Status: On-going.

Change Isn't Always Bad

Chapter 9

"Mike! Mike!" I yelled, smiling like a madman as I ran to my younger brother’s room.

"What?! What?!" He mocked when I barged into his room. He was shirtless (something that I see too often) and had his phone in his hand.

"I was just at Kellin’s and he kissed me!" I bragged happily, practically jumping up and down. Kellin kissed me! He kissed me!

"Wait, what?!" He asked, throwing his phone onto the bed next to him and looking at me.

"Kellin, my crush, kissed me!”

He looked down, eyebrows coming together in what looked like deep thinking. That only lasted for a few seconds, and I was too happy to really care. He looked at me again and gave me a small, toothless smile.

"That’s great, Vic!" He said. I nodded.

"Fuck yeah it is! His lips were so soft and-"

"I know, I know," He laughed, rolling his eyes. "He was perfect, like you’re always saying."

"Did he say it was his first kiss?" He asked. Why would that matter?

"He said he kissed someone before, yeah. Why?" I questioned, calming down a little.

"No reason." He said quickly, shrugging. "Just thought that’d be cute, you guys sharing your first kiss," He put on that stupid voice you use with babies and dogs.

I rolled my eyes, walking towards his bed and plopping myself on top of it. ”Tomorrow I’m gonna ask him out.” I declared confidently.

"Sweet, dude." He encouraged, picking his phone back up. "Hey, you should get out, I’m gonna jack off."

"Ew, ew ew ew. I’ll be leaving now.”

-

After yesterday, I’ve tried everything to talk to Kellin; pass him notes, say hi to him in the halls, etc. He was ignoring me. Well, he’d nod at me and smile at me when I said hi to him, and when I passed him notes he just replied with a ‘Pay attention’ or something stupid like that. It pissed me off, really.

We were in science when something perfect happened.

"-and so go choose your partners and get a cup." Mr. Ramsey said. My eyes shot to where Kellin was sitting. He looked scared. He knew I’d want to be his partner and he was scared of it. When everyone got up to go to their friends, he ran to the teacher. I followed him slowly, already knowing what the conversation was about.

"Why can’t I work alone?!" Kellin whined. "Everyone already has a partner, anyway."

"Oh, uh, if you need a partner, I’ll work with you." I offered, internally cheering at the way I sounded.

"Perfect. Kellin, you can work with Vic." Mr. Ramsey smirked. Kellin flipped him off, to my surprise, and turned to me.

"Dude, what was that?" I asked as he went over to get a cup. We had to work with ice or some shit, I don’t know.

"He’s cool." Kellin shrugged.

"So he’s, like, your friend?"

He shook his head. “Only Matty.”

"I’m here, too." I said, sounding hurt. And I was. We kissed yesterday - we made the fuck out and now he doesn’t even think of me as a friend?

It was quiet after that. I decided it was time to shine.

"You’re really cute when you concentrate on things like that." I muttered as he bent down to pour some salt onto the ice.

"Stop." he said flatly. Okay, really not one for flirting then. Did that mean I was gonna stop, though?

"Why? I just said you’re cute, it’s not my fault you’re attractive as fuck." I shrugged. Nope. Oops.

He shook his head quickly. “No, no I’m not attractive.”

"Are you kidding?! Kellin, you’re hair is fucking perfect. It’s long and black, which only makes your skin look even more flawlessly pale. You’re really skinny and small but it makes you fucking adorable. Your smile is just amazing. You nose is so cute and the way you bite your lip when you’re concentrating or just shy can make a whole room of straight guys go homo. Your laugh is just as beautiful as your voice and your eyes - oh god your eyes. They’re so bright and just get brighter when your happy and if people aren’t crawling after you then they’re wrong. And that’s just your appearance." I said, honestly just saying what was on my mind.

"I’m sorry, I don’t appreciate liars." He said quietly. I scoffed, angry that he thinks I’m a liar. But then I realized; he just didn’t see what I saw.

I bit my lip. What’s a way to show him I mean it?

Without wasting a minute after I thought of it, I pulled on his shoulder so he was standing straight up, and crashed my lips onto his. I hoped that it would make him realize that he’s not as bad as he thought.

"Hey! No PDA!" Mr. Ramsey yelled, causing me to pull away. I didn’t move, though, and looked into his eyes.

"I..uh…" he stuttered. His cheeks were bright red and he looked down at his shoes, biting his lip. It was now or never.

"Go out with me and I’ll make you feel beautiful."I smiled. He looked up at me, still biting his lip. He looked really fucking hot doing that; his hair slightly in his face, his eyes shining bright blue, his teeth holding his bottom lip.

And then it happened.

And then he shook his head.