Status: whenever i can.

Sea Side

In The Sea

Her weathered hands sailed through my sea of hair. “You’ve grown to be so pretty, Anna.” My mother always called me “Anna” – like a birthright.

“Mother…” I replied, a timid blush forming on placid cheeks. I could feel her smile radiate behind me. Mother always felt like hot sand.

I wanted fishtail braids, I think. Their name alone reminded me of the Silver Ocean. Warm, tangled, and infinite.

“I heard there’s a boy. I see him drive you home from your beach days.” Mother had no idea of my mystic journeys to an ocean void of violence.

“He’s Flynn and I’m in love,” I replied, my ocean eyes fixed upon the Great Sea.

A short, breathless laugh softly left her chest, vibrating in the air. “Baby, that’s beautiful. You should bring him by the lake house.”

Sea house, you mean,” I corrected, my voice hitching at the vicious Sea. It was the constant aggressor in our life-long relationship. She was the scorned wife and I was the battered child. Her waves had tried to wreak havoc upon my lungs and very being. The Great Sea never tasted as sweet as the salty Silver Ocean.

“Oh, you're right,” Mother sighed, her pixie voice my lifejacket from an island of thoughts.

Mother was forgetful since Daniel left, I think. Daniel was my dad – the man who bore me from his rib. I never truly knew Daniel. Just simple bits and pieces. Daniel was like a sea dollar – hard to find, but easily lost. Mother used to craft epic tales of Daniel living on a ship; trying to tame the Great Sea. But I never believed her. No one could domesticate a wild beast.

“There,” Mother whispered her tone tender. “Braided and ready for that boy.”

“Thank you, Mother.” Today, I was going to woo Flynn Corbett.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have mild face claims for Flynn and Annie. Please don't be a silent reader! c: