The Untouchables

Violence Is A Terrible Thing But May Be Necessary When Provoked (Although No One Should Ever Be Push

All throughout the next school day, it seems that the only thing that Frank can talk or think about is the confrontation that’s going to occur after school. Gerard almost has to tell him to shut up, but then reminds himself that this is not just a fight for Frank, but that it is liberation. Gerard supposes that it’s understandable for him to be so excited.

Gerard meets Frank at his locker after school, and his usually happy friend looks livid. Not only that, but there’s a patch of dirt on his neck and small scratches on his jawbone. Gerard is quick to realize that something must’ve happened between Frank and his tormentors.

“What happened?” Ray asks, appearing suddenly beside Gerard, and making the older boy jump in surprise.

“My P.E. teacher decided to let us have a free period outside,” Frank explains. “So those assholes decided to play what they called ‘Smear the Queer’.”

“That’s so not right,” Gerard sighs.

Ray furrows his brow, beginning, “About that. Frank, I’ve been hearing from… well, everywhere, that you’re gay. And I’m not going to care, but I just want to know if it’s true.”

Frank’s eyes dart around the hallway before he answers, “I’m pansexual, actually, I just tend to prefer guys.”

“Do you like anyone?” Ray asks, smiling.

Frank blushes, eyes flicking over to Gerard subtly. “Yeah.”

“Who is it?” Ray questions. “Can you tell me?”

“Not really,” Frank mumbles. “He has… black hair and green eyes, and he’s really sweet.”

Gerard’s interest is pricked, and he gives Frank a look, but the boy refuses to make eye contact with him.

“Good luck, Frankie,” Ray wishes. “Make sure you tell him soon, kiddo.”

“Well, I don’t know about that,” Frank mutters, tonguing his lip ring nervously.

“Let’s go,” Ray orders, heading down the stairs. Gerard and Frank follow closely behind, and they all drive to Gerard’s house, where they really can’t do anything, not even eat or watch movies or play video games, because they’re all anticipating the fight, even though it’s not due for at least four hours.

Before the boys know it, it’s about time to leave to go fight. They find themselves primping and priming in the mirror, and Gerard catches,

“Hey, Frank! Take your piercings out.”

“Thanks,” Frank slurs, folding his lip to remove the ring.

“And these guys seem extremely fond of shoving your underwear up your ass, so I suggest that you A. Not wear any underwear, or B. Wear a belt, and a good one,” Gerard suggests.

Frank blushes, murmuring, “I think I’ll wear underwear.”

“I wouldn’t,” Ray advises. He turns his back to the boys, and without much of a warning, pulls down his pants, and then removes his boxers, balling them up. He slides back into his jeans, and places his underwear into his backpack. “Doesn’t hurt to be safe.”

Frank scrunches his face. “Won’t your balls like bounce around and stuff?”

Ray shrugs. “I don’t know. I have pretty small balls, personally. But my dick is decently sized-”

Gerard interrupts, “If you could refrain from talking about the size and shape of your genitalia?”

Ray laughs, and asks,

“Gerard, you wearing underwear or what?”

“Well I don’t really have to worry about the whole thing about them moving around,” Gerard admits. With that, he too slips out of his shorts, pulling off a pair of Batman boxer briefs, which he proceeds to toss into the hamper. He steps back into his shorts and gazes at Frank expectantly.

Frank grumbles, “Well, I’m not going to be the only guy wearing underwear.” He asks Gerard, “Where’s the bathroom?”

Gerard raises an eyebrow. “Why so bashful, Frankie?”

Frank’s cheeks flush, and he can feel the heat rise throughout his face. “N-no real reason.”

“Then change in here,” Gerard remarks, sitting back on his bed.

Ray sits down next to Gerard, agreeing,

“Yeah, I don’t see what the big deal is. We’re all boys here.”

