Status: New!

Love Never Felt So Good

32

Sidney returned from the arena, tired, sore, and downtrodden. The Penguins were on a four game losing streak. It was only November, and they had already lost four games in a row.

“Bails?” He called into the house. Zeus greeted him, tail wagging and tongue lolling out of his mouth as he followed his Daddy into the house and upstairs to the top floor. He pushed the door open to reveal his fiancé in their bed, Belle at her side and her foot propped up on three pillows as it was wrapped in an ace bandage with an ice pack draped over her ankle. “Bails, what happened?” He asked with a frown, greeting her with a quick peck.

“Bad sprain today in class. I had to go to Urgent Care and have it taken care of.” She replied.

“Baby, you’re supposed to go to LA next week.” He said quietly.

“I already called and said that I could come and just watch, but the production company said that I should stay back if I wasn’t able to get up and dance.” She sighed. He frowned even further for her. “I know, I already cried about it and I’m recovering.” She sighed.

“I’m so sorry, Sherriff, I know how excited you were go to back and be with Beyoncé.” He said, stroking the rise of her cheek with his thumb. “Are you in much pain? What can I get you?” He asked.

“No pain.” She shook her head. “I took half a vicodin and ate some mac and cheese, so I’m doing pretty good.” She smiled, making him smile.

“I’m sorry, Bails, this is no fun.” He tried to give her a smile.

“Eat something.” She encouraged. “I’ll fire up Netflix.” She kissed his lips softly. “And will you grab me a pudding cup? Actually, two pudding cups?” She requested. Sidney smiled, kissing her quickly.

“Anything for you, babe.” He replied, turning to walk to the closet. He quickly undressed, leaving his pants on the closet floor before changing into a pair of sweats and a soft cotton t-shirt.

He head back down to the kitchen, filling the dogs food dishes for dinner before pulling out a Tupperware of homemade chicken and wild rice casserole that Bailey had made that weekend for dinner. He heated it up, grabbed a few cornbread muffins and her pudding before returning to the bedroom.

“You’re the best.” Bailey smiled, reaching for her treat. Sidney saddled up beside her in the sheets, not minding that both dogs were now laying by their feet, hoping for a dropped crumb. Sidney never ate in bed before he met Bailey. Now, it was weird to go a week without having a little snack while they caught up on their Netflix shows.

“Oh, lemme get a bite of that.” She wiggled, excited to see the leftovers.

“This is mine!” He said, defending his supper. “I asked if you wanted anything and I brought you the pudding.” He said, pointing down to the little Trader Joe’s packs.

“Yeah, but now I want that.” She said, eyeing up the dinner. “And there’s enough in there to feed three people.”

“We share.” He said decidedly, setting the container between them on the bed.

“How was it today?” She asked, taking a big bite of dinner.

Sidney shrugged, sighing softly before taking a long drink of his Powerade.

“Shitty.” He said honestly. “We need help on the blue line and in the net.” He muttered. “The puck possession isn’t there, the drive isn’t there. I don’t know what’s missing, but we have no spark whatsoever.” He offered.

“It’ll come babe, the season is still fresh. You’ll all be back to your normal swing of things before yo know it.” She squeezed his thigh.

“What about you? What happens now?” He asked, looking down at her ankle which looked about double the size of her left ankle. “Wait a minute, how did you get home? Did you drive?” He asked, wide-eyed.

“No, my assistants drove me out and one of them drove their car, too. Sweetest girls ever.” She praised. “I’m going to have them over for dinner sometime. But now we hang out, wear an ugly brace, take some vicodin.” She shook her prescription pill bottle from her nightstand. “Super exciting – also I will need some help in the shower tomorrow.” She smiled.

“I feel like I am able to help with that.” He grinned.

“Mal and Ginger are going to be taking over a bit while I’m injured, so I’ll be around the house a bit more.” She sighed. “I suppose now I can come to more home games.”

“Training time for some housewife duties.” Sidney winked, making her roll her eyes.

