Come Back to Me

Avoiding the question

Ten minutes into the massage I hear noises coming from downstairs, and I'm pretty sure that Mel and Tom are doing it on my couch. Eww. I'm not sure if Alex is even awake, he's been very still. I doubt he got any sleep during his ordeal.

"Do you have ear plugs?" Alex jokes. "We might need them."

"I thought you were asleep, and no I don't have any.. Should I?" I ask.

"Not that you want to know but your brother is pretty loud when he's romancing."

"Romancing?" I I ask.

"Having sexy time." Alex mumbles.

"Oh.. You've heard him? Gross.."

I feel Alex laughing and I stop massaging.

"What?" I ask. "I thought he wasn't lucky with the girls."

"He's not, relationship wise he isn't anyway. He does have one night stands though."

"Oh.." I whisper. "Do I have a lot more family? Like, cousins, aunts and uncles?" I ask, forgetting that it's the one question I hadn't asked.

Alex coughs and clears his throat.

"Um, sure you do."

"Well...how many? What's their names?"

"Um.." He clears his throat again. "You have four aunts, Linda, jess, Marlene and Maria. An uncle called Ben."

"Wow.. Is that all? Don't I have any cousins?"

"Yeah.." He whispers. He seems to be avoiding the question.

"Is there something your not telling me?" I ask. I grab the towel and dry my hands, and place it on Alex's back to dry him off. He sits up as I climb of him.

"Why can't you answer the question?" I ask as he drys his arms with the towel.

"What do you mean? I'm just trying to remember their names."

"I just thought that, you were avoiding the question."

"Of course I'm not. I've just never met them. Well I met one cousin, Ryan. You'll need to ask Tom."

"Ok.." I mumble.