Status: I'm back, lovelies~

Bad Decisions

Sick Little Games

Vic hadn't seen or spoken to Kellin since that night at the club, the behavior of the other had left him feeling confused and somewhat hurt. Genuine concern for Kellin had brought him there, and he was only met with harsh words and false accusations in return. Kellin words shouldn't have cut him as deep as they did, but Vic couldn't stop the slight sting he felt. The pair had agreed to be friends after they called it quits, as neither of them could imagine being without the other in some way. However, when Kellin shut him out and claimed that Vic needed to mind his own business it left him feeling lost about where exactly their relationship stood.

Things would have to be cleared up between them soon though, because they were going have to face each other again tonight after weeks of silence. A few mutual friends of theirs had planned a small get together at a local bar. Kellin was guaranteed to show up there, and the last thing Vic wanted was a repeat of the other night, especially if similar topics were brought up from last time. Vic didn't want to have Kellin speaking out against his relationship again in front of everyone, including Jaime. Everyone knew that they weren't together anymore, but all of them still assumed they were on good terms with each other. It'd be a while since they'd all been together, so Vic had been really looking forward to this night and was just about praying that it would go well.

Some of his worries were calmed when he caught word from some of the others that Kellin was supposed to be bringing someone along with him tonight. It erased the possibility that there would be words exchanged about Vic and Jaime being together so soon, because now Kellin had someone. Though, no one had mentioned a name to Vic, so he couldn't help but wonder if Kellin would be bringing Matt along with him again. That was slightly worrying seeing as Matty was almost guaranteed to starting a disagreement with Vic, just for the sole purpose of getting under his skin. Counting in Kellin's new attitude towards Vic, he couldn't count on him being the peacemaker between them anymore.

Hoping he could figure out how to avoid any potential problems tonight, Vic knew Mike must have some clue as to who it was that Kellin would have with him.

"I'm not telling you who he's seeing, Vic." Mike immediately shut him down, crossing his tattooed arms over his chest. Vic should have known that Mike would be a thorn in his side about this, he could never make things easy for Vic.

"Come on, Mike. I know you're still friends with him or whatever, but I'm still your brother. That has to count for something more." Vic pleaded with the younger Fuentes, not understanding why his brother had to be so against helping him sometimes. It's not like Vic wouldn't have found out eventually, he just wanted some idea of what to expect.

"I'm helping you out by not telling you, you're still so caught up in Kellin and what he's doing. It's not good for you, you know Kellin told you to stay out of his business. Besides, you have someone else to worry about now, so you should do that and just let Kellin be." Mike reminded his brother of the story Kellin had recounted to him over the phone, much to Vic's disapproval at the time.

"You sound ridiculous." Vic almost laughed in his brother's face, there was no way he was still 'hung up' on Kellin. The only reason he was questioning this was because he just wanted to be sure that he wouldn't be facing Matt again tonight, he recalled how it had gone when Kellin brought him to that party. "I just wanted to see if it was Matt he was bringing tonight, that's all."

"No it's not Matt, happy?" Mike snapped, tired of being the one put in the middle of all of this. Mike knew this whole plan had been doomed from the start. It was clear that there was still something left between the two, but they were both too stubborn to admit their mistake. It was bound to blow up in their faces, and Mike wouldn't be the one the clean up that mess.

Vic fidgeted slightly, no, he wasn't satisfied with that answer. He was hoping to get a name out of his brother, but he couldn't voice this, Mike already thought he knew everything. The last thing he wanted was to prove Mike right and seem like he was trying to pry into Kellin's life again. It was just him being curious, did he know this guy already? Did Kellin meet him at work? He thought this was a reasonable curiosity.

Fortunately for him, his questions would soon find their answers. He sat in the driver's seat of his car, continuously reassuring his boyfriend, Jaime, that everything would be fine tonight and that his friends would love him. This was Jaime's first time meeting Vic's friends and he was nervous that the group wouldn't accept him since they'd been so close-knit for so long. Knowing the guys for as long as he had, Vic knew they wouldn't have a problem with him being around.

The doubt was still present even when they approached the building, it was easy to spot his friends occupying a table in the corner of the bar. They were happily chatting away with each other, Vic's eyes searching the group for one face in particular. Once he saw that Kellin wasn't sitting in one of the chairs, he visibly relaxed, perhaps he wouldn't be showing up tonight. After greeting his friends and being sure to introduce Jaime to everyone, Vic was finally allowing himself to settle down and have a good time with everyone else.

It was well into the night, a few drinks had been downed by everyone, the mood was all around easy-going, and things were going fine. Jaime had really taken to the guys, happily chatting away with them about his own experience as a bartender. No one had really asked Vic about Kellin besides a close mutual friend of theirs, Alex, but Vic quickly out it down and said that he hadn't spoken to Kellin in some time. The raven-haired male still hadn't shown up and it was just assumed that he wasn't able to make it after all. It came to a disappointment to everyone, except for Vic, seeing as it was supposed to be the old group together again.

"Hey guys, sorry I'm late." Came the call from said male, it seemed he was showing up after all. His words grabbed everyone's attention, but what kept it there was everyone taking in the new appearance Kellin had taken up. They'd known him for some time, and it was obvious those clothes weren't a part of the normal attire he was known for. Vic, having see this new look before, was focused on the unfamiliar male taking residence next to him. "I had to work a double shift at the club."

