Come Back to Me

Friendly

I've found myself standing at the corner of the address tom left me. I didn't phone him, I didn't even tell Mel where I was going. Instead I packed only a few things and checked into a hotel. I flew from New York, to California only to just catch a glimpse of tom, to find out if he looks like me, are we identical? Will I know it's him, or will he know it's me if he passes me on the street? There is a small coffee shop round the corner, I may as well grab a tea and sit down for a while, think about what I'm going to do. As I take my coffee from the counter assistant lady I turn, heading out to the chairs provided. I clearly can't concentrate as I bump into someone, nearly spilling my coffee all down him.

"Oh,sorry!" I mumble, "Sorry." I say clearer. I look up at the tall man.

"Close one.." He says, smiling, showing off his white teeth. I smile back at him, admiring how white his teeth are. Realising I've been staring, I look down and take a seat. He goes into the coffee shop and I stare at the house, toms house. Suddenly I feel someone sit beside me.

"So, you look preoccupied.." The man with the white teeth says.

"Do I? Just one of those days.." I say politely.

"Do you live round here?" He asks.

"No.."

"From here?" He asks. He's persistent.

"Nope."

Noticing I'm not talking much, he puts out his hand waiting for me to shake it.

"I'm Alex." He says. I look at him, holding his hand out to a complete stranger.

"Is everyone this friendly in California?" I ask. I shake his hand. "I'm amy."

"Ha, not everyone, no. Count yourself lucky it was me you nearly drenched in coffee.."

"It's tea."

"Still hot,right?" I laugh and nod.

"I gotta go. It was nice meeting you." I say, standing up and quickly walking away without giving him much of a chance to say goodbye. I'll take a nap and see how I feel when I wake up,