Home Is in Her Arms

Chapter 5

“I guess we should get to bed,” I whisper, but she continued to ignore me and look all around the room, “Would you at least look at me damnit!”

She quickly turned her head and glared at me. But it didn’t matter since I was glaring right back at her. She had crossed her arms across her chest and took a deep breath in. Then it hit me, there was no way I was going to stay mad at her. She just looked to adorable, wait…Gerard what are you saying, get a grip, I continue to say to myself, “I am looking at you, what more do you want?”

“I would at least like to get some respect from you. I know this whole thing is hard on you, but it’s hard on me too Analisa. I didn’t choose this neither,” I said rather loudly. Suddenly a groan came from the floor and shot right up. We both turned to look at her as she stood up and picked up the blanket she was using.

“You both are so loud, I am sleeping on the couch,” she said sleepily and walked out of the room, leaving Analisa and me alone. I sighed as I walked to the unmade part of Analisa’s bed and started to pull down the covers.

“What do you think your doing?” I heard her ask but I continued what I was doing, “Did you hear me?”

“I heard you loud and clear princess,” I told her and fluffed the pillow. She pulled the pillow away from me and glared at me.

“You are not sleeping in my bed. You are to sleep on the floor,” she commanded me, but I just chuckled. I pull the pillow out of her hands and laid it back on the bed. she tried to pull the covers back up, but I just held her wrist and stared into her eyes. I thought for a moment I was going to lose it and break her. I pulled away quickly and thought it was not good to continue talking to her, for the fear I might hurt her. I didn’t bother looking at her as I sat on the bed and got under the covers. I let my head rest on the pillow as I heard her climb into bed. We were laying there for a few minutes when suddenly I felt something hit my back and next thing I knew I was laying on the ground, staring up at the ceiling.

“Analisa,” I growled and stood up to see that she was sitting Indian style on her bed with her arms crossed, “You act like an immature child. You are so selfish and it’s driving me crazy. If you like it or not, you will marry me and that’s that, there is no way out of it. So just suck it up and act your age!”

“Go to hell Gerard,” she hissed back and climbed out of her bed. She walked out of her room, slamming it in the process. I sighed and sat on her bed. Everything was so wrong here. How could I live with her if she just acts like a child? I don’t think I will ever love her.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After leaving Gerard in my room, I hurried down the hallway and opened my mom’s door slightly. She was lying in bed peacefully and her steady breathing told me that she was sleeping. How can she sleep with all the noises and yelling Gerard and I were making? I sigh and stepped into her room, shutting the door quickly. I walked towards her bed and slide in next to her and looking up at her. She must have sensed she was not alone as her eyes fluttered open and she looked down at me, smiling slowly.

“Analisa?” she asked confused but also happy at the same time.

“Mom, I can’t do this,” I told her and really meant it this time. I didn’t want to be with Gerard at all. He was rude, self center and arrogant. I played with the sheets as she sighed.

“You haven’t even tried and you’re already giving up,” she whispered and held my chin, forcing me to look at her.

“But mom all he does is yell at me and call me immature. How am I supposed to be happy with him doing that all the time? I don’t want to be with him, he will only make my life a living hell,” I told her and felt my eyes start to tear up. I let a few out as she gave me a small smile.

“Hunnie, I know this is going to be hard, but you have to stay strong. You father wouldn’t have agreed if he knew it was best. But it’s safe to say that you haven’t even given Gerard a chance yet, he is a very charming boy,” she tried to convince me.

“Mom, are you serious? You want me to give him a chance? I will not, not after all the stuff he has said to me. He is the immature one out of us,” I said and pulled away from her, “Plus my father doesn’t even know me, so how does he know it’s for the best. He’s dead and he has no idea that what he did was wrong and ridiculous,” I said angrily and let a few more tears fall out.

“Sweetie, don’t blame your father. He only wanted what was best for you. He wanted to know that you would be taken care of when he was gone. He loved you Analisa, he was your father,” she said and I cried even more. She was right, how can I be mad at him when he was trying to protect me and be a good father. I wrap my arms around my mom’s next and cried against her shoulder. She ran her hand through my hair, like when I was little to help me get to sleep. While laying there and thinking about all the stuff I had said to Gerard and what I had done, I knew I was being the immature one and that I should act more my age. I was wrong about everything and I knew I had to apologize. I sighed and looked up at my mom and I knew I was going to miss her so much. She had always been there for me and I always knew I could talk to her.

“I think I should go talk to Gerard,” I whispered and she nodded.

“That would be a very good idea,” she whispered back and kissed my head. I slipped out of her bed and walked out quietly. I leaned against the wall and decided I need to collect my thoughts before I go back into my room and talk to him. after a few minutes, I slowly walked down the hallway and opened the door quietly. I walked in and closed the door. I saw he was laying back down in my bed and facing the other way. I knew I was mean to him and that I should be more accepting, but I hardly know him and I was suppose to marry him. I sighed as I walked closer to my bed and got under the covers. I move close to him and bite down on my lower lip.

