All You Have to Do Is Believe

Two

I'm not totally sure what I'm doing here. I picked up Ash from the Mirage and I just know I'd like to get to know her now. She's beautiful...but its clear she's pretty young. So far neither of us has said much. I debate commenting for a few minutes and finally decide there isn't much point in remaining silent.

"You look beautiful," I say.

She gives me a smile, which only adds to her beauty. "Thank you," she says.

"So...what would you like to do?" I ask. "I'm open to anything really."

"Yea, anything," she says.

"Well, for now maybe we'll just stick with the plan of shopping," I say and smile.

"Shopping is good," she says and she gives a soft little laugh. It is a beautiful sound. I could really enjoy spending my time with this girl.

A few hours later we stop to get some food at a restaurant inside the Luxor. She sits at the table and brushes her hair back over her shoulder. She looks familiar in some way. I look her over and notice her freshly done nails and her clothes.

"Tell me about yourself," I say. "We've spent the day together and all I've managed to get out of you was your name?" I say.

She gives me a soft laugh. "What would you like to know? You haven't asked me much."

"How old are you?" I ask.

"I'm 18," she says and makes a face.

I have to absorb that for a minute. That's more than 20 years younger than myself. I nod and take a sip of water.

"How long have you lived in Las Vegas?"

"My whole life mostly," she says. "I live here with my dad."

"How do you like it?"

"I love it...because it is my home," she says and gives a smile. "Gets a little hot out here though." Then she laughs. I love the sound of her laughter. Each time she laughs i feel like i could listen to her laugh forever.

"That is for sure," I say. I laugh with her then. Our waiter comes to take our order and then walks away. At any moment somebody will come up to the table and ask to see a magic trick. It's one thing that gets really old, and the one part of my daily life that i don't enjoy. Then I feel guilty. I'm going to end up ruining Ash's life with my fans coming up to us all the time if something comes of this.

"How long have you lived here?"

"You mean you don't think I've lived her my whole life?" i ask in a joking voice.

"The new york accent gave it away," she says cheerfully.

I laugh and nod. "I've lived here for a long time."

"Fair enough," she says. "I take it you like it here?"

"It pays the bills," I say and give her a smile. "I came her to show off my magic and i've been very successful."

"I've heard," she says.

Then it happens. A group of girls approach the table and all of them are looking excited. I sigh before giving them my attention. Its all the usually stuff. Would you mind singing this, can i get a picture, will you show us something? Once they've been satisfied i turn my attention back to Ash. She doesn't seemed phased or put off by it at all.

"I'm sorry about that," I say.

"I'm used to it...it happens with my dad too," she says and shrugs.

"Oh..." i say and think about that for a few seconds. "Who is your dad?"

"Siegfried Fischbacher," she says casually.

Our waiter drops off our food and she starts eating. I nearly choked on my drink and she is just sitting there. I find that i love that about her. Somebody that is used to the fame and can handle it. Its always a concern when starting on a new relationship.

"Well...then I guess you are a fan of magic and white tigers," i say with a grin.

"Magic is in my blood," she says. "And the tigers are beautiful things. Yes i love them."

I'm thinking this girl could definitely be what i'm looking for. If only she wasn't quite so young. To embark on this relationship is going to cost a lot of publicity nobody wants. But i like her.

When i drop her off at the Mirage i feel like i've had an exceptionally good day. I ask her when i can see her again and we agree that she'll text me about it. I think this could definitely be what i need in my life. Somebody who can deal with who i am and isn't in it for my money or anything else. Somebody who can just be with me for me.

When I get home i notice a text on my cell phone. "I had fun today. I really like you, Criss. Hope to see you soon."

I smile to myself as i type back a reply. "Like you too, thanks for spending your time with me. See you soon."