Status: I'm in love with this story and i hope you will be too!

Amber J

Love and Other Things

They had spent the last month hanging at her house or at his. They often spent the night together although they hadn’t yet had sex, which was also a first for Tyler. They went to dinner sometimes and she went to his games with Katy. Katy started talking to Antoine, with the thanks of Tyler. And although Julianna always turned down his invitation to go out with the team after games, he knew she got along with them all from the barbeque he had invited her to. He figured she just wasn’t into the night life. He had also figured out that she had quite the well-off family. Her dad owned a brewery and it was something that she was going into. The Amber J that she served him and his team, the beer that had become one of his favorites, was her. She was the creator of it. He was proud of her to say the least. She had ambitions and she was making her dreams come true. In the next year she planned to open up a large brewery and expand the distribution of her product.
One Month. That’s how long they had been talking before the pills got brought up in a conversation. Tyler had forgotten about them after he ran out in a hurry to get to morning skate. But they came up again when he had spent the night and she had to take one of each of the five types of pills. She took them with a small glass of orange juice and she caught him staring.
“Sorry.” He apologized and she shrugged.
“You have nothing to apologize for. You are probably wondering why I’m downing all this things anyways.” He didn’t say anything. What was he supposed to say? That’s exactly what he was wondering. “I’ll be honest with you, I have an irregular heartbeat. Sometimes it will skip one beat and sometime it will skip more. One beat isn’t a problem it just means that it’s about to skip more. When that happens the blood stops being pumped so then when it does get pumped again, it shoots through my veins too fast, kind of throwing me off. We have it under control but honestly… It could stop without the medications. I know that’s a lot to take in but...”
“I love you.” He blurted out. They looked at each other, both their eyes wide and both in shock by what had just said.
“Tyler, I …”
“You don’t have to say it back! I know it’s early! Shit… it’s really early, but I’ve never loved anyone before, not besides family and the way you make me feel, I know its love. It has to be. Because you just told me that you have this irregular heart beat and I’m scared. I’m really scared that I could lose you and I don’t want to lose you. Then I realize I don’t even have you! Will you be my girlfriend?” He asked her and then she laughed. She laughed and he looked at her worried. Worried that he just said something too much, or to honest. She laughed and then she nodded.
“Yes Tyler. I will be your girlfriend.” She wraps her arms around his neck and pulls him in for a kiss. “And by the way… I love you too.”
.
.
“Hey babe?” Tyler asked, walking into her bedroom where she was changing. Tyler had seen her naked for the first time after they said they loved each other, but still… she was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen.
“What’s up?” She asked, pulling on her jeans and doing the button. She grabbed the black tank and pulled it on followed by the game worn Seguin jersey.
“The team is having a Halloween party and we need to go.”
“Ok, sounds fun.”
“One more thing…”
“I figured.” She said with a laugh. He was laying on her bed in his suit, ready to head to the game and she couldn’t deny how good he looked. He sat up and gave her a grin, pulling her into his arms.
“They guys want to have your Amber J. Can we get it in stores?”
“Well it’s sold in bars all over Texas and Georgia and most HEB stores. But I can put in the order for a couple Kegs of it now, if you want.” She said and he couldn’t help his smile.
“Dam I just love you! You have any idea how hot that is? That you can just order up beer…”
“Because it’s my beer babe. Now come on, you’re going to be late and I have to go pick up Katy.”
“Is she still talking to Antoine?” He asked her. His teammate and Katy had hit it off pretty well after the introductions. Antione had asked for her number and they went a date two days later.
“You know the answer to that. They are practically attached at the hip.”
“What’s wrong with that? We are too.”
“Oh that reminds me,” Julianna started, “We have a double date with them this Wednesday.”
“Is that so?”
“Yes it is. Now come on! Get out of here.” She laughed and he followed her down stairs. They walked outside, locking the door behind him and he pulled her into a hug. “Kick ass tonight and good luck.”
“Thanks beautiful. I love you.”
“I love you.” She kissed his lips and then he left in his Maserati and she left in her BMW.
.
During the game the girls sat in their usually seats, sporting the jerseys of their men and drinking a beer.
“So… what’s going on with you too? I haven’t heard from you all weekend.” Katy asked. Tyler spilt the beans about loving her on a Friday night and it was now Sunday. They had been pretty busy the last two days.
“Well he told me he loved me.” She said with a blush. Katy looked at her wide eyed but with a smile on her face.
“No way! Really? What did you do?”
“I kissed him, made love to him, oh yeah and I told him I loved him too.” Julianna said and both girls laughed.
“Well damn… How was it?” She asked, leaning in.
“Well…” She sighed a happy sigh, “Incredible, just like everything else about him.” The girls stopped gossiping when the puck dropped but it wasn’t long until Julianna saw the signs on the other side of the glass.
One of them had read, “Free hand jobs for #91! Go Seguin.” And another said, “Call me when you’re in LA!” with the girl’s phone number. She wasn’t even from here! It instantly put Julianna in a bad mood and she wasn’t sure she would be able to shake it.
“J, don’t pay attention to them. They are just jealous of you. Tyler loves you! Remember that.”
Katy had a point and Julianna knew that. Tyler loved her. Tyler made love to her. Tyler was her boyfriend. Nothing else mattered. She couldn’t let rumors or puck bunnies get the way of their future together.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok guys thoughts???
Also... the next chapter of Anything but Average should be out right after this! I'm just finishing it up!