Status: Expect slow updates. I work full time... and I'm lazy. :)

Midnight Flight

Paralyzed

“There!” Said Starfire as she pointed the team to a distorted creature using one of the four legs attached to his head to punch through the jewelry store window. Just as the alarm went off, he spit a wad of venom at the alarm speaker, remembering where it was from last time.

“Don’t you remember what happened last time you tried this?” Robin asked coyly as the five confronted him. Fang turned surprised, before grabbing a handful of pearls and leaping out and clinging to the side of a building. But he was not as quick as Cyborg, whose sonic cannon fire hit just next to him, causing him to fall, landing on his feet.

“More pearls for your girlfriend, I presume?” Raven asked annoyed before levitating a few necklaces out of one of his spider legs and tossing them back into the store.

“She has not escaped too, has she?” Starfire asked furiously as she threw a few starbolts at him. He blocked them with his eight legs.

“Maybe.” He replied before blocking some of Robin’s birdarangs.

“Raven, get the rest of those pearls out of his hands! I mean legs! I mean, just go!” Robin ordered as he dodged a bullet of venom. Raven floated up next to Starfire.

“Azara‒” She cut herself off with a loud, almost choking gasp before being mysteriously thrown backward and onto the ground. She laid on her back breathing heavily, her eyes wide.

“Raven!” Starfire exclaimed as she zoomed off to her friend.

“Starfire, watch‒”

But it was too late. Fang at hit her with his venom, and she fell to the ground like a board; her body stretched out into her straight flying form with her arms stretched out in front of her. Her mouth was closed and her face was contorted with worry. Robin dashed to them; barely missing several venom shots. Beast Boy, who at this point had transformed into a T‒Rex, began stomping furiously in attempt to crush Fang beneath him.

“Raven, what happened?” Robin asked almost furiously as he knelt in between her and Starfire.

“BB, hold him still!” Cyborg shouted, trying to aim his sonic cannon at Fang instead of Beast Boy’s giant feet.

“I... I don’t know.” She cast a worried glance at the frozen Starfire. “We need to get her home.” Robin nodded and hurriedly picked her up and held her to his side with one hand, almost like a surf board. He watched as Raven struggled clumsily to her feet clutching her head in pain.

“You need to rest.” Robin said in realization.

“No, I’m fine.” She claimed trying to regain her composure.

“You’re not fine, Raven. Why don’t you‒”

“I can fight!” She argued with a fierce glare.

“I don’t care if you can fight! I’m telling you to stand down!” Raven was taken aback. She merely stared at Robin in surprise. “Take Starfire back to Cyborg’s car. We’ll meet you there!” Robin handed Starfire to Raven, who handled her awkwardly across both her arms before watching him rush back into battle.

Raven used Robin’s method of holding Starfire like a surf board as she headed to the car. When she tried putting Starfire inside, she was forced to roll down one of the back windows in order to fit her across the backseat. Her hands and some of her forearms were forced to poke out of the window. When Raven was finished, she plopped down in the front seat with a frustrated huff.

“We are having a serious talk when that venom wears off.” She mumbled. A low hum emerged from the figure in the backseat. Raven had forgotten that the victims of the venom were still fully conscious. She recalled Robin being able to speak when he was attacked with the venom. However, Starfire’s mouth was fully closed. Raven smiled to herself at this thought... before a higher pitched noise was heard. Raven sighed. “You’re going to be fine.” She said annoyed. “Just give it a few hours.” Starfire let out a frustrated grunt. “Look, I don’t know what you want me to say. Just wait for the venom to wear off, alright?” She finished, still annoyed. Starfire sighed angrily.

They waited for about a half hour in silence before Cyborg and Beast Boy approached the vehicle. Cyborg sat in his driver’s seat looking happy and ready to bust a move. Beast Boy opened the passenger door and gasped in disbelief.

“Where am I supposed to sit?”

“You’ve got wings, BB. Star needs the whole backseat.” Cyborg told him as he glanced over his shoulder at the frozen body.

“Ugh!” Raven closed the door in Beast Boy’s face. Cyborg rolled down the window.

“Don’t give us that look. You could always turn into a rat and hop on the back of the R‒Cycle!” He joked before flooring the gas; leaving Beast Boy in dust gawking.

“Hmm, I don’t get the front seat very often.” She said with a small grin. She glanced behind her briefly. “Thanks for getting paralyzed.”