‹ Prequel: Again and Again
Status: If you have any ideas for the story, speak up! Your ideas and thoughts are welcome.

For You

Eight

Locked away in a crumbling palace, Cora is chained to a wall. Heat makes the air hard to breath and sweat rolls down Cora’s body making her wince in pain. Dried blood is caked to Cora’s skin from the beatings delivered by Kurse. Cora’s body aches all over and her once clear skin is littered in black and blue marks, some an angry red or an inflamed white that has turned into a welt. What hurts the most is the right side of Cora’s cheek. Kurse had slapped her around, trying to gather information on how Loki always finds them, but Cora wouldn’t say a word. The delicate skin of Cora’s cheek split right in two, a gash four inches in length and half an inch in width; open to the heat and dust that rides the wind. Sweat collects around Cora’s hairline and rolls downward slowly seeping into the gash and into her eyes, hiding her tears. Cora’s hair is plastered to her face and she still refuses to speak.

“You are a foolish woman!” Kurse hisses and Cora’s lips turn up into a smirk even though it pains her to do so. Seeing the mocking gesture, Kurse growls and strikes Cora, his large fist jabbing her ribs. Cora coughs and inhales sharply, chocking on her own blood as she spits it out on the floor. A small amount trickles down the side of her mouth and Cora slowly picks her head up to stare Kruse in his hellish eyes.

“T-torture me all y-you want…” Cora sputters, finding it difficult to speak through her pain.

“Your faith will get you killed,” Kurse warns and he turns to leave knowing that he will get nothing out of Cora for now.

Staring after Kurse’s retreating form, Cora shouts, “I won’t give up on h-him!”

Image

In a realm unknown, light years away from Svartalfheim and Asgard alike, The Other watches as every event unfolds. Waving a hand, The Other focuses his sights on the Asgardian maiden, Cora. He watches as she heals her wounds and tries to contact Loki from her cell. For an Asgardian, she is attractive and The Other can see why Loki involves himself with the likes of her. She is a loyal woman with a strong sense of self, but that can be changed for the right price.

“It is time to pay this…Malekith a visit,” Thanos states and The Other is in the throne room of Svartalfheim within the blink of an eye. Dark Elves surround The Other and he doesn’t bother to acknowledge them as he stares at the King of the realm.

“Who are you?” Malekith questions and The Other ignores his question.

“Loki is coming for you and he will not be alone. Thor will be by his side along with their companions.”

“You see the future?” Malekith raises an eyebrow. “I will be victorious and darkness will be mine once again!”

The Other chuckles darkly, “You will lose, as have all those before you. I can offer you another chance.” Malekith stares at The Other, anger clear in his eyes and The Other continues. “Loki is the God of lies, his word is not to be trusted. You will make a deal with him, his life for the maiden’s and when he betrays it, I will step in.”

“What do I get in return for handing over this God?”

“I have what you seek.”

“What I seek?” Malekith narrows his eyes at The Other.

“The Aether.”

Image

Standing before Malekith in chains, Cora holds her head high and she openly glares. Amused by such bold behavior, Malekith tilts his head to the side. “Listen here child,” Malekith smirks seeing the dislike of the belittlement, “This lover of yours…Loki. He is no match for me, I will kill him where he stands. Loki is-”

“You will not win!” Cora sneers.

“You have such faith. I will enjoy crushing it.”

“He will find me. Loki will find me!”

“I hope he does…” Malekith smirks in a taunting manner.

“And you will die,” Cora promises and Malekith laughs.

“Your petty threats are quite amusing, but I don’t think it will be me who will die.” Malekith’s words strike Cora and she narrows her eyes. Malekith notices Cora’s change and he smirks, “Your God is not the only one who knows tricks.”

Image

Jagged rocks of the mountains come closer and closer to the group on the small ship. “Loki!” Thor warns.

Loki rolls his eyes, “If it were easy, everyone would do it.”

