Come Back to Me

Dressed up

While Alex and Tom catch up I quietly sneak off to my bedroom to start getting ready for tonight. Mel scurries in behind me from nowhere.

"I told you he'd be fine!" She says as she takes a look through my make up bag on my dresser.

"Yeah you did... I'm glad."

She lurks behind me as I look through my wardrobe. Noticing, I turn round abruptly.

"What?" I snap. "You're watching me!"

"I was just checking to see what you were going to pull out from your wardrobe... Speaking of which, what are you going to wear tonight?" She asks.

"Jeans and heels I guess.."

"Nu uh.. Step aside!"

She gestures at me to move out the way. I sigh and do as she says. Now I'm the one lurking behind her, watching what outfit she is going to pick. I really don't want to dress like Mel, far too revealing for my liking.

"Do you know you have model features?" She mumbles as she rummages through my wardrobe.

"What now?" I ask.

"You know, your face, and your figure. You could be a model. You never wear your make up all fancy, you always look casual."

"Well, when I'm going out I think i look casual and smart.. Half and half." I defend myself.

"Hmmm.. Huni, nobody wants half and half. They want sexy! You could totally get away with a short dress and proper heels."

"No way. No offence but I'm not like you, we don't share the same style.. I wouldn't feel comfortable going out with hardly anything on.... No offence."

"Not taken. I'm not asking you to go out with hardly anything on. Just something to show your legs, you hardly ever show them off. And your make up, you can do so much with that face!!"

"Are you saying that I don't?" I ask offended.

"Nooo! I just mean that you have good cheek bones, and you have amazing lips, and the greenest eyes ever! There's so much that you can do with make up."

"Ok...I'll keep that in mind for another time."

"No, you'll keep it in mind for tonight! Alex is back. Show off a little."

"I don't want to show off..."

"Yes you do, trust me."

She pulls out a few outfits and places them on my bed.

"Amy will you be ready soon? I'm wanna party!!!!" Tom shouts from downstairs.

"She'll be ready in an hour, tops." Mel yells back.

"An hour?? Jeez! Alex and I will just get started down here then!" I hear the music getting turned on.

"Ok... Go wash your hair! I'll sort out a dress and shoes. Go.." She claps her hands. I do as she says, and once I'm finished I notice 3 dresses laid out on the bed with matching heels and purses.

"Quickly blow dry and straighten your hair, hurry."

Once my hair is done she brushes it all back, and put it in high pointy tail, smoothing down any loose strands. She then sprays a lot of hairspray.

"Wow you already look gorgeous!!" She says. I usually wear my hair down but I think I quite like this style. It's very sleek, smooth, tidy, and girly. It makes my cheekbones defined and that's without make up.

"Ok, make up time!!" She sings. I know how to wear make up, but I never do anything different. And when she's done, for a split second I think that I do look like a model. I look totally different. You can tell I've lost weight though, I can't hide that.

"Ok, dress time." She drags me over to the bed to choose a dress. One is black, lacy, not too short, and looks very fitted. The other is a blue crop to with a high waisted skirt, and the last is a strapless black dress with gold sequence down the sided.

"I think I like the black with the gold.." I point to it, a little hesitant but it's the only one I really like.

"Good choice!! Try it on. And please make sure you have matching underwear on.."

"Why?" I ask.

"You know, incase you and Alex..."

"What?? God no!" I snap in shock. Mel laughs and helps me in the dress.

"You never know!!"

"God, only yesterday were we fighting over him and now you want me to have sex with him?"

"I know I know.. Forget about yesterday. I've accepted that Alex doesn't like me that way, and that I also didn't see him that way.. I just saw him as a way to get over Robert. I think he likes you."

"Hmm.." I mumble. "I don't think so.."

"You might find out tonight. Wow, you look amazing!!" She gasps, and I look in the mirror. I look like a different person.

"Heels, we need heels." She hands me black heels, thankfully not stilettos.

Mel runs to her room to get ready for meeting Robert. I quickly decide to put on matching underwear like Mel said, I feel stupid for even doing it. I grab my purse, putting my phone, few bits of make up and money and head downstairs. I'm not even going to hang around for an opinion on my dress, I'll just act as normal. I don't know why it's such a big deal. Alex and tom might not even be dressed up.. Then I'll feel like a fool.