Status: work in progress, bare with me.

Why so Serious?

Mistake

Dark, quite, smelt of sweat, blood, musk and death. I wasn't tied to a chair like last time, but my hands were bound together, I was hungry and had no idea how long I was in here for. I wanted to feel around to see if I could find a door, but I could tell that there was something dead in here with me; I didn't want to chance meeting it. I could feel my stomach cramp from no food and my mouth was feeling dry from the lack of water, I let out a sigh and slumped forward; I should have taken the tracker that Bruce gave to me. I should have no had that fight with him and said the things that I did, because I knew that right now, not even the Joker could find me.

I shifted my position and felt a puddle to the side of me, slowly I placed my finger tips into it and brought it to my nose, the smell was horrendous; I gagged softly and quickly wiped the liquid onto my bottoms. My toes touched the cold sending a shiver up my body, I had to get out of here or I was going to die.

I slowly pushed myself off the ground and stood, I could tell that I was in a room because of the cement flooring. I took a few steps forwards and looked around but was only met with complete darkness, I took a few more shuffled steps and stopped, I placed my bound hands out and hoped that I would find a wall or door. Maybe a glass of water. I continued to shuffle around until I hit something hanging from the ceiling, my body hit it hard causing me to land to the ground with a thud.

"Shit." I muttered.

I stood once more and reached out to what it was, I could feel the clothing and closed my eyes tightly. It was a person, that was dead and hanging from the ceiling. I reached high and felt around there pants for a phone, nothing. Swallowing the lump in my throat I walked around them and continued to hope, I hoped to find a light or a door, I hoped there were no more bodies. The farther I walked the stronger the stench became, until I finally hit a wall. I followed the wall reaching out to find switch or door, I don't know how long it took but I did find something, I found a light switch.

Closing my eyes I flicked it on, I heard the electricity going through the bulbs and saw the light from under my eye lids. After a few seconds I opened my eyes staring at the wall allowing my eyes to adjust, when I turned around I almost vomited.

Bodies, they were sprawled on the floor and hanging from the ceiling; it was a large burial. On the other side of the room was a large metal door, I looked at the ground of bodies and then at the door. I didn't think but instead moved and hoped that the door would be unlocked, when I reached the door I stopped and took a deep breath.

If it was locked, I was dead.

If it was unlocked, I had no idea what was on the other side of that door. I didn't know what my fate would be, I felt my head become light as I suddenly felt weak. Groaning I turned the knob and to my surprise it clicked open. I was greeted with fresh air and darkness, I had no idea where I was or if I was even in Gotham any more. I looked down at my body for the first time to see cut marks, bruises and dirt. They left me here to die.

But the mistake they made, was not killing me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you enjoyed this.