Thor narrow his eyes while The Warrior’s Three all look on in worry, “Are you mad?” Thor questions and Loki smirks.

“Possibly,” he states and Fandral covers his eyes as they approach the oncoming wall of the mountain. “Ta-da!” Loki beams smugly and Thor silently apologizes to his friends with his eyes. Volstagg pats Fandral on his shoulder and Fandral uncovers his eyes.

“So this is Svartalfheim?” Volstagg grunts as he looks around the empty realm.

“Home of the Aether,” Hogun states.

“What I could do with the power that flows through those veins,” Loki sighs and Thor narrows his eyes.

“It would consume you.”

“I could control it.”

“I don’t think you could. I should be destroyed.”

“I’d rather it be controlled,” Loki mutters and Thor looks at him incredibly.

“And will that satisfy you?”

Loki smirks while giving Thor a knowing look, “Satisfaction is not in my nature.”

Thor sighs, “Surrender not in mine.”

Loki wanting to hear no more of Thor’s merit says mockingly, “The son of Odin.”

“No, not just of Odin! You think you alone who loved mother? You had her tricks, but I had her trust!” Thor shouts having none of Loki’s harsh words right now.

“Trust,” Loki stares at Loki with disbelieving eyes. “Was that her last expression? Trust? When you let her die!”

Thor’s anger gets the better of him and he explodes, “What help were you in your cell?”

“Who put me there? Who put me there?!” Loki growls as he glares at Thor and Thor grabs Loki ready to throw him off the ship. The Warrior’s Three all move to pull the two brothers off of each other, but stop themselves. This is something they cannot get involved with, this was a conversation in the waiting.

“You know damn well! You know damn well!” Thor raises his fist to hit Loki, but stops himself. “She wouldn’t want us to fight,” Thor sighs and let’s go of Loki, taking a step back.

With his hand raised slightly still in defense Loki looks at Thor, “Well, she wouldn't exactly be shocked.” Loki offers Thor a small smile and Thor smiles as well, as a memory of his mother passes his mind.

“Done with the bonding moment?” Volstagg questions and before Loki can say anything smart Volstagg holds up a set of handcuffs.

Thor takes the handcuffs and Loki holds out his hands. “I hope this plan of yours works, Loki.” Thor tightens the cuffs and Loki winces, but says nothing on the matter.

“Once we’re on the ground make sure you are not seen. I would cast a spell on you all, but I need to focus on finding Cora,” Loki explains and everyone nods their heads understanding. With his hands cuffed, Loki flies the ship while under an invisibility spell and Fandral points out a large ship off in the distance. Loki lands the ship out of sight and he walks off with Thor while The Warriors Three go in the opposite direction in search of Cora.

“I have a good feeling about this place Brother. We will find Cora!” Thor looks over at Loki and frown seeing the pained expression on his face. “You are not confident?”

“I never wanted this to happen,” Loki sighs and Thor stops walking making Loki stop as well.

“This is not your fault Loki. Everyone knows that Cora is held high in our eyes, it only makes sense to take her.”

“Would you have taken her?” Loki asks and Thor answers without a second thought.

“No. I do not need anyone or thing to secure a victory. Using a maiden as such is dishonorable.” Loki nods his head in agreement and starts to comment, but he stops and grabs hold of Thor’s arm, pulling him down. “What is wrong?” Thor tries to look out from behind the hill they are hiding behind, but Loki shakes his head.

“Malekith,” Loki hisses and Thor’s eyes narrow as he readies himself for battle.

“Alright, are you ready?”

“I am.”

Down below in the distance, Malekith and Algrim wait for Loki and Thor to make their move. Malekith was informed that they had entered his homeland a short while ago and it did not take him long to reach their whereabouts.