Finally taking notice of the odd looks he was receiving from his friends, his brows furrowed in confusion at what he had done. It was short-lived though, because his face was quickly filled with understanding in the next moment.

"Right, duh. Guys, this is Gabe, we work together." He introduced as if it was supposed to clear everything up. The new guy, Gabe, offered a smile to everyone before taking Kellin's hand in his own. It wasn't what everyone was looking at, but it was enough to draw their attention to the new couple, extending greetings and congratulations on them being together.

Vic silently watched as they settled down at the table with the rest of them, altogether withdrawing from any conversations he was having. There was this unpleasant feeling that had settled in his chest, he didn't like the way seeing this other guy with Kellin was making him feel. Kellin was moving on and that should be a relief to Vic, but just seeing that was moving on made him feel odd, which he promptly blamed on the few drinks he had over the course of their night here. He was a lightweight after all.

"Are you alright, babe?" Jaime questioned, taking note of how quiet Vic had suddenly become. Vic had told Jaime that there was a history between him and Kellin, but how deep it actually went between them he wasn't aware of. "Do you want to go?"

Vic shook his head feeling petty and selfish, Jaime was having a good time meeting everyone and Vic was starting to ruin it by fussing over his ex-boyfriend being with someone new. It was the same thing he himself had done after they broke up, so he had no reason to be getting all worked up over it. He watched Kellin for a moment, taking in the way he just chatted away. That guy Gabe merely sat with his eyes trained on Kellin as well. Vic recalled when that had been him, hanging on every word that left his lips with the utmost interest.

"I'm just going to go grab a drink from the bar." Vic excused himself from the table, wanting to go clear his head for a bit. Jaime nodded in response before turning to talk to Alex once more. Vic bobbed and weaved through the other tables and the slight crowd that had formed over the time he had been there.

No one really took note of him when he took up one of the stools in front of the bar, not even the bartender, but he didn't mind. He wasn't really over here for any more drinks anyway, he needed the time to think. Perhaps he had let Mike's words from earlier get to him more than he had originally thought, he knew he was over Kellin. That was why he had Jaime here with him, he really did have feelings for him. Yet here he sat, excluding himself from his own friends to think about a guy who he called it quits with. This is why he didn't drink.

"Shit." He cursed quietly when he felt someone's hand clamp down on his shoulder, it nearly made him jump out of his skin. He assumed he had been over here longer than he thought, and someone must have come to check on him.

"You're not going to get his attention like that." His muscles tensed when he heard Kellin's voice address him, explaining who the owner of the hand was. His vague statement was lost upon Vic, only furthering his confusion as to what he wanted

"What?" Vic glanced over his shoulder at him, taking in the foreign look that was present on his face. There wasn't a time where he could recall Kellin looking so devious, a playful smirk and mischievous eyes meeting him. It was more than obvious that he was up to something, Vic was just too tipsy to try to figure him out.

"The bartender, he won't notice you if you just sit here and stare off like that. You gotta get his attention and let him know you're here." Kellin clarified, his voice a murmur that Vic was sure only he was meant to hear. Before he was able to tell Kellin he didn't actually come here for a drink, the other had beckoned the bartender over. Vic wasn't sure what Kellin had asked for, he was too trained on Kellin's hand that was slowly trailing away from his shoulder and resting on his upper arm.

"Hey Vic." His breath caught in his throat momentarily when he found that Kellin was much closer to him than he had thought. His voice was nothing more than a whisper in his ear, the warmth of his breath hitting the shell of his ear. It was wrong for him to responding to him like this, his boyfriend was just on the other side of the room, but there wasn't a single part of him that wanted Kellin to move away from. Every ounce of him was practically screaming for him to pull him closer.

"Yeah, Kellin?" The tone in his voice betraying him and showing just what Kellin was doing to him and how he was making him feel. It only grew worse when he felt Kellin chuckle against his skin, it was clear that he enjoyed this power over him. Kellin had always been the submissive one in their relationship, letting Vic take control over him without so much of a fight. Now, it was Vic submitting to Kellin.

"I'm sorry for how I acted the other day, I didn't mean to be so harsh with you." He could feel Kellin's lips moving away from his ear, lightly grazing over his cheek with each word he spoke. Vic could feel the tickle of his hair over his cheek. He wasn't sure where this was going, how far Kellin was willing to take this little act of his. "I really hope you can forgive me." All Vic could do was dumbly nod his head at every word. He felt soft lips pressing to his cheek, but as soon as they were there, they were gone.

Vic glanced over his shoulder to see Kellin walking away from him with a drink in his hand. Needless to say, he felt like a complete idiot. He decided on taking that extra drink after all, taking a moment to recollect what was left of his pride before going back to the table.

"There you are." Jaime called when Vic reclaimed his seat next to him, there was a slight feeling of guilt that overtook him. It only grew the more he looked at Jaime. "I was starting to worry, you were gone for a while."

"Yeah it was a long line to get a drink." Vic murmured out, he eyes shifting to look at the reason he left the table in the first place. Kellin, however, paid no mind to Vic, but it was clear he knew he was being watched. There an overly confident look on his face, his hand intertwined with Gabe's. He was acting as if the whole thing never happened, all Vic could do was wonder when it was that Kellin turned into a seduction master.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this was deleted the first time I tried to post it and I had to rewrite it, sorry it's late,