Razorblade Kiss

Chapter Seventy Eight: Waiting Game

~At the Hospital~

As you lay in the hospital bed waiting for the doctor. You start to think. Wow soon I will have a little baby to hold. Ville, me , and our child will be a family. This has to be one of the best days of my life. Your thoughts were interrupted by the door opening. Ville walked in and over to you. He placed a kiss on your forehead and sat down next to you.

“Ape, Phil , and the gang are all on their way. Bam’s gone to get some coffee. Has the doctor been in yet?”

“No but I hope he comes soon I want an epidural. This pain is too much.” You said with a smile. Ville laughed.

“You know that you having my child and going through all this makes me love you even more.” Ville said as he leaned in to kiss you. His lips touched yours and your body went numb. You felt nothing but Ville’s lips on yours.

Your kiss was interrupted by Bam walking in and taking a seat. He was soon followed by the doctor.

“Well Mrs. Valo lets see what we’ve got here.” He said as he examined you.

“Can I have an epidural?” you asked with puppy dog eyes.

“No I’m sorry but you are too far along in your labor for that.”

“How much longer do you think it will be before she delivers?” Ville asked with concern in his voice.

“I’d say about another hour or two.” The doctor said with a smile.

“I’ll be back in an hour to check on you.” The doctor said exiting the room.

You and Ville looked at one another. Ville smiled at you like he had never done before. You could tell he was excited and nervous. Your moment was interrupted by April, Phil and the gang entering the room. (I know you keep getting interrupted but bear with me) April ran over to you and gave you a big hug.

“How you feeling Hunny?” she asked with a motherly tone.

“Yeah I'm okay for now.” You said as you felt another contraction come. You screamed in pain. Everyone in the room jumped. Ville started to stroke your hair and he leaned down and whispered in your ear.

“I love you baby. Just breath it will be over soon.”

The pain soon subsided and you noticed that everyone but Ville had left.

“Ville, where is everyone?” you asked with a confused look on your face.

“Rabb, Dico, and Dunn freaked out when you screamed so they are in the waiting room. Phil and April joined them. Bam got a call and had to head back to the house. He will be back soon.” He said with a smile.

After some more painful contractions the doctor finally came back. He examined you and whispered something to the nurse.

“Well Mrs. Valo looks like you’ll be having this baby very soon.” He said with a smile.

You looked over to Ville and saw a huge smile on his face. He leaned down and kissed you tenderly.

“Soon Love, Soon.” Was all he said.