Status: Updated at least once a week but probably more 'cause I have no friends

Stay With Me

Chapter 12

JOSHS POV:

The days passed by and Oli and I got closer and closer. I really liked this relationship thing and he seemed to also enjoy it. We haven’t gone further than kissing though since I wanna take it slow so I don’t fuck up and I also don’t wanna push him.

I got the principal at school to change all my classes so that I had them with Oli and since he never saw Oli with anyone but me he agreed to it and Oli didn’t seem to mind.

My mom didn’t seem to care about how long Oli had been here. In fact, she also started to enjoy his company. Sometimes she’d give us money and me and Oli would go to the cinema together. I honestly couldn’t be happier, the fact that Oli was safe made it all even better. As far as I know he hadn’t cut himself or harmed himself in any way when he had been with me.

I honestly thought I could hide him away from everything until there was a knock on the door a Saturday night, making everything crash down upon us.

“There’s a man at the door asking for Oliver” my mother shouted from downstairs. I had kept my eyes on Oli only to see his eyes go wide with fear as they looked into mine.

“Stay here” I whispered but he shook his head quickly and went up after me as I stood up and headed towards the door. He took my arm and spun me around looking at me with fear in his eyes.

“I don’t want you to get hurt” he whispered back and I sighed and put my hands on his shoulders, making him look at me.

“It’s going to be okay. I’ll be right back, I promise” I said, feeling bad for him as I watched him sit back down on the bed, with his head hung low and watching my feet as I left the room and closed the door quietly behind me. If it was his father at the door then I couldn’t let him go down there. I don’t think I’d be able to live with myself if he got hurt.

I walked down the stairs and approached the angry looking man standing at the door. He honestly looked like a drugged up drunk.

“Where’s Oliver?” he asked coldly.

“Not here obviously” I snapped and clenched my hands into fists as he turned his head and looked into the living roomwhere my mother sat on the couch looking at some bad TV show.

I gasped in shock as he pushed me out of the way and barged up the stairs obviously not caring about the fact that my mother was in the other room and was now aware of the man that now was upstairs. I quickly ran up after and swallowed down and swallowed harshly as he threw open the door to my room where Oli was sitting. I ran down the hallway and into my room only to find Oli standing on the other side of the bed, his wide eyes flicking from me to his father who was approaching him with a cold look on his face.

I didn’t really know how to stop him but I stepped out in front of him which didn’t help at all since he just pushed me to the side, making me fall on my ass on the floor.

I went forward and grabbed his left leg, almost making him fall. Before I knew it his fist had connected to my face and blood poured out of my nose but I chose to ignore it since Oli still was in danger.

I tried to stand up but his hits got harder and harder and every time I tried to move away from it or stand up he’d kick me back down again. I could hear Oli screaming at him to stop but felt as if he just got further or further away as the room started to spin.

I groaned in both pain and relief when his hits stop only to open my eyes to see his hands around Oli’s neck, choking him.