“You wish, Crosby.” She stuck out her tongue. “Plus, I’m already a great housewife. You can’t tell me you haven’t noticed your boxers and t-shirts are softer since I took over laundry duties.” She waved her spoon at him. Sidney absolutely noticed the things she did around the house, making sure the laundry was always done, the fridge was always full of the things he needed, that she hid her treats so he wouldn’t be tempted to eat them, and that the home was almost always spotless – even with two dogs running around.

“You’re already the best little wife ever.” He leaned down, giving her a kiss and getting a swipe of chocolate pudding on his lips.

“I think you’ll make a pretty okay husband.” She said casually squealing as he nipped at her side with his finger. “Be nice! I’m injured!” She scolded.

“Pudding me.” He demanded, smiling as she scooped up a big spoonful of the chocolate dessert.

“Vero sent me a text of her latest ultra sound today.” She grinned, “I know what it’s going to be.” She teased, wiggling her eyebrows.

“No you don’t!” Sidney said, “Marc won’t even tell me what it is! Howcome you get to know?” He asked.

“Because Vero loves me!” She grinned, “and I get to help throw the baby shower.” She said, “So I took that in lieu of payment.” She giggled.

“I bet it’s another girl.” Sidney said, “that’s why Marc is being so tight-lipped.” He reasoned, looking down at his fiancé for any sort of reaction. “It’s a girl, isn’t it?” he asked.

“I’m not saying!” She insisted, “I was pinky-sworn to secrecy.” She replied, “I take pinky swears very seriously.”

“I want to know.” He whined.

“Aww baby, you’re so cute.” She kissed his cheek.

“So you’ll tell me?” He asked.

“No.”

- - -

Bailey was having a banner year. Her music video with Beyoncé had just come out, she had just received a huge check from the entertainment company, enrollment at her studio was up, and she had gotten to hire three new teachers to help take on the new classes.

That, and Beyoncé had RSVP’d to her wedding.

It was going to be an outdoor affair at a cottage in Nova Scotia, on the other side of the lake from their home there, and though it was only the end of December, Bailey had already squared away the caterer, florist, live band, tuxedos, table and chair rentals, all the décor (black and gold as per Sidney’s request) and Bailey had even found her dress.

Today, Bailey would be picking Sidney up from practice a little early, which she cleared with the coach himself, to head down to a bakery not far from the arena where they’d taste cakes.

In Pittsburgh, the news was out. Everyone knew that Sidney Crosby was marrying Bailey Bradford and it was the absolute talk of the city.

Bailey waltzed into the Consol where the team was practicing that day. She greeted the security guard and asked how his wife was, parked just beside Marc and Vero’s family car and let herself into the arena.

She could hear the familiar scrape and slap of the ice, and of course, the smell.

“Bails.” She turned upon hearing her name. Sidney exited the dressing room, looking handsome as always in a pair of jeans and a Penguins sweatshirt. “You look nice.” He smiled at her fitted jeans, cozy sweater, tall boots and puffer vest.

“Thanks, baby.” He met her half way, kissing her lips.

“Ready for some cake?” She wiggled her eyebrows, “does Kadar know that’s why you’re leaving today?” She asked.

“Yes, he knows that’s what we’re doing, he lobbied for carrot cake.” Sidney laughed, lacing his fingers with hers. They exited the arena and drove down to the bakery, Athena’s, where several different samples of delicious cakes awaited them. After discussing and sampling for about half an hour, they finally settled in a red velvet with butter bream frosting, the shape, and the cake topper.

“I can’t believe the wedding so far away, still.” She said, swinging their hands between them as they walked down the street. “I feel like we’ve already been planning forever nad it’s still six months away.

“Yeah, I feel like it’s definitely taking it’s sweet time to get here.” He nodded, aware of the people that were snapping their photo. Sidney stopped in the snow-covered sidewalk, wrapping his arms around Bailey before dipping her and planting a hot kiss on her lips. When he returned her to a full and upright position, she stared at him with big eyes.

“What are you up to, Crosby?” She asked with a laugh, cheeks burning pink.

“You have to figure that once they get the shot they want, they’ll go away.” He tried to reason.

“And here I thought you were being romantic.” She rolled her eyes. He captured her hand in his, pressing a sweet kiss to her temple.

“I am romantic.” He justified. “I just really wish that people would afford us some privacy.” He muttered. “If I would have known it was going to be this annoying, I would have taken you up on the eloping idea.” He added. She squeezed his hand in his.

