Status: Completed.

Different Dimension

Twenty.

13:42
To: Zack
From: Martin

Hey, my classes are over for the day – want to hang out for a while? xo


*

14:03
To: Martin
From: Zack

Sorry, I can’t, I’m just heading into a Photography Society meeting. Maybe later? x


*

14:04
To: Zack
From: Martin

Sure, yeah, text me when you’re finished xo


*

Things just hadn’t been right between Martin and Zack, not since they’d arrived back to campus. Martin knew it was his fault, at least mostly, because of their lack of communication. But he was trying to make things better, he really was. Everything just seemed so stilted, like they’d taken a step back in the progression of their relationship, and Martin didn’t know what to do to make it right again.

It wasn’t that Zack was being standoffish. Far from it – they still spent at least a little time every day together – but Zack always seemed to be doing something else when Martin wanted to spend time with him. He knew he was being unfair – Zack was a social person and Martin shouldn’t begrudge him that. But ever since Martin nearly lost his boyfriend through his own stupidity, he just wanted to latch onto his sunshine-cheerful hulk, and he hadn’t been able to do that.

Martin didn’t know if Zack felt the same way. Yeah, Zack still lounged in his arms and would happily sit on his lap in public and hold his hand as they walked. And yeah, they’d exchanged a fair few enthusiastic blow jobs. But there still seemed to be some hesitance coming from Zack, like he was holding back, like he didn’t fully trust Martin yet. And Martin didn’t know how to win him back.

While Zack was at his Photography Society meeting, Martin headed over to Kennedy and John’s house, Paul still having a personal tutor session to wait on campus for. His two friends were playing some sort of racing game on their Xbox, but Martin really wasn’t paying attention, if he was honest. He was far too caught up in his thoughts, trying to think of all the ways he could win Zack back, how to prove to the younger guy that he was serious about them.

He didn’t notice the doorbell ring, or Kennedy heading out of the room to answer the door.

He did notice John’s sigh of relief though, and turned his head to see Paul standing next to him. Great.

“Thank fuck, you can break him out of his funk,” John groaned.

“I’m not in a funk,” Martin muttered.

Asshole.

“Yeah fucking right. You’ve been sitting there in silence, completely zoned out like you do when you’re thinking too much,” John snorted.

“It’s been an hour since you last spoke, Marty,” Kennedy said, smiling sadly.

Wow. Whoops.

“What’s wrong?” Paul frowned.

“I don’t know,” Martin sighed, “Things just aren’t right yet,”

“Between you and Zack?” Paul guessed.

Martin just shrugged. "I made an incorrect assumption and we argued badly. We've made up but things are still off,"

“Why are you getting so caught up over a freshman? He’s two years younger than you,” John scoffed.

“Because he’s fallen ass over tits for him already,” Kennedy grinned.

“What?” Martin spluttered.

Ass over tits is a slight exaggeration.

“Oh come off it, my cousin can’t keep her mouth shut, remember?” Kennedy shrugged, smiling.

“Typical freshman,” John muttered.

“Don’t get all high and mighty, John Ohh. I know all about you fucking Alex, their freshman friend too,” Kennedy shot back.

John blushed slightly, making Martin narrow his eyes. Nosy freshmen had their uses, it appeared.

“Hypocrite,” Martin snapped.

“I’m not dating Alex though. It’s nothing serious, it’s just sex, that’s all. We both acknowledged that. He’s only a freshman, for fuck’s sake,” John shrugged.

Martin just scowled slightly. Why should he be made to feel bad about dating someone two years younger than him?

“It’s not like it could be anything serious,” John added.

“Oh my God, enough!” Martin spluttered, “My relationship with Zack is no-one else’s business, okay?”

Kennedy and John held their hands up in surrender. Martin didn’t dare look at Paul though. His best friend could read him like a book.

“You need to talk to Zack, smooth everything over,” Paul said softly.

“I know, okay? I know. I just don’t want to upset him,” Martin grumbled.

“You’ll upset him more if you don’t talk to him about it,” Paul retorted.

“I know,” Martin sighed.

He knew.

“Great. Let’s stop talking about freshman now, okay?” Paul suggested.

“Why? Because you don’t want to let slip that you’re also sleeping with a freshman?” Kennedy said simply.

Paul blushed heavily, John and Martin’s jaws dropping slightly. What the fuck?!

“What? You didn’t think I wouldn’t find out that you’re sleeping with Sierra?” Kennedy mused.

Oh wow. That…That was unexpected.

“You, uh, you’re not mad?” Paul asked awkwardly.

“Of course I am, but I’m going to wait until you least expect it to punch you for seducing my cousin,” Kennedy shrugged.

“She seduced me!” Paul protested.

Oh God. Too much information.

“Don’t talk about my cousin like that,” Kennedy warned.

Paul sighed, running his hand over his head. “How about we just talk about something else entirely, huh?”

“I second that,” John nodded.

Wow. At least he wasn’t the only one fucked up because of a freshman. But Zack was worth it. He had to be. Because Martin hadn’t felt like this for anyone in a very long time, and he would be damned if he wasted it. He had to make things right with Zack again, he just had to.
♠ ♠ ♠
Bless Martin. He really does spend too much time in his head.
How will he make things right again?

Thank you to everyone who read the last chapter, and to the following for commenting! Please keep your feedback coming, I really do appreciate it :)

I'd.Be.Your.Tears
xMareBear14x
Forever Young.
Tattoo
fiction246

xo