Status: I hope you guys like this!

Can You Fix the Broken?

Serious Conversations and Jack Daniels (Part One)

A/N: Sarah is Dr. Smith; in case any of you forgot.
*Austin’s P.O.V.*
I was in the waiting room, anxiously drumming my fingers on my thigh. “Austin Carlile.” Sarah called. She had a reassuring smile on her face. Alan tightly squeezed my hand as we followed Sarah into the room. “You know the drill.” she laughed. I smiled and climbed onto the bed then pulled my shirt up to my chest and my jeans down a little. She put the cool gel onto my stomach. She moved the wand around a little, trying to find the small blob. “Aha! Found it!” Sarah smiled. She pointed to the dark spot and Alan moved closer to the screen. “We did it. We’re actually going to have a baby.” he whispered.

Sarah got a confused look on her face. “Wait a minute.” she whispered to herself. I looked at the screen and saw the last thing I ever expected. “You’re having twins.” Sarah smiled. Alan and I were just as shocked as Sarah.

I noticed that Alan was crying. “What’s wrong?” I asked softly. “I just love you so much and I-I can’t believe th-that w-we’re starting a family.” he looked at me and I kissed him. “I love you too. This is going to be one amazing family.” I smiled. “Yes it will.” he sighed in content.

After I got cleaned up, Sarah asked me how many sonograms we need. “One for each of us, Phil, Tino, Shay, Justin, my dad and I’d love for you to have one.” Alan smiled.

We had given everyone a sonogram and decided that we were going to stay at Shay and Justin’s for a few. “Camille said her first words today.” Shay said causally. “She did? What were they?” Alan asked excitedly. “She said ‘I love you’ but it sounded more like ‘A wov you’.” Justin smiled.

Alan and I were so excited about Camille saying here first words. It made me even more excited to have children. I’m still shocked that I’m having twins. “Austin, let’s go over to Shay and Justin’s. Their car just drove by so I know they’re home.” Alan suggested. “Sure.” I smiled and grabbed the car keys along with a sonogram.

Alan and I got into our brand new black SUV and drove to Shay and Justin’s. When we knocked on the door, Justin greeted us with a squeal and hugs. Shay was on the couch watching his fiancée in amusement. Justin was even happier when we gave them their sonogram. In celebration, Shay fixed dinner and Justin bought ice cream.
Although I was extremely glad to be pregnant, I was also very careful about what I ate. I kept a hand on my stomach at all times even though the babies wouldn't be kicking for months. I made sure I didn't move around too much and I refused to do anything too physical.

Alan and Justin went off into their own little world while they played with Roxxy and Camille. “Austin, we need to talk.” Shay frowned. I stuttered out and “Okay” and walked out onto the back porch with him. Austin, you need to calm down and stop worrying about every little thing. All you’re going to do is get too stressed and lose both of them.” he told me. That’s all it took for me to break. I held my stomach while I cried. “I ‘m just so scared, Shay. I can’t lose these two. I wouldn't be able to take it.” I said through sobs.

Shay and I sat down while he rubbed my back. “You and the babies will be fine. You and I both know why you lost Emily. We both know that it wasn’t that unexpected.” he sighed. I didn't know I was pregnant when I fucking tried it! I didn't know that I was going to end a life before it started!” I almost screamed. He just sighed again and continued to rub my back.
*Flashback*
“Austin! Shay! You have to come try this!” Oliver yelled. Austin and I walked to Oli’s room and saw him with a bag of small pills. “Is that ecstasy?” Austin asked in a disapproving yet curious tone. Oli nodded and again, asked if we wanted try it. After a moment of contemplation, we agreed.
*End of flashback*
I didn't know that that stupid decision would screw up my life this bad. I guess I fell asleep because Shay had to wake me up. We went inside and Alan rushed to my side. “We’re going to head on home. Love you guys.” I smiled. Bye! We love you too.” Justin smiled back.

When Alan and I got home, I was not expecting what we saw when we walked in. My father was in the kitchen with a bottle of Jack Daniels and for the first time since I was eight, I saw him smoking. “DAD!” I shouted when he toppled over. “They fired me, Austin.” he slurred. I sighed and Alan helped him onto the couch.

This has happened many times before. He should get better soon. Key word: should. Hopefully he’ll get another job soon. I can’t support him like I did last time.
♠ ♠ ♠
To be continued...