New in Town

Party

Amethyst

I stepped out of Lyall’s car and followed her to the building with the fighting ring in the front. My floral top came up a little at the top when I stood, exposing part of my shark teeth tattoo. I quickly pushed it down, not wanting to show off too much skin. I saw Juice leaning against a wall. I gave him a weak smile as he walked towards me.

I still didn’t know what to think about him, but he didn’t seem like he was going to hurt me. He had seemed to be a little more understanding when he had talked to Lyall. I don’t know what she said, but I knew she didn’t tell him the full story.

“Hey, Amy,” he said, walking next to me into the building. “Do you want something to drink?”

“Just water right now,” I said, not really wanting to drink alcohol just yet. I knew I would, but I was never one to go crazy with it. I also wanted to be sure I wasn’t going to be attacked.

“Alright,” he said without questioning my choice as he took a drink from the beer in his hand.

He left for a second and brought back a bottle of water. The cap being sealed was the first thing that I noticed, and I wasn’t sure how I felt about that. I knew I was just being safe, but I wouldn’t have looked for small things like that before.

“I’m kind of surprised you came here,” Juice blurted out.

“Why?” I asked, looking at him curiously.

He shrugged his shoulders. “Well, you don’t look much like a partier, and you’re drinking water while the rest of us have a beer in our hands,” he said, lifting up his bottle of beer. He took a sip out of it as he waited for my response.

“I drink every now and then. I’m just not heavy with it,” I pointed out. I grabbed the beer out of his hands and took a mouthful out of it. “See.”

I almost couldn’t believe I did that, but at the same time I could. I had noticed that he had been drinking from it, so there was no way he would drug himself. I handed him back the glass bottle. I looked over to see Lyall, looking over my way. She was hanging around the same guys she was earlier, and she seemed to be enjoying their company. I gave her a smile, before turning my attention back to Juice.

“Well, then. You just jacked a drink from my beer. I don’t know if I should be honored that a beautiful girl like you did that or mad that you didn’t even ask?” he asked with a teasing smile on his face.

I laughed. “Oh, would asking make a difference?” I joked, starting to open up to him a little. I was still cautious and worried about the worst, but he didn’t seem to even be thinking about sex.

“Probably not. I would have let you take a drink even if you did,” he said with a wide smile that showed off his white teeth.

“Who is this?” a voice said, coming to the right of us.

I looked over to see a tall tan guy with tattoos that covered most of his skin. His head was shaved, and there was a dragon or a snake tattoo there. I couldn’t get a good look from my height. He had to look down a little to look at me, and that was the only way I noticed it.

“This is Amy,” Juice said as he introduced me to the man who was called Happy. “She’s friends with Chibs’s niece.”

He looked at me, giving me a small smile. “I hope that Juice isn’t making too much of fool out of himself,” he mocked, patting Juice’s shoulder. “He does have a bit of trouble with the ladies.”

My eyes flicked to Juice’s face for a second who just shrugged his shoulders. I looked back at Happy. I didn’t know what to say to Happy. He seemed to scan my body, and I became a little nervous that I was coming off as easy or cheap. I didn’t know what to do. I couldn’t say that I was exactly uncomfortable with his eyes on me.

“Are you enjoying Charming so far?” he asked.

“Oh, it’s only my first day here, so I don’t really know Charming,” I pointed out. “I have just met Chibs and his friends which have been nice so far.”

“Yeah, there’s not much to this town. It’s no Chicago,” Juice said, keeping himself in the conversation.

Happy seemed to be surprised that I was from there, but he didn’t ask too many questions. He just asked general questions that kept the conversation going. It seemed refreshing to be around two people who weren’t too nosey about everything that is going on in your life.

“Hey, Amethyst,” Lyall said, standing next to me. I gave her smile and introduced her to Happy. She gave him a friendly smile. “How are things going?”

I knew she was just checking up on me and that she was worried about me. “Oh, things are fine. Just talking to these two,” I answered. “What about you?”

She nodded as I noticed two beers in her hands. “Here, I got you this. I know you’re not going to drink water all night.”

She stayed around for a little bit longer before going back to the blonde guy and the brunette with a beard. I stuck around Juice for the most part, and I was kind of glad. I didn’t want to be left alone at this party. I only knew Lyall, and I was kind of starting to trust Juice. Scratch that, I didn’t really trust him yet, but it didn’t seem that he was going hurt me. Happy appeared to have a very strong personality, and I wasn’t sure if I was going to get used to it. I didn’t even know if he wasn’t going to hurt me because of the way he would scan my body every now and then. I found myself a little closer to Juice than to Happy, trying to find a form of comfort.

Happy gave me a smile, after hearing his name being called. He walked away, and I looked at Juice, wondering if I should ask him what Happy was like. I decided that it was best not to ask, so I just kept my mouth shut.

“Don’t worry about him. He wouldn’t think about hurting a girl as beautiful as you,” Juice assured me, complimenting my looks again. I gave him a weak smile and just nodded, not knowing what else to say. I didn’t even know why he said that. Maybe I was that easy to read which seemed like the most logical reason.

I stuck around Juice or Lyall for the rest of the party. Happy would walk by and smile at me for a few seconds before going on his way. Lyall was drunk by the time the party was over, and I had a good buzz going. It wasn’t that bad, but I knew I wouldn’t be able to drive. I was getting tired, and Juice could tell. He led me back to one of the rooms and let me stay in the empty one with the door locked. I fell asleep in the bed alone, happy to lie down.
♠ ♠ ♠
I do hope that you all are enjoying this because I'm loving writing this. Comments are very much appreciated.