Frank blushes even more as he unbuttons his jeans, tugging them slowly to his ankles. His face burns bright red as he undoes the snaps to his pink garters, which were hooked onto the legs of his pink, lace panties with hearts. He unfastens the bottom to the garters as well, which were attached to his pale pink thigh socks. Gerard scrambles to look away, even more embarrassed than Frank, whilst Ray doesn’t bother to turn his cheek, but watches Frank, utterly fascinated by his friend’s extensive lingerie. Frank squirms back into his jeans, pantieless, and Ray can’t help but remark,

“Frank, I must say, you certainly upgraded from the tighty whities.”

“SHUT UP,” Frank growls.

“I think you look cute, but it’s whatever,” Gerard mumbles from his seat next to Ray. “I’m gay, I mean, I know what guys look good in.”

“Thanks,” Frank replies. Ray is staring at the heap of lingerie balled up in Frank’s hands, and Frank barks, “Are we going to do this or what?”

“Sure,” Ray answers, rising. Gerard stands too, and all of the boys head out to the car.

On their way out to the car, the trio runs into no one but Gerard’s younger brother, who plants himself in their path, stating,

“You can’t go. I don’t want you to get hurt.”

“Mikes, move,” Gerard sighs.

“No,” Mikey responds, completely blocking their route.

Gerard gives another sigh and scoops Mikey up, swinging the small boy over his shoulder. Mikey pounds on Gerard’s back to be put down, and Gerard finally drops him off on the couch, warning,

“Remember, don’t tell mom, or I will fucking end you, okay?”

“Fine!” Mikey snaps, crossing his arms.

“Good,” Gerard mutters, and he finally makes his way out the door to Ray’s car.

The party’s in the middle of nowhere, so there’s a lot of Ray searching in the depths of his mind and Frank picking random ones when it comes with which road to take.

A drive that should’ve been ten minutes was easily twenty, but this is trivial, since they arrive at the house when the party appears to be in full swing.

They amble through the house, searching for the three guys, but to no avail. They finally found them after about ten minutes in the backyard.

Ray whispers, “Fuck, I can’t do this shit.”

“You’re fine,” Gerard assures, voice lowered.

“We’re going to fucking die,” Ray hisses. “Two of them are juniors, for Christ’s sake.”

“That doesn’t mean shit,” Gerard insists. “Get a grip.”

One of the other boys spots the trio, and guffaws, pointing,

“Look, the Three Muskequeers showed up!”

The other two laugh, and one demands,

“Iero? You here to find some dick or what?”

“Fuck you!” Frank yells.

The boys all stand, and slowly approach Frank, Gerard and Ray.

“What did you say, you little puissant?” one spits.

“Fuck you, I’m finished with dealing with your shit,” Frank replies.

“Oh?” a boy responds. He approaches Frank, and presses his index finger into the center of Frank’s chest. “And who said that you decide when you’ve had enough?”

Frank swings at the boy, who manages to dodge it. He grins and kicks Frank in the shin, the firm tip of his shoe making solid contact with Frank’s bone. He then brings his foot to Frank’s crotch, and Frank drops like a rock. The other boys hurry over, one attacking Ray, and two kicking Frank’s huddled figure.

Gerard rushes over to where Frank is being hit, and he is shoved away from Frank. He launches himself over Frank and at one of the boys, bringing him to the ground.

And that’s the last thing Gerard remembers clearly. He remembers small details of the fight; his hair being pulled, and the crunch of that kid’s ankle when Gerard tackled him.

The boy burst out screaming, and all of the boys from both sides froze, transfixed in fright. Finally Gerard got up, and helped Frank to his feet.

Gerard initially felt terrible. He’d just meant to get the kid to leave Frank alone, not shatter his ankle. But something dark, some sort of chemical for revenge manifested in Gerard, because he kneeled next to the crying boy and spat,

“Fuck with my friends again and I’ll send you right back to the hospital, bitch.”

Gerard looks from Frank to Ray, and mutters,

“Let’s go.”

The other two bullies actually make a path for Ray, Frank, and Gerard, likely not wanting to make any trouble with any of them now.