Status: I'm in love with this story and i hope you will be too!

Amber J

Transplants

Tyler didn’t waste his time going by her house when he got back in Dallas. Katy had told him she was in the hospital so he hurried there.
When he found her room, he walked in and saw who must have been her parent’s and her brother Jason.
“Tyler.” Jason said, he walked over and shook his hand before hugging him.
“Dude… what’s going on?” Tyler asked. “She left me a text message and that’s it.” He looked past Jason and saw Julianna laying on the hospital bed. “What don’t I know?”
“She needs a heart transplant Tyler. She moved to Dallas because the best heart doctor in the country was here. They had her stable for a while but now… If they can’t find her a donor… she will die.”
It hit him like a ton of bricks. He didn’t understand how she could seem perfectly healthy yet truly be dying.
“I’m sorry Tyler. She told me she didn’t want to burden you.”
“Burden me?” He asked in front of her family. “I love her!” He told them. He went to her side and gently took her hand. He wasn’t ready to give up on her. He wasn’t anywhere near ready to say goodbye.
She blinked her eyes open and when she saw him, she started to cry.
“What are you doing here? You aren’t supposed to see me like this.” She told him and he gently wiped her tears away.
“I love you Julianna. You’re not getting rid of me that easily.”
.
.
Julianna spent the next two weeks in the hospital. She was constantly sick and it pained Tyler to even look at her. She had lost so much weight and her color had gone from sun kissed to pale. He didn’t know what to do. After two weeks of laying in the hospital, they finally got a donor. Tyler knew that meant that someone else had died, but to him, it didn’t matter. His priority was Julianna.
They rushed her into surgery and then the doctor informed him and her family of the very realistic chance that her body might reject the heart and that if it does, she will die. But there is also a 75% chance that she would make it. Tyler’s bet was on her living, because he couldn’t imagine his life without her.
“She is out of surgery now. She is still asleep but you can go see her. So far, everything is going great.” Tyler followed Jason behind their parents and he cried. He was relieved, he might have been sad, he didn’t know, but he couldn’t hold in the tears anymore.
.
.
“Tyler, I didn’t want you to have to go through this.” Julianna told him once she was packing up her bag to leave the hospital.
“J, I don’t care. I love you. Don’t you get that? And when you love someone, you’re with them till the end, through thick and thin, sickness and health.”
“That’s not exactly how the line goes, but yeah… I love you to, so much.” She said, making Tyler smile.
Tyler decided, during the surgery, that he was going to marry her. He didn’t care that they hadn’t been together that long. In his mind and in his heart, he knew he was going to spend the rest of his life with her.

.
.
“How is she?” Candace asked her only brother when he finally called her a week after they left the hospital.
“She is doing better. Almost a full recovery.”
“That’s good. I feel so bad for her. She is so young.”
“Yeah well, she will be ok now.” Tyler said confidently. “Hey I need to talk to you about something.”
“Ok, what’s up?”
“I need you to come down and visit and get to know her.”
“And why is that? Besides the obvious fact that you love her.”
“Because I’m going to ask her to marry me and I want you to know her before that happens.”
“Holy shit! Are you sure Tyler? You’ve only been together a few months.”
“Candace, I’ve never been so sure of anything in my entire life.”
“Alright fine. Get me a ticket for next weekend and I’ll come down.”
“Perfect. Thank you, oh and don’t tell anyone else yet. They can all meet her at Christmas.”
“Sounds good bro.” Candace hung up the phone and Tyler walked back into the bed room here Julianna was sleeping peacefully. He loved his life and he loved her.
♠ ♠ ♠
I need your guys' thoughts... there is this little thing called writers block and it's creeping up on me lol