Status: On Going

The Unknown

Chapter Three

Chapter Three

Sasna throughout the car ride glanced at her best friend sitting up front. The fact that Lyanna eyes never left the window did not go unnoticed. And she and Jon both noticed how Robb kept looking over at her. In fact Jon pointed it in a low voice. His husky voice that made a shiver run up her spine. His breath passing over her ear. Sansa nodded her head as they kept their heads relatively close to peer at the two in the front of the car.

“Theres so much snow.” Lyannas voice rang through the silent car. Sansa peered out the window and noticed that it had started to snow flurry on top of a newly laid patch.

“Its snows at Vale.” She pointed out. Lyanna never looked away from the flurries falling outside of the window. The white flurried outside as the car zoomed closer to home, to winterfell.

“Not this much. It snows in vale only a couple of inches, not feet.” She said staring out at the road in front of her now. Turning her head Lyanna made eye contact with Robb and gave a light smile. “Its beautiful.” Sansa watched her friend with fascination. Especially when she turned and smiled at the both of them. Sasna felt her own face turn on a smile. Lyanna was like that. She could make you smile with just saying the most simple of things. Sansa looked out the front window.

“Lyanna, thats our home. Winterfell estate.” Turning around Lyannas eyes widened at the stone house that was sitting up on the hill.

“Winterfell Estate was established by the old kings of the north. Before Your ancestors built kings landing, ours built Winterfell. It was first established by-” Robb started trying to seem smart. Sansa started to laugh as Lyanna cut in.

“Bran the Builder. Holding the title of Warden of the North, making sure that the northern lords were kept in line. But before they were just a Warden of the North, they were kings. Until Aegon the Conqueror came and the Northern King, Torrhen Stark noticed the power he commanded and gave up the control in order to remain at peace.” Lyanna said never taking her eyes off of the stone building.

“Robb, shes double majoring in both Theatre Design and History.” Sansa said as Robb pulled into the front gates. “Shes like a walking encyclopedia.” Jons deep laugh was heard throughout the car.

“I’ve never thought I would see the day that Robb Stark got outsmarted by somebody.” He put in. Robb pulled the car to a stop. Turning around in his seat in a flash he glared at Jon.

“She didn’t outsmart me, she simply pulled a fast one on me.” He seethed.

“Don’t worry, I will try to hold my tongue from now on.” Lyanna said with a slight frown. Sansa looked over at her friend. Noticing the slight look of distress on her friends face.
“Come on Lyanna, lets go meet my parents.” She said irritated now. As Lyanna got out of the Car Sansa slammed her door shut. Jon turned to Robb and shook his head.

“I messed up didn’t I?” Robb asked Jon as soon as he knew the girls were out of earshot.

“Just help me grab the bags.” Jon said getting out of the car. Robb grabbed Lyannas trunk as Jon grabbed Sansa.

Sansa led Lyanna into the house as she wrapped her arm around the girl.

“Oh great, you couldn't have left her at the airport now could you?” Arya’s voice rang over head. Coming down the stairs in her ripped jeans seemed to be covered in paint.

“Its good to see you to Arya.” Sansa said with a bright smile. Lyanna looked at the short haired brunette standing in front of her. She rolled her eyes as she started to walk into the living room.

“She seems nice.” Lyanna said with no hint of sarcasm. She was always saying things like that. Sansa always took it as a good judge of character.

“She can be.” She replied back dragging her friend into the kitchen. “Mom, Dad! She said breaking away from her friend. Running into her mothers arms she hugged her dearly to her. Returning the same affection as well to her father.

“Mom, Dad, this is Laynna Targaryen. My best friend from Vale.” Catelyn walked up to the girl and wrapped her arms around her.

“Welcome my dear, we are pleased to have you here for winter break.” She said with a smile.

“I’m pleased to be here.” She returned the smile. Sansa went back over to her friend. “I’ll go show you to our room.” She said giving a quick wave to her parents. “We can talk more at dinner.” she said smiling at her parents. Both gave reassuring smiles to the girls. Sasna dragged Lyanna up stairs and into the third bedroom on the right. Two beds were laid out on either side of the room.

“I know you have your own room at kings landing, but I thought that this would be better for you. So you won’t have to be alone.”

“Thank you Sasna.” Lyanna said walking over to the bed. the soft mattress was made out of memory foam. “This is softer than my own back home.” Turning to sit on the bed, Sasna watched as her friends face got very serious. “Your parents seem very happy to see you. Not the reaction I was expecting. You didn’t tell them did you.” Sasna knew what she was talking about.