“Deep breaths, baby.” She encouraged. “I made us reservations for dinner.” She smiled, “I was thinking we could stop by the galleria afterwards, there’s a store or two I want to go into.” She squeezed his hand again.

“Where for dinner?” Sidney asked.

“Teddy’s,” she replied, naming one of his favorite steakhouses. “Thought you would appreciate a steak.” Sidney squeezed her hand back.

“Best wife ever.”

Arriving at the galleria, the first store they walked into was Len, a high-end boutique where Bailey bought a lot of her sun dresses and nice tops.

“How’s this one?” She asked, sliding the curtain to her dressing room back. Sidney lounged on an overstuffed bench with a bag from the shoe store next to him. He let his eyes sweep over the floral dress, a gold zipper down the front. Her breasts looked great and her legs looked long, something he knew she’d appreciate.

“I like this one.” He nodded, “I liked the black one better.” He added.

“Black one?” She asked.

“Yeah, with the lace thingy on the leg.” He described, motioning to his thigh.

“Oh yeah, the lace thingy!” She said, sliding the curtain shut. “Kay, I’m gonna get the black one,” she called back.

“What are you getting a dress for?” He asked, checking his cell phone.

“The girls and I are going out next weekend with Vero. We’re drinking and she’s living vicariously through us.” She explained as she changed back into her winter-appropriate outfit. Sidney nodded, though she couldn’t see him, texting Nealer.

“Sounds good, babe.” He called back, not quite paying attention.

“And then we’re going to get some male hookers.” She added.

“That should be fun.” He replied.

“And you can lend a hand if things go south and we need to hide a body, right?” She asked.

“You’ll all have a good time.” He prompted. She popped her head out of the dressing room, seeing that he was playing Temple Run on his iPhone. Pulling the curtain back from her body, she stood in a set of matching lacy red lingerie.

“I don’t think you’re paying attention, Mr. Crosby.” She scolded.

“I am.” He replied quickly, snapping his head up. “Well, I am now…” He added. She laughed, rolling her eyes.

“We have twenty minutes before our reservation. I’m going to pay for this, and then we can head over.” She explained. Sidney craned his head to keep his eyes on her body as the curtain slowly closed.

They walked hand in hand through the mall that was dead for Wednesday afternoon. They stopped into a Pittsburgh Fanatics shop with Steelers, Pirates and Penguins gear.

“What do you need in here, babe?” He asked, swinging their hands between them, and glad that if the cashiers recognized at least acted as if they didn’t.

“Just wanted to take a look.” She said airily, walking over to the children’s section, eyeing up the little soft cotton onesies with a smile. “Look how cute.” She cooed, picking up a little romper for a newborn. It was black and gold with a tiny Penguins logo and Daddy pulled the goalie written beneath it.

“That’s funny.” Sidney smiled. “Look at this one.” He said, picking up a pink onesie that said Newest Penguins Fan with another little Penguins logo.

“Sid.” She gigged, holding up another tiny baby tee with two crossed hockey sticks and I lost all of my teeth playing hockey embroidered on the front.

“That one is great.” He agreed. She folded the little tee, setting it back down on the tabletop.

“I’m ready to get married now, so we can start our life and family.” She wrapped her arms around his middle, looking straight up at him. He smiled slowly as he looped his arms around her lower back.

“You want a baby now, huh?” He asked.

“Hard to not want a baby when you’re engaged to a baby-crazy man.” She countered.

“I’m not baby crazy!” He tried to defend himself.

“Sid, you’re baby crazy, ask literally any of your friends.” She giggled. “It’s not a bad thing, it’s cute.” She insisted.

“So what are you trying to say here, Sherriff?” He asked with a grin.

“What I’m saying is… I want to see what our kids would look like.” She laughed, “sooner rather than later.”

“Sounds perfect to me.”
♠ ♠ ♠
in honor of having a stellar interview, i decided to update :)
also, i haven't decided if my next story would be a love story or more family oriented (i hope that makes sense). i have a plot line in mind, but for those asking, i haven't decided on a player yet! i am still very open to suggestions - please leave a comment!
best!
xo