Up on the hill, Thor uncuffs Loki and Loki is quick to pull one of his daggers from his waist and stab Thor, sending him tumbling down the hill. Following after him, Loki glances up for a second to make sure that he has gained Malekith’s attention. Seeing that Malekith is walking their way, Loki glares down at Thor, “You really think I cared about Frigga, about anybody?” Loki sneers and kicks Thor in the stomach making Thor grunt in pain. “All I ever wanted was you and Odin dead at my feet!” Thor raises his hand in an attempt to call Mjolnir, but Loki cuts off his hand; smirking as he does so. Thor shouts in pain and clutches his arm to his chest.

Pushing his hair out of his face, Loki stares at Malekith, “Malekith, I am Loki of Jotunheim and I bring you a gift!” With a swift kick, Loki sends Thor to Malekith’s feet. “I ask only one thing in return, a good seat from which to watch Asgard burn with his little whore by my side,” Loki requests nodding down to Thor and it churns his insides to refer to Cora that way.

Algrim speaks to Malekith in their native tongue saying, “He is a convincing liar.”

Nodding his head in agreement, Malekith looks down at Thor, “Look at me,” he orders using his foot to make Thor look up at him. “Your tricks won’t work.” With that said, Malekith turns on his heel and starts to walk away.

“Loki, now!” Thor shouts and Loki twists his wrist lifting the illusion that Thor’s hand is gone. Thor summons Mjolnir and shoots lighting towards Malekith, but Algrim jumps in front of the attack. Suddenly Dark Elves appear and Thor is quick to get to his feet. Glancing at Loki, Thor nods his head and he readies himself for the fight. The Elves make the first move, two of them going after Thor and he easily takes them out with lighting.

Loki tries to run after Malekith, but Elves block his way. Knowing that Cora has to be on the ship that Malekith is heading towards, Loki grinds his teeth and uses his anger to kill everyone blocking his path. Loki’s attacks are quick and lethal as he creates a path of bodies behind him. Seeing Loki’s progress, Algrim throws a vortex weapon into the air and Loki tries to avoid it, but he is pulled towards it. Killing the last Elf, Thor flies through the air and grabs Loki around the waist, pulling him out of the vortex’s reach. Landing wrong on his back, Loki groans with his eyes closed. Opening his eyes, Loki quickly pushes Thor out of the way as Algrim comes at them. Loki rolls out of the way and he jumps to his feet.

“Where is she?!” Loki yells and Algrim smirks.

Seeing the perfect opportunity to distract Algrim, Thor throws Mjolnir and it sends the large beast sliding across the ground. “Go! Find Cora!” Thor orders and Loki nods his head knowing that Thor can beat Algrim. Turning, Loki takes off running towards the ship, but he stops short when he hears Thor’s shouts of pain. Looking over his shoulder, Loki glares as Algrim stands over Thor. Muttering a quick spell under his breath, Loki is now standing behind Algrim and he impales the beast from behind with one of the fallen Elves’ weapons.

Slowly Algrim turns and the smirk on Loki’s face falls as soon as Algrim grabs hold of him and pulls him in close, sending the blade through Loki’s chest. “No!” Thor roars in rage as Loki drops to the ground. Algrim takes a step closer to Loki and Loki smirks painfully.

“See you in Hell, Moster!” Looking down Algrim notices that one of his vortex weapons is attached to him and he self-implodes. Scrambling to his feet, Thor rushes over to Loki and when he reaches out to touch him, Loki’s body shimmers away in a green haze. With tears in his eyes, Thor picks his head up and he spots Loki standing off in the distance. Quickly, Thor wipes at his eyes and he runs to catch up to Loki. “You cried,” Loki states and Thor says nothing. He really thought he lost Loki, lost his brother. Unable to shake the feeling of dread in his heart, Thor throws his arms around Loki and hugs him tightly. Shocked by the sudden affection, Loki tenses up, but soon relaxes and pats Thor on his side, “It was just a trick, Thor. I’m fine,” Loki reassures and Thor lets him go.