“It isn’t that big of a deal. Besides I’m not in his class anymore. And you stopped him before he could do anything.”
“Sansa, listen to me, it was and still is a big deal. He almost -” She stopped and talking as her head snapped to the door. Jon Snow was standing there with Sansa’s bag. Sansa’s eyes grew wide as Jon had on a face of knowing.

“Did something happen at Vale?” He asked. Sansas lips quirked up in a smile.

“No nothing.” She replied back to Jon in order to keep his mind calm. Before he could say anything, Robb appeared at the door with Lyanna’s bag.

“Jon, are you just going to stand there, take the bag in!” Robb said giving his shoulder a little shove. Jon mumbled a sorry as he walked over to Sansa’s bed placing the suitcase on top of it. Robb did the same with Lyannas, as Sansa realized that Robb was nodding his head for her to leave. Turning around, Sansa ignored the tingling feeling her fingertips received as she placed a hand on Jon’s bicep. His eyes had a flash come over him as she felt the muscles constrict under her touch.

“Jon, can you show me what Robb did to the basement. I think Robb has to say something to our guest.” Turning his head towards Robb and Lyanna Jon nodded his head, and gave the two a wave goodbye.

“He has to say what now?” Lyanna asked as her eyes followed Sansa out of the room. Sansa only smiled at her friend as she slowly shut the two in.

“So, Jon, want to show me this movie theatre you and my brother had made on your time off?” Jon gave a slight smile as the conversation earlier was put in the back of their minds.
***
Lyannas back was towards Robbs as she watched her best friend leave with the other. Turning back with a small smile on her face as to not seem rude, just like her Aunt Dany had taught her, to always be nice. She walked over to her bed and Sat down on the mattress the foam melting to her form perfectly. Robb remained quiet as he slowly walked over to his sisters bed and sat down. The silence that filled the room for a good 30 seconds was awkward.

“So, are we just going to sit here all day and not say anything until dinner?” Lyanna asked as she peered at Robb through her eyelashes as she kept her head down but slightly up. Trying not to make eye contact.

“I’m an idiot.” He said loudly. Lyanna was startled by this. Her head shot up as she peered at this man in front of her.

“Excuse me?” Not once has ever said that to her. Usual it was people telling her to know her place.

“I’m sorry, I’m a fool, and Idiot. I shouldn’t have said what I said in the car.”

“You shouldn’t say that.” Lyanna said. An automatic response.

“Why not, its true. It was very rude to tell say that to you.”

“No!” Lyanna said standing up immediately. Robb’s eyebrows furrowed together. “You really shouldn’t. I had no right. As a bastard I had no right to interrupt a High born like that. So please forgive me.” Robb’s face grew dark with worry.

“A bastard? Nobody thinks about those things anymore. A person is a person and should be respected.”

“Up north. But in Kings Landing, I would punished, possibly even face a high fine if the I kept it up. In the south, even a Legitimate bastard is still a bastard. Especially when you are a Targaryen one. So please, forgive me, for my insolence. I sometimes forget due to the kindness your sister shows me. But its not proper.”

“Why do you have to be proper with me?” Robb asked taking a step forward. He had only heard rumors and stories about this strange creature in his presence. He also once overheard his parents talking about her. When he was younger. Jon was playing with him when he was about 6 or 7. Jon’s mother sitting with his parents. Talking about the tragic plane accident that took most of the targaryen line with it. Except for a couple.

“You are the heir to Winterfell. If my uncle ever got wind that I outsmarted a royal bloodline heir, then he would be furious. Its different in the North.” She said. Robb reached out and took her hand.

“That means nothing to us up here. Correct me all you want. Your uncle will never get wind of it. I was being an ass to a beautiful girl who I just met. So I am apologizing to this girl, I have only heard wonderful things about. Winterfell is a safe place. Jon is a Bastard, and he is treated with the same amount of respect as I am. We do not grow up thinking any different of one another. You are safe here. I promise.” He says holding her hand tightly in his own. Robb looked into Lyanna’s eyes as the frown on her face and worry seemed to disappear. To Robb this was like watching a fireworks for the first time. Her face grew into a blazing ball of light as her smile grew genuinely happy.

“I’ll hold you to that promise.” She said in a voice that made Robb’s heart beat fast. It was strange for him to feel this way about a girl, even one he just met, but with everything he heard from Sansa and reading about her in the papers, he seemed to have gained a big crush on her. Lyanna released her hand from his as she walked over to the door. “We should go find Sasna and Jon. I want to see the rest of Winterfell before dinner!” She exclaimed happily. Opening the door and walking out. Robb just stared at her retreating form looking at his hand that just held hers. The tingling feeling like his skin was on fire still burned at the tip of of his fingers. And he couldn’t repress the smile that overtook his face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment, subscribe, thoughts are always welcomed.