Status: I'm in love with this story and i hope you will be too!

Amber J

Roses and Rings

Tyler stood at the kitchen counter, becoming extremely nervous. They were about to sit around the tree to open presents and then they would have their Christmas dinner. Julianna was in the living room with his mom and Cassidy and his dad. His left hand was in his pocket and he held onto the ring box tightly. He was so nervous. What if she said no? What if she said it was to soon? Hell it probably was to soon but he couldn’t put a time limit on his heart and how he felt for her.
“Hey.” Candace said as she walked in, refill two coffee cups. “You alright? You look a little pale.”
“I’m nervous.” He said and she looked at him confused.
“About what? It’s just Christmas Tyler. No big deal. It’s not like you’re about to propose.” She said with a small laugh and then when his face paled even more and he looked at her with wide eyes, it clicked. “Oh my god. You are?”
“Yeah. I am.” He said and she smiled, throwing her arms around his neck and he laughed. “I didn’t know you would be so excited.” He said and she smiled at him.
“Tyler! Of course I am. I mean wow…”
“Well keep it down. Let’s go.” He says. He starts to feel a little bit more at ease knowing that his sister is ok with it. He was ready to make this milestone in his life and he was so happy that it was with Julianna. Julianna is sitting on the couch so he goes and sits on the floor in front of her with his back to her after giving her a small kiss. The girls start passing the presents around and soon enough they were done.
“I have one more.” Tyler says. Candice smiles and his mom practically glows as he turns around to face Julianna. He was on knee and he pulls out the ring box and Julianna’s eyes went wide. “Julianna, words could never come close to being enough to tell you how much I love you. When I thought I lost you, my world went crashing. I couldn’t imagine a life without you in it. Will you marry me?” He asked her and she quickly nodded before wiping a tear away.
“Yes! Of course!” He slips the ring on her finger and she then throws her arms around his neck and kisses him. “I love you so much.” She whispers in his hear and he kisses her cheek.
Everyone exchanged hugs and the girls admire Julianna’s ring as the boys head into the kitchen.
“You ready for this son?” Paul ask and Tyler nods with a big smile on his face.
“Yeah dad. I am.”
“I’m proud of you Tyler. You’ve grown into a great man.”
.
.
“What’s that?” Katy ask with wide eyes as Julianna walks into the bar.
“Oh you mean my engagement ring?” Julianna ask and Katy gasp, making Julianna laugh. She takes her left hand and inspects the ring.
“Wow… he did good! I can’t believe you’re engaged.”
“Who is engaged?” Mandy ask, walking over.
“Tyler proposed on Christmas.” Julianna informs her but Mandy’s face shows just how jealous she really was.
“Well that’s great. Now have him bring his buddies In here and hook a girl up.” She said before walking away. Katy looked at Julianna and they both started laughing.
“I can’t believe I’m engaged.” She said, her cheeks red and the permanent smile was still on her face.
“I’m looking for a Julianna Arnett.” Some guy said as he walked up to the bar. He was holding a huge bouquet of red roses and inside was a heart made of white roses. The bouquet was so big he was having trouble seeing over it.
“I’m Julianna.” She said, an even bigger smile on her face.
“Perfect!” He sets them down, gets her signature and quickly leaves.
“Oh my god! Read the card!” Katy instructs and Julianna quickly does just that.
“It says, ‘To my beautiful fiancé, thank you for saying yes. Love Tyler.” She reads and Katy smiles at her and then gives her a hug.
“You won the Hubby lotto Julianna.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I already know how short it is and i'm sorry! But I need to get it out here so yall can give me some ideas and inspiration!!!
Also...
Evgeni Malkin, Patrick Kane, Sidney Crosby, or Jonathan Toews ??? (not in this story)