“Gerard?” I whispered hoping that maybe he was sleeping.

“What?” he hissed and I knew I was wrong.

“I wanted to apologize. What I did was wrong and immature,” I told him and he turned around to look at me. I looked back at him, my eyes telling him that I was sorry and that I will start acting mature. He sighed and nodded. I felt relief and I smiled weakly at him. Then he completely surprised me when he leaned over and kissed my forehead sweetly. I’ve always wanted a guy to do that, but no one ever did.

“Sweet dreams Analisa,” Gerard whispered and then smiled. He turned back around and faced the wall. I was stunned and my mouth hung open. He kept surprising me more and more. I laid down in my bed, still completely confused and shocked. I closed my eyes and fell into a much need deep sleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up the next morning and felt my arms wrapped around something. I slowly opened my eyes and saw Gerard laying like he was last night, but with my arms around his waist. I was pressed up against his back and hold him close to me. I was about to yell when I closed my mouth. I must have had done this when I was sleeping, I convinced myself and slowly pull my arms away from him. I heard a moan escape his lips and him rearrange after I pulled my arms away. I slowly moved all the way to the other side of my bed and stood up. I stared down at him as he turned over and his hair fell into his eyes and I felt my heart start to flutter. What was I feeling for him? I stood there and looked down at him and realized that he was handsome and had a strong face. He was extremely pale, like unnaturally pale, but he had a semi built body. His longish black hair that had fallen into his eyes, gave him this boyish, but adorable look. Maybe being with him won’t be so bad; I said to myself and walked out of my room. I walked down the hallway and smelled something cooking in the kitchen. I smiled and I knew that smell anyway. It was my mother cooking me my favorite breakfast. She had cooked chocolate chip pancakes. I smiled and walked into the kitchen and wrapped my arms around her waist.

“Good morning mother,” I said and kissed her cheek.

“Good morning dear,” she replied and I turned around to see Cay sitting at the table. I smiled at her as I sat in the chair next to her.

“Sorry about last night, I didn’t mean for us to get loud and wake you up,” I explained to her and she only shook her head.

“Don’t worry about it, couples always fight,” she smiled and I laughed. I shook my head at her and rested my head on the table. My mom had finished her pancakes and had sat a stack down on the table. I smiled up at her and pulled some of them onto my plate. I poured some warm syrup on them and started to cut them when Gerard walked in. He looked over at me and smiled a bit. I smiled back and bite down on my lip. What was I doing? One day I hate him and want nothing to do with him and the next, I am being a love struck teenager. I sighed as I went back to my pancakes and ate them slowly.

“Good morning Gerard, would you like some pancakes?” my mother asked him as he sat down next to me.

“Thanks but no thanks Carrie. They look so good, but I am not hungry,” he smiled sweetly at her and she nodded as she sat across from Cay.

“So what time are you guys leaving today?” My mom asked us and I just shrugged my shoulders. I turned towards Gerard and he smiled at me. I felt myself start to blush and I turned to my pancakes. What the hell was wrong with me?

“Well my father plans on leaving as soon as breakfast is done,” he said a bit sad, knowing it was going to upset me.

“That early?” I asked surprised and shocked.

“I am sorry, I didn’t think it would be this earlier neither,” he told me and I knew he was telling the truth. I sighed and pushed away from the table. I hurried out of the kitchen and ran into my room. I didn’t want to leave so soon. I loved it here and I didn’t want to be in any other place but here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Analisa,” I heard a soft voice call out as I sat on my bed. I looked up and saw that Gerard was standing in my doorway. I sighed and stared at the floor, “it’s time to go.” I nodded my head as I walked towards my few bags and started to pick them up. I suddenly felt a hand on mine and I looked up at Gerard, “I’ll get them for you,” he smiled at me and I let them go, not wanting to fight again. I nodded and walked out of my room and outside to see that everyone was in the car and my mother along with Cay were standing next to it.

I slowly walked out and towards them. I saw my mom had tears in her eyes and mine were wet too. I bite my lower lip as I ran towards your and wrap my arms around her. I cried into her shoulder and she held me close.

“I don’t want to go mom,” I cried and she kissed the top of my head.

“I know sweetie, but we all have to do things we don’t want to do,” she explained and I nodded, “I love you so much sweetie, and you can call me anytime you want.”

“I love you too,” I smiled and then turned towards Cay. She was trying so hard not to cry, but I ran towards her and hugged her tight, “I promise to call you everyday and I promise to visit you offend.”

“Alright, I’ll miss you,” she said and I nodded.

“I’ll miss you too,” I let go of her and Gerard opened the car door for me. I smiled weakly at him and slide in and he ran towards the driver seat. He slide in and started up the car and took me to my new live…