Texas Was You

Chapter 2

"Do you think Antoine's sister is hot?', asked Tyler, adjusting his bolo tie in the mirror.

"Don't go there, Segs. She's going to college at North State and everyone knows your reputation", teased Jamie.

"She's from France, I don't think they heard of me in France, bro. Besides, French chicks are so hot", he laughed.

"Lucky we're going to Monica's, Billy Bob is really intimidating. Too bad Jordie's not joining us, he's got a date with Christy", said Jamie, trying not to laugh as Tyler pretended to crack a whip.

"He's whipped, Dallas has the hottest chicks and he's going to be missing out", laughed Tyler.

"Jordie's not a womanizer like you, Segs. One day you are going to meet a girl who is going to knock your socks off", said Jamie cheerfully.

Tyler just flipped him off and followed him out the door, walking down the hall and knocking on the door. "You ready, I hungry", said Valeri.

"We're ready, Val. At least you're not rocking the Ed Hardy", said Tyler, clapping the oung Russian on the back.

"Da, I want to dress American. And it stupid I can't drink, US drinking law sucks", he said with a grimace.

"I know, Val. Let's roll", said Tyler.

Jamie drove his gray Range Rover to Main St. in downtown Dallas and parked in a garage, seeing a text from Antoine. "They're waiting outside Monica's", he said.

Lisette waited outside with her brother and Alex, scanning the people around them. "Bonjour, mes amis. This is my sister Lisette Roussel and these are my friends and teammates Tyler Seguin, Jamie Benn and Valeri Nichushkin", he said as they all shook hands.

"Welcome to Dallas, Miss Roussel", said Jamie politely.

Tyler shook her hand and smiled, liking what he saw. Sweet, French chicks are hot, he thought with a grin. Lisette was about 5'9 in heels and slim with light ash blond hair loose around her shoulders, wearing a denim skirt just above her knees and a sea-green blouse that was a shade darker than her green eyes.

The group went inside and Lisette was aware of Tyler next to her, his brown eyes taking her in. "So, what position do you play, Mr. Seguin? And you are French?", she asked.

"Call me Tyler, that's my dad. I think we got French somewhere in the family, but I only speak English. And you guys don't want to teach me any", he teased.

"All you want to know is the curse words, Segs", retorted Antoine.

"He's right, Segs", said Jamie as Lisette giggled.

"I can teach you bad words in Russian, Tyler", said Valeri.

"Awesome, Val. Then no one knows what I said", he joked.

"You like Dallas, gaspadeyn Roussel? Texas interesting place", said Valeri.

"I like what I see so far, Mr. Nichushkin. But I have a week before classes start, maybe I can do some sightseeing", she replied.

"Call me Val, that a lot to say. We take you to Billy Bob's sometimes", said Valeri.

"That's the huge Texan place in Fort Worth, Miss Roussel. It might be a bit overwhelming for a newcomer", said Jamie.

"Please call me Lisette. The only thing we see about Texas in France is Dallas and King of the Hill", she replied.

Tyler felt vaguely irritated, biting his lip and moving closer to her. I gotta cool it, he reminded himself.

The group was escorted to a booth in the corner and handed menus. Tyler found himself seated next to Lisette as he pretended to read the menu. "Can I get you something to drink?", asked the waitress.

"I will have a Pernod and then a gin and tonic with Sapphire", replied Lisette.

"Damn, that sounds fancy. I'll have a Corona and a shot of Herradura on the side", said Tyler.

"Get that for all of us, but give him a Coke", said Jamie, pointing to Valeri as the big Russian scowled.

"This stupid, I drink in Russia when I sixteen", said Valeri in disgust.

"Val, we're going on a road trip to Winnipeg and Alberta in two weeks, you can drink all you want", said Jamie.

"Are you sure that is a good idea, mon capitan?", teased Antoine.

"I Russian but not stupid, my French comrade. I know when to stop with vodka, I no drink crappy American vodka", he boasted.

Lisette sipped her Pernod and watched their banter. "You ought to try the taco or the enchilada platter, it's not too spicy", suggested Alex.

"Toaster is right, there isn't any Mexican food in Brampton except for Taco Bell and Boston doesn't have much either", said Tyler.

"Toaster?", she asked.

"That's what we call Alex, it was one of the few English words he knew when he first came to the US", explained Jamie.

"It is true, my English was tres mal when I first came here from Montreal, but the ladies don't mind", Alex laughed.

"Oui, mon ami Quebecois", chuckled Antoine.

After dinner, they watched as a band started setting up on stage as tables and chairs were cleared around the dance floor. "They have salsa dancing after hours", Jamie explained.

Tyler sipped his tequila and felt the warmth of the liquor go through him, a slow smile forming on his lips. The band started playing and he watched as Alex and Antoine got up from the booth and head on over to the dance floor. "Do you want to dance, Miss Lisette?", he drawled.

A blush creept up her cheeks as she let him lead her onto the dance floor, seeing Alex watching the dancers while Antoine danced with a brunette in jeans and a red halter top. "Looks like your brother is going to get lucky", he chuckled.

"He have better not take her back to the flat", she said primly.

"Then you can crash with us, baby", he teased.

Lisette was pleasantly surprised when Tyler turned out to be a good dancer, taking her in hs arms and leading her in the dance. "My mom insisted I take dance lessons in high school, she didn't want me stepping on girls' feet at the prom", he chuckled.

Lisette was feeling very good as she continued dancing with Tyler, noticing that Antoine had left with the brunette. "Looks like you're crashing with us tonight, Miss Lisette", he joked.

Alex nodded in agreement. "Oui, Segs. Just make sure she gets back tomorrow, lucky my room is far from his", he said dryly.

"Antoine get lucky, he French and dance. I don't dance, myabe if I have vodka", said Valeri good-naturedly.

"Val lives in our building, he'll drive us back", said Jamie.

They settled the bill and walked across the street to the garage, Valeri getting his keys from the valet and opening the doors to a gray Tahoe. "This is my baby, first American car", he said proudly.

"Once you live in Texas, you got to have a truck, it's a Texas thing", said Jamie.

It was a short drive to their condo as Valeri parked the Tahoe in the space and bid them good night. "We'll get the truck tomorrow, my brother's on a date with his girlfriend and he's at her place", said Jamie as he opened the door.

"This is our place, make yourself at home. I'll get a shirt for you", said Tyler, going to his room and returning with a plain white t-shirt and shorts.

"Merci, Tyler", she said as she went to the bathroom to change.

Jamie just shook his head when he saw Tyler's gaze riveted to her ass. "Segs, you are lucky Antoine isn't here or else he'll kick your ass", he chided.

"His sister is hot, and she's got that whole Ice Princess thing going on. This is going to be interesting", he chuckled.

"Whatever, just don't do anything stupid, Segs. We got practice tomorrow", Jamie reminded him.

Tyler just shrugged and turned around to see Lisette in the shorts and t-shirt. His mouth went dry at the sight, seeing the shirt cling to her breasts and the shorts exposing her long legs. "You can have my room, I'll take the couch. Good night", he said, going to his room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the comments and to all my subscribers, you guys rock \m/