Status: I will update every second comment. this is my first try in this so I would love some feedback.

Heart's Desire

chapter twenty seven: 99 problems and love is not one.

Its dramatic if you think about it; me in New-York while the anthem plays in my head and my bags around my shrugged shoulders. That was the way I imagined entering NYC. Not like this.

A jet? A jet? Really? I keep saying the mantra in my head. The Jenkins have money sure enough just like the Lawson's but they go all out. Mine keeps it mellow and cool. No jets. Ships. Just a butt load of casinos my father owns. My muscles were tightened and my head was aching. Sure enough my nerves played a huge part on why I am- is- was so tensed. "Jess?"

My head looks up from my book to see Carter with a small smile, his eyes extra bright as the sun ray escape through the small window illuminating that marbles. The sound of Frank Sinatra played in the background while the clicking of heels matched as the stuart goes up and down presenting I and Carter with wine, champagne and a whole lot of foods that I even can't pronounce. "Yes?"

"Are you alright baby?"

Am I? "I think I am." My hand reach his, slowly forming circles on his palm. "I am nervous. Its normal right?"

"What off?" He inquires startling me as he slams the book in front of me closed. Looking back into those blue marbles I shook my head. "Talk to me."

"I am considered a college student; a senior now and you a-"

"Still on that subject Jessica; I thought we cleared that up when we took flight?" He says cooley.

"I..." I just stopped right there without even finishing my sentence. What's the use.

It hurts to love someone and not be loved in
return. But what is more painful is to love someone and never find the courage to let that person know how you feel. I did that and it still hurts in more ways than one. For example; the pain I feel was not loving him but hiding him. I want to walk down the street with Carter hand in hand. Feel like I am in a relationship. This is not one. This is hiding.

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." He whispers

"Douglas Adams." I respond looking out the small window as we pass the white clouds.

"And its here with you Jessica." His thumb trace down my chin yanking my head towards him. "I will find a way for us to be together."

"You sound very sure of yourself Carter." I spat out irrittably.

"I don't wanna argue over this nonsense."

"Sometimes couples have to argue, not to prove who's right or wrong, but to be reminded that their Love is worth fighting for." I shrug down my seat biting my lip. "You do love me right?"

He just gaze at me and sighed. "I need a drink. Something with more than 5% of alcohol." He stood up and walked away.

Well this is gonna be one long summer.