Home Is in Her Arms

Chapter 13

It was the next night, and I was in the dark library. I had spent the night there wondering and waiting. Wondering what I really felt for Gerard, but mostly I was waiting for Gerard to come after me, to show me that he really cared. But after a few hours of waiting, I knew he wasn’t coming.

I looked down at the pages from the book I was currently holding, but couldn’t remember what they were talking about at the top of the page. But as I read the book, I could feel my eyes start to water every once in a while. I’d sit there and try to control the urge to cry. But it got so bad that I would have to put the book down and wrap my arms around my waist and take a deep breath. As I took in the air, I heard the big oak door being opened. I felt my heart skip a beat, hoping it was Gerard, but that sadly crumpled since all I saw was his father, Alexander.

“Ah, there you are Analisa, everyone has been wondering where you were,” he told me as he entered the room and come closer to me. I pushed my books to the side and moved over so he could sit down on the leather couch. He looked over at me and I knew he could see my watery eyes, and I saw his joyful expression turn into a sad one, “what’s wrong?”

“Have you ever used your powers for you own personal use?” I asked him and started to play with the ends of a pillow.

“Well yes, I wouldn’t have much control over my people, now would I?”

“I know, but I meant in a more personal way, like with close relationships?” I asked him, not bothering looking up.

“Oh yeah, I have. But it was not a good experience. Why do you ask, I mean you don’t have that power,” he asked me. I nodded and knew I didn’t have the power, nor did I want it. I mean I could lose control over everyone and everything.

“It’s just Gerard used his,” I spoke softly, still embarrassed to look up.

“Oh… I see,” he nodded his head to let me know he understands and wanted me to continue.

“And like, he didn’t let me feel what I really felt. He manipulated my feelings to have it more beneficial for him,” I explained.

“Hmm… yep, he is my son. I did that with his mother. She was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. I wanted her, I need her. She made me feel whole. But after I changed her, she reacted the same way you did. But you just need to give him another chance. If he did then, he really cares about you Ana.

“There is this old wise tale that has been passed on for years. It was rare and unheard of, but I knew it existed. I mean I experienced it. They said that there is this one special person out there, one for every vampire to find. Most are very unlucky and are never able to find them. But for some, it’s extremely special and powerful; it can move people’s opinion and give them hope. And you my dear, is that one special vampire for my son,” he explained to me. I looked up at him confused and shocked. Was he just lying to me so I would go back to his son? Or was this old wise tale the truth? I swallowed the lump in my throat and was about to say something, but was cut off by a heart ranching scream. My eyes shot up and so did Alexander’s. Within seconds we were off the couch and running up the stairs. As we reached the top of the stairs, I heard the scream yet again and I knew who it belong to. I quickly ran down the hallway and stopped at Bob’s doorway. There, already in the room was Bob and Gerard, stood near the bed. Bob sat down quickly and grasp her hand. My mouth fell open as I pushed my way past Gerard and stood at the end of the bed where I saw Cay, squinting her eyes in pain. Her back was arched and I could see her knuckles were turning white. Her skin was extremely pale, she was sweating heavily and her teeth were clutched.

“Is she going to be okay?” I asked to no one particular.

“She’s in her last phase of her transformation,” I heard Bob whisper as he tucked some of her hair behind her ear. I heard another scream coming from her and I shook with fear.

Then suddenly I felt a hand grab mine. I looked down and saw Gerard’s pale hand. He squeezed it lightly letting me know that it was going to be okay. I looked up at him and saw hid red puffy eyes. My heart sank as I saw the sadness in his eyes. Maybe Alexander was right, and that I should give Gerard another chance. But it still kills me to think that he used his power to make me feel love for him. I looked away from him and saw that Cay was stiff as a board. Her eyes suddenly opened and she sat up quickly, gasping for air.

“Whoa, relax, lay back down Cay,” Bob said softly to her and tried to have her lay back down. As she was forced to lie back down, her eyes were wide with both shock and fear. She had no idea who this guy was, and how he knew her name. She searched the room and saw me. I saw that she calmed down at bit, but she looked at Bob’s hand that was on her wrist, and next thing we knew, it was being forced off of her, with an unknown force. He was shocked and tried to move it, but it was like it had a mind of its own. He looked over at us in shock and I covered my mouth. I looked over at Cay and she was lost in a daze and that’s when it hit me.

