Status: I'm in love with this story and i hope you will be too!

Amber J

Dance Halls

Tyler wasn’t ready for what Julianna had planned Monday. Since he was new in town, they both decided that she should be in charge of whatever they were going to do. She had told him that they were going to a dance hall, one of the best in Dallas. When Tyler told his sister, Candace about this, she laughed.
“Tyler, a girl from Georgia is taking you to a Texas dance hall and you don’t see the humor in that?” She teased him. She was excited, however, that Tyler was going on a date with a girl who didn’t seem to be interested in his money. At least that’s the way he made it sound, she would be the ultimate judge of that if this Georgia peach was still around at Christmas.
“Candace, I’m sure I’ll be fine. It’s just dancing. I am a professional athlete, in case you have forgotten.”
“Oh don’t worry, the car in the driveway reminds me every time I drive it.” Tyler had bought his sister a car last year because she graduated high school with flying colors. He couldn’t have been prouder. He even made the same deal with Cassidy for when she graduated. “Anyhow… this girl has probably been dancing her whole life.”
He blushed, “She is in the dance program at the university here as a minor.” He admitted and Candace laughed.
“Ok, I’ll be nice now. You’ve partied more than anyone I know… I’m sure you will be just fine.”
“But don’t dance halls have that line dancing stuff?” He asked her. Over the summer Candace and Cassidy made him watch Footloose, and that’s all he could imagine.
“Actually that’s probably all it will be but it will be easy to learn. I promise. Now go get yourself ready and call me tomorrow with all the details.”
“Why are you so interested?” He had asked her with a laugh. Candace had never really paid attention to the girls Tyler talked to or went out with. But then again, he never talked to Candace about them because they had never been important.
“When was the last time you went on a real date? Like did something besides go to a bar and have sex.”
“Uhm…” She laughed at his response. “Whatever! I’ll call you tomorrow!”
“Love you!” They both said before hanging up.
For the first time in Tyler’s life, he didn’t know what to wear. He settled on some dark jeans, clean black skate shoes, and black shirt.
Julianna had picked the dance hall because it was her stomping grounds and on a Saturday night it would packed and a lot of fun. She was sure Tyler had moves, at least when it came to other dancing styles because she had seen clips in papers and online about his clubbing ways. But none of that mattered. Everyone deserved a second chance and she knew that this was his.
“Are you nervous?” Katy, Julianna’s best friend asked her, as she sat on Julianna’s bed and helped her pick her outfit.
“Not really…” She lied. But Katy knew Julianna better and when she raised an eyebrow, both girls laughed. “Ok fine! I am. He seems really nice and we get along really good when he comes into the bar. I’m looking forward to hanging out with him outside of the bar though, you know?”
“Yeah, I get what you are saying. Plus the boy is incredibly hot.” Katy sent a wink at Julianna who then blushed.
“Trust me that fact hasn’t gone overlooked.” She admitted.
“Alright J. I’m gonna get out of here before he shows up. Have a blast and tell me all about it tomorrow.”
“Will do Beau.” She hugged her best friend and then Katy saw herself out. She practically lived there so it was normal.
When Tyler showed up at the address she had given him, he was in a nice neighborhood, the kind where most of the houses looked decently alike. Her house was a cute two story house with mostly brick on the front and a two car garage that was closed. Her front lawn was all green and there was even a flower bed that had blooming colorful flowers. He was impressed. When he saw the White BMW, he figured she must not be too bad off. He got out of his Maserati and walked up to the front door and after knocking once, she opened it.
He looked her up and down in awe. She was floral print summer dress that reached mid-thigh and had on a pair of red cowboy boots. She looked amazing.
“You look beautiful.” He said, truly thinking just that about her.
“Thanks. You clean up pretty nice yourself. You ready?” She asked and he nodded. He opened the door for her and then she instructed him as to what streets to take and where to turn.
When they got to the dance hall, it wasn’t the size or amount of people that surprised Tyler, it was how the bouncer recognized her so easily and let them pass.
“Have you been to a place like this before?” She asked over the music, which was surprisingly loud but not too loud to were you couldn’t hear each other talk.
“No. Never. And I’m a little intimidated.” He shot her his handsome smile and she couldn’t help but think of just how good looking he really was.
“Alright well I promise it’s really easy! It’s just a few steps and then you repeat them. If you take in too much at once you’ll be lost. So come on and I’ll help you.” She took his hand without warning and Tyler was quickly thrown into the mix of organized bodies. They found their spot off the side a little where they wouldn’t mess anyone else up. “Ok watch my feet.” She told him and he stepped back and did just that.
Julianna did it slowly at first and then he followed her slowly as well. And then he started to pick it up. He was shocked that he could do it but she knew he had it him all along. They danced together with everyone else and Tyler was having fun. He saw how easy it was for Julianna and how graceful she was. Even though they were in a big crowed of people, she stood out to him. Her smile was so true and so genuine. She really loved to dance and you could easily see that. She had an aura about her, something that could make anyone smile and it drew Tyler in. It was then. At this very moment that Tyler realized just how beautiful Julianna really was.
♠ ♠ ♠
Let me know your thoughts!! The next one is already written.