closeness is the best thing for his soul. His breath catches, but he is tense for just a brief moment before he hugs her tightly to him. Huê strokes his hair.
"You are good enough, Draco," she murmurs. "You are."
"You're wrong. I'm not--"
"I'M. SAYING. YOU. ARE," she says, softly but firmly. "You ARE."
His arms tighten around her, and he buries his face in her shoulder. "I love you, Huê."
Her first 'I love you'. It's not a fairytale, like most girls dream for. It's BETTER. It's real, honest, raw, sweet and passionate, and Huê is certain that there has never been another in all of time just like it.