Status: I'm in love with this story and i hope you will be too!

Amber J

Asking for permision

She played with the new iPhone in her hands and got it back to how she liked it.
“You doing ok?” He mother asked her and she nodded.
“I’m good mom. Just thinking.”
“About what?”
“Well, about Tyler. About everything. I’ve had my transplant, maybe I should start thinking about moving back here.” She said and he mom frowned.
“But honey, Tyler is in Dallas.”
“I know but, maybe me and Tyler aren’t meant to be.” She said sadly and her mother laughed and shook her head. “Why are you laughing?” She asked, looking at her like she was crazy.
“Because you are being stupid! You love him and he is madly in love with you! His sister made a few mistakes but I’m pretty sure they weren’t purposely to hurt you. As much as I love you dear, not everything revolves around you. Maybe Candace was simply seeking attention. She isn’t use to her brother having someone else to care about.” He mother smiled at her and then took a sip of her tea.
Maybe she had a point. She walked into the hall and called Tyler. He didn’t answer so she left a message.
“Hey Tyler, look, I’m really sorry. I was wrong to talk to Candace like that and I was wrong to say we needed a break. I love you Tyler. Please call me back.”
.
.
“Dude come on!” Brad yelled as he dragged Tyler through the crowed. It wasn’t often that they got to see each other and now that Tyler was there for the night, they planned on having some fun. They found a spot at the bar and took the seats, ordering drinks as they did so. Tyler saw that he had a voicemail but he figured he would get to it later. It wasn’t every day that he got to hang out with his best friend and just let loose.
“So tell me, how are things with the blonde?” He asked, leaning on the bar.
“I don’t know dude. We got in a fight right before she left, I called and left a message but she is ignoring me. I don’t know what to do. It’s our first big fight. I planned on proposing at Christmas in Brampton but obviously that won’t be happening. I mean I already planned on waiting a few months because of all the drama but now I just.. I don’t know.”
“Well, I’ve been told that before you hit the best of times you have to go through the worst of times. If you love her don’t give up.” Brad said and Tyler looked at him shocked.
“When the hell did you become a shrink?”
“When did you start having lady problems?” He asked back and both men laughed.
“I’m gonna hit the bathroom. I’ll be right back.” Tyler said, taking his phone with him. While there he decides to check his voice mail and when he hears it he smiles. He quickly calls Julianna back. “Hey J.”
“Hey Tyler, I’m so sorry. I was wrong to talk to your sister like that and I didn’t mean what I said about a break… I miss you. I love you.”
“And I love you Julianna, so much you don’t even know.” He said, smiling and feeling 20 times better. “That ticket to Brampton still stands.” He told her hopeful and he heard it giggle.
“I’d actually like to fly back to Dallas. I need to see you before Brampton.”
“I’m glad you think that way. I’ll get your ticket right now, we fly home in the morning.”
“I’d like to be there when you get home.”
“Sounds perfect babe. I’ll get the ticket now and email it to you. I love you babe.”
“I love you too Tyler. So much.”
Tyler couldn’t be happier that their first big fight had come to an end. He missed his girl and all this drama was really starting to get to him. He needed her around, that’s just what love did to him. He walked back over to Brad on his phone, getting the ticket.
“What’s going on?” Brad asked.
“Just got off the phone with J, she is flying back.” He said with a giant grin on his face.
“Look at that man! Maybe you should propose at Christmas, it’s a great way to put all this behind you.”
“Dude I gotta ask her dad first…” he said, his eyes going wide. Brad laughed at him.
“Good luck man.”
.
.
When the team flew back to Dallas, he took a separate flight to Georgia. He rented a car and drove to her parent’s house. He gets out nervously and knocks on the door. Her mom answers and looks at him surprised.
“Tyler, Julianna left this morning to meet you back in Boston.”
“I know, Mrs. Arnett. But I was wondering if I could talk to you and you’re husband.” Tyler said, becoming even more nervous and a sweet smile came to her lips.
“Of course. Come in.” She let him in and he followed her into the living room where Mr. Arnett sat. “Honey. Tyler would like to talk to us.” She said and he stood up, shaking Tyler’s hand.
“Hello sir.”
“Tyler. Take a seat.” He instructed and Tyler sat across from them. “Go on.” Her father made him nervous. He was a big strong man and you could tell he still worked out. He demanded respect.
“Mr. Arnett, I’m in love with your daughter. There I no other way to put it. She makes me a better man. She makes me see things in a whole new light. Before her, I didn’t know what love is.”
“And what is love to you, Tyler?” He dad asked, catching him off guard but he took a deep breath and answered.
“Love, to me, is your daughter. It’s the feeling that you would give anything the world just to see her smile, just to hear her laugh for even a minute. It’s putting her and her needs before my own, it’s how she hold my heart in her hands and how she trust me and how I trust her.” He could see her father’s approval and her mother’s misty eyes. “I’m in love with your daughter, with every part of me. And I’m here to ask for your blessing in making her my wife. I want to spend the rest of my life making her smile.” Her dad leaned forward and shook Tyler’s hand, smiling.
“Welcome to the family son.” They all stood up and hugged and the thanks them.
“Well I hate to run but, I got a plane to catch.”
“Thank you for coming Tyler. It means so much to us.”
“And I know it would mean a lot to her.” He said before hugging his soon to be in laws once more and running to the car to go catch his flight.

In exactly a week, he would propose in front of his family and he prayed she would say yes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thoughts?? Sorry its been a while