Status: New!

Love Never Felt So Good

33

“So pregnant.” Bailey stared at Vero’s big belly as she took another sheet of cookies out of the oven.

“I know, Bails.” Vero sighed, “just you wait until you’re incubating the next Sidney Crosby and he kicks around your bladder like a hacky sack.” She waved a spatula in her friend’s face.

“Marriage first, then baby time.” Bailey countered, taking a bite of a hot, melty white chocolate cookie. Vero and Missy were over that evening, hanging out and eating a lot of food while their significant others spent a night at the bars – a night well earned. The Penguins were closing in on the end of February and had won nine games in a row. Sidney was leading the NHL in points and had an eighteen game point streak going on – complete with moustache.

“I can’t believe you’re both getting married in like four months!” Vero said excitedly. “At least I only have to be an attendant for yours,” She pointed her spatula at Bailey, “I will only look like a beached whale in a few photos for your wedding.” She said. “Not you, though.” She looked to Missy. Vero was an attendant in Bailey and Sid’s wedding while she was a full-blown bridesmaid in Missy and James’.

“Well, I got engaged first, they just wanted to be as cool as James and I.” Missy teased Bailey who blushed on cue. She did think that it as a little funny that while James and Missy had been dating for three years, they were getting married a month after she and Sidney, who had been together for less than two.

“Sidney wants to hop on the baby train right away.” Bailey said, attempting to change subjects.

“Right away, huh?” Vero asked, “That’s good, that gives me time to get skinny again while I watch you get fat.” She said excitedly, making the other two guests at her home roll their eyes.

“I told you, Bails, once you let them in the back door, they think they run the show.” Missy giggled as she took a little sip of her pink moscato. Bailey instantly flushed a bright red. One way or another, their little escapade got out among the tight group of friends, likely, no doubt to Radio Nealer.

“Are you ready to start the baby train right away?” Vero asked.

“At this very moment, no.” She decided, “But by the time we actually are married and home from the honeymoon, getting ready for next season, I may be.” She amended. “This is really important to Sidney and the more I see how much he cares about it, the more I start to care about it.” She replied.

“He got me the absolute sweetest Valentine’s day gift.” She gushed, “I should have worn it tonight.” She sighed, “he got me a white gold bracelet, engraved.” She began, “me and you, just us two.” She recited the same line that had been etched into the fine jewelry.

“God, when did Sidney get so romantic? I swear, if it weren’t for you, he’d still be that awkward little man-child wearing crocs and a plastic watch.” Vero replied. “I wish Marc was more romantic.” She frowned.

“Trust me, Marc is light years ahead of James.” Missy insisted. “For valentine’s day he got me a dozen red roses that I think he bought at 7 Eleven, and a box of chocolates. But he ate all the coconut chocolates.” She added, making Bailey burst into giggles. Bailey considered herself a very lucky girl. She looked down at her iPhone as it buzzed in her hand, Mr. Crosby flashing on the screen with a funny picture of Sidney’s face as the caller ID.

“Here we go.” She grinned, swiping to answer the call. “Hi baby.” She greeted.

“Sherriff, hello – Sherriff.” He answered, making her giggle.

“Hi Mr. Crosby, are you boys having fun?” She asked, Vero and Missy both eyeing her up with grins on their faces.

“So much fun, Mrs. Crosby, but I am ready to come home now and have sex with you.” He spoke confidently.

“You are! Lucky me. I will be by in fifteen minutes to come get you. Do James and Marc need a ride?” She asked.

“No, they’re going to go ‘nother bar with the kids.” He explained, speaking of Bortz and Beau.

“Okay, well, you tell them to call Vero when they do need a ride. I’ll see you in fifteen minutes.’ She advised, speaking slowly and clearly.

“I will do it, Sherriff.” He acknowledged. She imagined him giving her a salute. “Kay, baby, love you.” She hung up. “He is lit.” She laughed, looking down at her phone again. “This is going to be interesting.” She shook her head.

“Take these to go.” Vero bagged up a few cookies from an earlier batch. “Tell me every single thing about drunk Sidney – I love drunk Sidney.” She insisted.

“Call me when you pop that kid out.” Bailey teased, kissing Vero’s cheek. “And you,” She turned to Missy, “dress fittings next weekend.” She reminded.

“Yeah I know, no more cheese fries.” She pretended to sigh. “And fill me in about drunk Sidney, too. I think I would like drunk Sidney.” She said thoughtfully.

It wasn’t long until Bailey arrived at the bar the boys chose to go to that night, spotting Sidney right away as he stood in a group of other Penguins. She rolled down passenger seat window of the car he had gotten for her.

“Sid! This taxi is going to Sewickley!” She called. The group turned to look at her.

“Bailey! It’s Bailey! Hi Bailey!” She received many replies.

“Hi boys!” She laughed, waving, “go home! Your women miss you!” She winked.

“I miss you!” Beau called, earning a shove from Sidney as they bid him goodbye. The Captain got into the passenger seat of the Mercedes, leaning over right away and planting a sloppy kiss on her cheek. “I love you, Bailey!” He called as she started the car.

“Hi Sherriff.” He grinned, eyes wide and pupils wider.

“Hi there, Mr. Crosby.” She smiled as he immediately flipped on the seat warmer. “How was your boy’s night?” She asked.

“Fun.” He replied, “I whipped Beau’s ass at darts.” He said excitedly.

“Good job, Sid.” She laughed. “Be nice to baby Beau.” She added.

“I am nice to Beau, he’s just stupid and little. He’s the little brother I always wanted.” Sidney said, looking thoughtful.