“Cay, let his hand go,” I whispered to her and slowly moved to the edge of the bed. I lightly rubbed her leg and nodded my head. She shook herself out of her gaze and started her heavy breathing. She shot right up and at the same time, Bob’s hand was released and he looked at it in amazement. She moved down the bed and engulfed me and a tight hug. I could feel her tears soaking my shirt, but I didn’t care. She was alright and I never wanted her to endure that.

“What happened to me…?” she whispered.

Image

“So you’re saying that I am a vampire?” she asked in shock as she was pacing my room. I didn’t explain it to her right away because of the shock, but it was time that she knew now. She stopped dead in her tracks and stared at me, “And you’re like the future queen of the vampires?”

“Yes,” I nodded and smile at her, but soon it faded with the thought of me walking down the isle to marry Gerard. Just the thought of that turned my stomach upside down.

“Wow, this is actually really exciting!” she said happily and jumped a few times. I smiled at her happiness, letting her experience the thrill. But inside, I was hurting, dreading and fearing the next time I was alone with Gerard. Of course I wasn’t going to sleep in the room again, but just the thought of us being alone in the kitchen together, scared me. And now I would never know what I am feeling in that moment was what I was actually feeling, “And I can move things with my mind!”

“Yes you can Cay,” I nodded and pushed the thoughts of Gerard out of my mind.

“And you can do what?” she asked me and sat down on the edge of my bed.

“I can see into the future. And Gerard can make people feel things or take away what people are truly feeling. And his brother Mikey, he has super strength. And his wife, who you met, Zanira, knows where someone is at that moment. Then there is this girl Nikki who can feel when someone is in pain. And her brother, Bob, who you met, has super hearing and can hear a conversation like three football fields away. Then there is this short guy named Frankie, who is super fast, like unbelievably fast. And Ray has the coolest power, he can read minds, super duper cool,” I explained to her each and everyone’s powers. She was both shocked and excited to know everything about vampires. I envied that, I wish I was just as egger to find out about what I was getting myself into, or what I was forced into.

“Wow,” she looked down and studied the bed pattern and the room became awkwardly quiet. I looked over at Cay, who slowly looked up at me, “What is wrong between you and Gerard, it was like cutting the tension with a knife?”

“We had a bit of a falling out. He did something he shouldn’t have done,” I told her softly as I stared at the bed cover. Then suddenly there was a loud knock on the door. It slowly opened and there stood Gerard in the doorway, looking at the ground and then up at me. I bite my lip and looked to the ground and I heard Cay sigh.

“I guess I will leave you two alone, I will be downstairs Analisa,” she told me and patted my hand. I felt her stand up and walk out of the room. After she was out of the room, I heard Gerard close the door and the room grew in awkward silence.

“Listen Analisa,” I heard him sigh, but I didn’t bother looking up, “I know you’re mad at me, but you have to understand. There was something inside me that made me do this, like it was either this or not having your feelings returned. You had no idea what I was feeling Analisa, I was so confused that I wouldn’t be able to keep my mind off of you-“

“But that doesn’t mean you can go around and make me feel this way. You should have let me chose on my own. Maybe I was starting to like you, maybe I was starting to fall in love, but you messed that up Gerard. Now how could I love you, you manipulate me into thinking differently,” I yelled at him and stood up. I was breathing deeply as I stormed up to him and stared him in the eyes.

“I am sorry, what else do you want from me?” he yelled in my face.

“Nothing, I want nothing from you. You lie and cheat, how can I ever want to really be with you, when our whole lives were going to be a lie?”

“Why do you think I told you? I didn’t want to lie to you; I didn’t want to keep this a secret. I am sorry that I am insecure about myself and just needed you to help me.”

“Whatever Gerard, maybe one day I will forgive you for this, but I know it wont be any time soon,” I hissed at him and pushed passed him. I heard him growl and kick the edge of the bed. That’s when I felt sad that I was putting him through this, but I wasn’t going to be the one to give him. I would never let someone back in after the misused me and lie to me. Maybe there wasn’t any hope for this relationship; maybe it was doomed from the start…
♠ ♠ ♠
comment my story please.