I Remember

Chapter 15

Bam entered the room and came over to me, a sad expression on his face.

“She’s gone isn’t she?” I asked my voice even and clam, which surprised me.

“I’m so sorry Angel.” Was all he said as he placed his hand in mine.

I looked down at Brandon and couldn’t help but think that he had to pull through. He wasn’t in my dream, so I hoped that he would be alright.

I sat there for hour like that, Bam’s hand in mine and my other hand holding Brandon’s. My mind was blank and I felt numb as we sat in silence. The nurses and doctors filed in and out, checking on Brandon, but Bam and I never once moved. After a few more minutes of silence I spoke.

“Bam, I’m going to go home, I need to lay down, it’s been a very long, hard day.” I said releasing his hand and standing up.

“Okay Angel, do you want me to stay here in case something changes?” He asked.

“If you don’t mind.”

“Not at all, I will call you if anything changes.” He said as he stood and wrapped his arms around me. I held him close, thankful for his warmth and support. We held on to each other for a bit before I pulled away and gave him a weak smile. I left the hospital and drove home, listening to the HIM cd that I found in the car. As I listened to my husband sing, I knew what I had to do, what I was prepared to do. I finally had an answer to those haunting words he spoke to me on that path.

“Baby, join me in death.”

My answer was yes.