“If you ever do that again, I will kill you myself!” Thor threatens and Loki nods his head.

Together, Thor and Loki head towards the ship and they stop when a group of Dark Elves descend down the ramp, forming a barrier to keep them from entering the ship. Cracking his fingers, Loki narrows his eyes as he looks at the amount of Elves.

“Surrender!” Thor orders and the Elves all raise their weapons.

“Just smite them and get on with it,” Loki growls, but Thor doesn’t make a move. The Elves move forward in a run and Loki draws his daggers, ready to attack. With little thought Loki and Thor move about killing the Elves and pushing forward. In the mist of battle, Loki’s right arm is cut and blood runs down the leather of his armor. Ignoring the pain, Loki continues to fight, Cora being the only thing on his mind.

The dust settles and Loki is panting slightly while Thor is panting loudly. Around them Elves lay like slaughtered sheep and the ground is now soaked in blood. “Loki…” Looking up at Thor from his spot on the ground beside one of the dead Elves’, Loki notices that Thor is looking ahead. Turning his gaze, Loki’s mouth goes dry as his eyes lock onto Cora’s small body coming down the ramp. Slowly, Loki rises to his feet and Thor moves to his side. Loki’s eyes dart around Cora’s body searching for any sign that she is injured and when he finds none, Loki is able to breathe a little better. Sheathing his dagger on his thigh, Loki’s lips press into a thin line as he stares at Cora’s dress. Rage boils in his blood, no man other than himself should see so much of Cora.

“They have dishonored her,” Loki growls and Thor bites his cheek. He agrees with Loki, the dress is not made for a maiden like Cora, but that of a harlot. Cora’s skin is not blatantly out, but the dress does nothing to hide her body, not even the full length of the gown hides a thing. The black crochet gown hugs Cora’s body and her bareness underneath is visible if only slightly. Malekith walks beside Cora and when they touch the ground, Malekith lifts his head a little higher.

“This is the witch you seek, Cora.” Malekith reaches up and strokes the side of Cora’s face making her pull away. “She is a beauty…” Malekith smirks and drops his arm before he turns his gaze onto Loki and Thor. Loki takes a step forward and Malekith shakes his head, “You killed Algrim. I think it only fair I kill your beloved, yes?” Malekith questions and when Loki doesn’t answer he glances over to Thor. “Or maybe you would prefer the death of your brother?” Malekith offers and Thor spares a quick glance at Loki. “The choice is yours boy.”

“Me. I choose me! Let them go!” Loki shouts without any hesitation and Cora shakes her head. “It is me you want. They have done nothing wrong. I killed Algrim, punish me.” Loki walks forward and stops halfway between Thor and Malekith.

“That is a tempting offer…one I cannot refuse. Very well, you have made your choice.” Malekith looks beside himself at Cora and nods his head. Loki looks over his shoulder at Thor and gives him a small nod, a nod that Thor returns. Next to Malekith, Cora hesitates to move, not trusting the Elf. “Go,” Malekith orders and Cora runs right into Loki’s arms.

“You fool! You stupid fool!” Cora cries into Loki’s chest as he holds her tightly against his body. “You selfish stupid-” Grabbing her face Loki crashes his lips into Cora’s, speaking all the words he cannot push himself to say into a single kiss. Pulling away, Loki stares into Cora’s eyes and smiles sadly, “Don’t go.” Cora’s voice shakes and Loki kisses her forehead, letting his lips linger a little longer.

Trailing his lips to Cora’s ears, Loki sighs softly, “I love you darling. I always have.” Releasing Cora from his arms, Loki gives her a light push towards Thor and he turns his back on her. Walking forward, Loki’s heart breaks hearing the cries of Cora as she struggles to get out of what Loki’s guesses is Thor’s arms. Loki walks up to Malekith and angles his body slightly so he can see Malekith from every which way.

