Status: A Mikami Teru love story.

Words to a Stranger.

Encounter:

[en-koun-ter] - verb (used with object)
To come upon or meet with, especially unexpectedly: To encounter a new situation.

-----

Week was almost over and over the course of the month, she had kept truck of her favorite stranger. She started seeing more patterns, like every Thursday, he appeared a few minutes later, 5 to 10 to be exact, and he carryed a few papers in his hand. A reunion maybe? Who knew...

That friday, after the monthly english test, our brown hair friend coudln't quite concentrate, but she managed to finish it pretty fast anyway as she had studied hard. For some reason, she had forgot today she needed to be home early, cause her parents were coming for the day and she wanted to greet them before they left tonight.

She excused herself and got her stuff into her bag and ran. She smilled brightly, as she had missed her parents. They were out for a few weeks now. As she ran down the halls, she pulled the ribown from her hair loose, puting it in her bags poker, not remembering to even shut the zipper correctly.

As she changed her shooes at the entrance hall, a hand was placed on her showlder. For a second, she jumped, but as she turned around and saw Yagamis face, she sighed in relief.

"Yagami-sempai...!"

Light laughed a little at her jump, he couldn't help it. She had always been some kind of easily scared kitten in his eyes. "Sorry, didn't mean to scare you, just wanted to greet you."

"Thats ok, my mind is somewhere else." She explained fixing her bag over her showlder.

"Your parents coming home today?" He asked casualy.

Chise was quite surpriced at his acurate answer and nodded. "Yes but, how did you...?"

"Well, you once told me your mother doesn't like seeing you with your hair up, so I figured..."

"Well you're very observative Yagami-san! You should be a detective!"

Once again Light lightly laughed. "You and your ideas..." They both share a laugh for a second. To Light, Chise was somehow entretaining from his daily routine, as he had found himself more and more bored everyday, but her company somehow kept him from drowning in suck feeling of void.

It was seriously nothing personal, he just found her a little more hard to read or at least to comprehend, than the average highschool student. He knew there were probably more none-average students out there, he was no stupid, but he liked the fact that their meeting had beet at random. Also she was one of the few younger girls that didn't take an interest in him for his looks, but they had somehow become "friends" by a fair reason.

She being a complete FAIL at geometry.
As their laugh died, Chise looked at the clock over the entrance door, reading almost 2:45 PM. "Oh Kami! I should be gone already!" Her voice sounding quite alarmed "I'll see you later Yagami-san! I'm going to be late."

"Go go. Have a nice weekend."

"You do too! Tace care!" She smiled, gave him a polite bow and left rushing outside the wooden door frames.

No one was on the yard yet, as classes finished in a few minutes. But the gate was already opened, awaiting for the students who were about to leave. Her hair danced as she ran, holding her skirt down with one hand and her bag on her showlder with the other. If she was late, this would not be a happy reunion, and she knew that, so she hurried. But hurrying took its toll on her, as the second she crossed the gate, she flew to the floor, making her drop her bag.

"Im sorry!" She quickly apologized at whoever she had bumped into, bowing politely. "I should have seen were I was going." A few papers were spread everywhere on the floor now, as she rapidly picked them up in an attempt to prove how sorry she was.

"Thats all right, no harm done." A deep male voice answered. "You should not run so fast though, you might get hurt again if you do."

Chise was about to answer, but her teen mind shut down, the second she raised her eyes from the floor, to meet face to face with the stranger...HER stranger.

The man fixed his glasses on the bridge of his nose and dusted his suit a little bit. His exprecion was serious, yet somehow sweet and kind. She could see kindness in him, which for some reason only made her more nervous.

The females left arm was extended, as in a maner of wanting him to take his papers back but she said nothing, neither did she move.

The male figure took the papers and thanked her, giving her a small smile in return. "Thanks. I would be lost without my notes." He explained. "Took me a while to put all this together."

"...O-oh!" Her mind finaly reacted, even if it took her at least 5 seconds more than it was socialy acceptable. Her eyes glanced away from the strangers face, as of course, she was taken back.. What was he doing there anyway? He only went by at 12:15 and it was already....Oh got the time! "O-oh Kami I'm going to get in trouble!" Grabbing her bag once again and pulling it over her showlders, she gave her stranger another bow, this time a goodbye one. She had a feeling that told her to stay, but her mind didn't allow it. She had to go home, even if this was a once in a lifetime oportunity. "I'm really sorry sir, but I must be going. I need to be home before my parents get mad at me for arriving late! It was really nice meeting you though! And good luck with... whatever your notes are for. I'm sure you'll do grate!" One of her trademark sweet smiles drew on her face, as she took off as if she was running away from a wild animal stampid, giving no time for him to say anything.

She ran down the street, apologizing at some cars for getting in their way and almost getting herself ran over, getting out of the males sight between other people and a few other cars.

As the lawyer student watched amazed at the strange students hability to douge cars and people like if it was a olimpic sport, he snapped and yelled. "Wait, girl!" But of course, she would not hear him, as she was already way ahead in her trip home. Glancing at his feet, he spotted a few books on the floor, her belongings obviously. She had her backpack wide opened, and she didn't seem to notice. Being home on time was probably a matter of life and death to her. Instinctively taking a glance at his wristwatch, he knew he was at least 3 minutes or so late, but he couldn't just leave her books there now could he?

He bended over and picked them up, just in time for the 3:00 PM bell from the highschool to go off. He looked at the books for a second and instinctively started walking on his way to colage once again. He was already running late for his final presentation. 4 minutes late. Unacceptable, specialy for a lawyer-to-be. He had no time to deliver the books now, but he would make sure to do it as soon as he had a few minutes to spare, which wasn't often. Putting the books under his arm, his eyes went back to the notes on his papers, not loosing one more second. His shedule was now messed up, what a mess this day had come to be...