“Aw, that’s sweet.” She laughed.

“Let’s get home, my hands are cold and I know exactly how I want to warm them up.” He grinned, lips pulling up to the side of his mouth and a sparkle in his dark eyes.

“On it, Captain.” She laughed. Sidney bopped his head and sang along to the radio as she drove home, something he rarely did, seeing as he always claimed he wasn’t a big music fan. Getting him into the house without knocking down every picture hanging on the wall was a challenge. Zeus and Belle watched curiously as their Daddy made his way upstairs rather loudly.

“You’re so pretty.” Sidney smiled as he sat down on the bed, watching her face as she helped him unbutton his shirt. “You’re like the prettiest girl I ever met.” He grinned. “And I get to marry you and see your face all the time.” He looked up at her in wonder.

“You’re such a sweet man.” She patted his cheek, getting his blue button-down off of his body.

“You should get a big tattoo right across your butt that says Mrs. Sidney Crosby.” He slapped her ass, making her jump and roll her eyes as she struggled to wrangle his undershirt over his head while he popped the button on her jeans, yanking them down her legs. “Or better, maybe a little ‘87’ right here.” He circled a little patch of cotton just below the waistband of her panties.

“I’ll deeply consider it.” She laughed, “pants off, mister.” She said sternly, causing his thick lips to split into a wicked grin. He flopped back onto the mattress, arms folding behind his head.

“You take ‘em off.” He wiggled his eyebrows. It took everything in Bailey to keep herself from grabbing her cell and snapping a photo. The smug expression, the pose, and the state of undress - it was as far from the real Sidney Crosby as she had ever witnessed.

“You like to think you’re rather saucy, don’t you?” She asked with a laugh, reaching for the waistband of the jeans and managing to pull them down past his butt, a feat to be proud of. Getting the jeans into the laundry hamper, Sidney watched her with dark eyes as she stripped down to her own underwear, replacing her underwire bra with a cotton tank and leaving on her simple cotton undies.

“Come to bed, Mrs. Crosby.” He called.

“You know, you keep calling me Mrs. Crosby before we get married and it will be less exciting when we finally do.” She said pointedly, gathering her hair into a loose bun on top of her head before tying it off. She crawled onto the bed beside him, lying perpendicular to their pillows.

“You smell good.” He retorted.

“You smell like beer.” She replied, laughing. He hoisted her on top of his hips, holding onto her sides.

“I’m gonna knock you up.” He ran a hand over her flat stomach. She definitely rolled her eyes at that one. “We’re gonna have like eight kids and they’re all going to look like you, blonde and big brown eyes.” He continued.

“Yeah, and what else?” She questioned.

“And m’gonna come home to you and our kids every day and eat peach pie for dessert.” He added, making her eyebrows raise.

“Sounds good, baby.” She grinned, “but let’s get you tucked in so you can go to bed.” She replied. “Can’t make any babies if you’re tired and hung over.” She insisted, watching as his eyelids drooped with each passing moment.

“But I wanna have sex.” He whined slowly, sticking a hand down his boxer briefs.

“Baby.” She laughed, “come on, you get under the covers and I’ll meet you there.” She promised, watching as he ran a hand up and down his length under his black Lulu Lemon boxers.

“Remember what we did the last time we were in Nova Scotia?” He asked, that same blissful smirk coming across his features, causing her face to immediately redden.

“Yeah, I remember.” She sighed.

“That was great, wasn’t it?” He asked.

“Bedtime, Crosby.” She put her foot down. “It’s almost two in the morning and you need to get up at a reasonable time tomorrow.” She said sternly.

“You’re hot when you’re cranky.” He smiled lazily. He followed her lead nonetheless, letting her push him up the bed and under the blanket.

“I’m going to grab you some Advil and Powerade, ‘kay baby?” She asked. He frowned, knowing she was going to leave him in the bed alone. “What color do you want? Blue?” She asked.

“Orange.” He replied, “orange is for breakfast time.” He added.

“Of course, my bad.” She smiled, kissing his lips tenderly. She got out of bed, grabbing the remainder of his clothes and tossing them in the hamper before walking toward the door.

“Nice ass.” He called, causing her to look over her shoulder at him with a shake of her head.

The next morning, Sidney wasn’t feeling quite so cocky. He rolled over, letting one eye crack open to see his fiancé sleeping on the far side of the bed, hair on top of her head and face clean of makeup. Attempting to sit up, he quickly changed his mind, opting to roll over on his stomach to check the time on his cell phone.

“Caught, Crosby.” He heard Bailey’s voice. “You still have another hour before I’m going to wake up and make breakfast, go back to sleep.” She whispered.

“My head feels like a drum kit is pounding away.” He mumbled, forcing his eyes shut, melting slightly when he felt her front press up against his back, legs tangling together as she spooned him.

“Little spoon.” She whispered, pressing her nose into the back of his neck.

“What time did we come home last night?” He asked.

“I picked you up about one.” She replied, “got you into bed about one-thirty.” She added. “Quite a show you put on, Mr. Crosby.” She kissed the little space of skin where his neck met the base of his skull. “Come on, back to sleep with you, you’re going to need it.”

Sidney let his eyes close once again, drifting back into sleep. He was just bordering on the line of unconsciousness and reality when his eyes snapped open again.

“Are you making peach pie for breakfast?”
♠ ♠ ♠
thought they could use a fun chapter for a change :)
comment if you're still liking/reading! wedding is in the next chapter!!
love to hear your feedback!
xo