Raising his arm, Malekith makes Loki’s body rise in the air and Cora screams pulling herself free from Thor’s hold. “No!” Cora screams and throws her hand forward shooting a purple flame at Malekith. Keeping Loki in the air, Malekith easily deflects the flame, but he gasps when he is hit from behind, sending him crashing face first into the ground. Loki drops to the ground gasping for air and Cora runs over to his side. Pulling Loki’s heads onto her lap, Cora cradles Loki to her like a small child and Loki clings to Cora’s waist with tears burning his eyes.

In front of them, Thor walks forward with a grim expression on his face as he stops in front of Malekith who is still on the ground with Mjölnir on top of him. “You will die for your crimes,” Thor states and Malekith lifts his head laughing. “You find humor in your death?” Thor questions, not once taking his eyes off of Malekith.

“I find humor in what is to follow,” Malekith growls and before Thor can question him farther, he is distracted by the sound of struggling. Looking to his right, Thor’s eyes widen when he sees Cora straddling Loki with her hands around his neck. Loki’s eyes are wide and pleading as he tries to pries Cora’s hands from around his neck, but she is too strong. Cora’s brown eyes glimmer with life and excitement as she tightens her hold around Loki’s neck and she smiles down at him.

Clawing at her hands, tears leak down the side of Loki’s face as he starts to see black spots. Why is she doing this? “C-Cora,” Loki stammers out, his chest protesting as he tries to speak. Cora smirks and giggles as she stares down at Loki with amused eyes.

Raising his arm, Thor summons Mjölnir and he throws it at Cora, knocking her off of Loki and sending her crashing into the ramp. Mjolnir falls to the ground and Loki inhales deeply, trying to catch his breath. Rubbing his throat, Loki picks himself up off the ground and Thor grabs hold of Malekith, making him walk towards Cora who is laying on the ground, unconscious. Loki glares at Malekith and he raises his hand, a green ball of fire sitting in his palm. “What did you do to her?” Loki seethes and Malekith smirks.

“See for yourself.” Loki narrows his eyes and Thor is quick to grab Loki’s attention.

“Brother…look,” Thor stares in front of him and Loki follows his gaze to Cora’s body that is now an unconscious dark elf. Growling Loki turns to Malekith.

“Where is she?!” Loki roars and he grabs Malekith, the fire now gone from his hand. “Where is Cora?!” Loki demands and Malekith just stares at him blankly.

“It would be wise to answer him,” Thor warns.

“You won’t find her until he lets you find her.” Malekith stares right at Loki and Loki gulps feeling his blood start to freeze as the fear eats away at his heart. He doesn’t have to ask Malekith who this he is. Loki knows just who he is and it scares him. “You can’t win Asguardian.”

Loki’s stormy eyes, narrow and he pushes his fear away as he glares at Malekith, “You underestimate me…a grave mistake on your part and his,” Loki growls and without another word he snaps Malekith’s neck, dropping the dead Elf and stepping over his body.

Thor stares at Loki with his lips pressed firmly into a thin line, “Who is holding Cora captive?” Thor questions.

“Someone from my darkest hours,” Loki answers and starts to walk on ahead in search of The Warrior’s Three.
♠ ♠ ♠
Cora with Algrim
Cora with Malekith
Cora seeing Loki and Thor

Loki’s attacks are quick and lethal as he creates a path of bodies behind him.
Image

Muttering a quick spell under his breath, Loki is now standing behind Algrim and he impales the beast from behind with one of the fallen Elves’ weapons.
Image

Slowly Algrim turns and the smirk on Loki’s face falls as soon as Algrim grabs hold of him and pulls him in close, sending the blade through Loki’s chest.
Image

Turning his gaze, Loki’s mouth goes dry as his eyes lock onto Cora’s small body coming down the ramp. Slowly, Loki rises to his feet and Thor moves to his side.
Image

Loki walks up to Malekith and angles his body slightly so he can see Malekith from every which way.
Image

Comment. Subscribe. Recommend.