‹ Prequel: Again and Again
Status: If you have any ideas for the story, speak up! Your ideas and thoughts are welcome.

For You

Nine

Crack…
Crack..
Crack


“Ahhhh! Please! S-stop!” Cora’s voice cries, her throat raw from screaming. Tears roll down her face and evaporate into mist before they can even reach her chin.

Crack

Cora’s body jerks forward, bowing at an inhuman angle trying to get away from the stinging lashes of the whip.

“Please…” Cora begs, her head hanging low as her vision starts to spot and blur.

Crack

The chains that bound Cora’s wrists and keep her upright disappear and Cora falls face first onto the blood stained floor. Taking ragged and shallow breaths, Cora tries to clear her sight, but it’s no use. Heavy footsteps echo and Cora’s beaten body tenses making her grind in teeth from the pain. He stands over Cora’s body, casting a chilling and dark shadow making Cora shiver.

“I’m not finished with you, girl.” His voice is harsh and before Cora can even think of preparing her body, he grabs a fist full of Cora’s hair and jerks her to her feet. Clawing at his large hands with bloody fingers, Cora whimpers with shut eyes. “Open your eyes.” Cora shakes her head, refusing to do as she’s told. “Open them!” He yells in Cora’s face, tightening his hold on her hair.

“P-please don’t…” Cora pleas and he smirks.

“Open your eyes girl or I will do it for you.” Cora hears the threat loud and clear and slowly, very slowly opens her eyes. Electric blue glare at her and Cora holds her breath, “You have a guest.” Something moves and Cora’s eyes dart over to behind his large shoulder.

Finding it difficult to focus, Cora struggles to clearly see who it is, but she doesn’t need to. She knows that dark head of hair anywhere. “Loki…” Cora’s eyes move back onto to her takers face and she shakes her head. “No…no, not him. Please! N-not Loki! Anybody, but Loki!” Tears sting Cora’s eyes before they fall and he smirks throwing her to the ground. Turning his back on Cora, he walks towards Loki, “No!” Cora tires to pick herself up off the ground, but the chains are back, holding her down in place. “No…noooo!” Cora tries to wrench her hands free from the chains, but they won’t budge. “Thanos!” Cora pleas, but it’s no use. Soon Loki’s screams fill the air as he is brought to his knees by flaming chains.

Image

With a hardened stare, Heimdall shakes his head. “It is not in my control. When you fell through the void, you were no longer in my sight.”

Loki growls, slamming his fist on the table. “If you would just try!” Loki yells and Thor places his hand on Loki’s shoulder.

“Heimdall,” Thor starts and Heimdall turns his golden eyes to Thor. “You must trust me when I tell you that we would not ask this of you if we did not try everything else. You are our last hope of finding Lady Cora and saving her.”

Heimdall sighs and scratches the back of his head, “My King…what you are asking of me is very dangerous. If I do this, there is no telling of what the outcome will be, not even I can see that.” Thor glances at Loki and takes in the brokenness of his brother before he returns his eyes to Heimdall. Nodding his head, Heimdall rests his arm on the table, his arm out stretched with his palm upwards. Loki stares at Heimdall’s hand for a few moments before he places his own hand, palm downwards in Heimdall’s. Closing his eyes Loki clears his mind and thinks back to when he first fell from the rainbow bridge. Heimdall stares at Loki’s face with unfocused eyes, he is no longer looking at Loki in front of him, but at Loki as he falls. Heimdall can feel himself falling into the void with Loki, he can feel every emotion that Loki felt in that moment.

A rather large purple man stands before Loki’s unconscious body and Heimdall watches as the purple man or creature kicks Loki in the ribs. Loki’s body slides across the ground with a trail of smoke following after him. Coughing meets Heimdall’s ears and he watches with unchanging eyes as Loki wakes up into an unknown realm of pure torture…a realm that is Loki’s personal hell.

With a sudden start, Loki rips his hand from Heimdall’s and Thor stares at the two with worry clear in his blue eyes. “Brother…Heimdall did you find what you were looking for?” Thor questions and neither of the two answer him.

Heimdall stares at Loki and Loki narrows his eyes, “So?” he prompts refusing to talk about what was just shared.

Heimdall turns his attention to Thor, “I know where she is.”

Image

Rocks and stars, the only things in this unknown realm. No sign of Cora or her taker Thanos. With knowing eyes Loki scans the grounds, something is not right. This is not how Loki remembers this place. Where is the fire? Or the blood thirsty hounds that were never satisfied? Where are the shadows that kept Loki awake?

“Perhaps Heimdall got it wrong brother…there is no one here,” Thor states and Loki shakes his head. No. This is the place...this is it.

Loookiiii

A scream flouts faintly in the air catching Loki’s attention and making him tense. “Thanos!” Loki yells. “Show yourself!” Loki demands, his eyes darting around for any sign of a reply.

“Brother he is not h-” Thor’s words are cut short when an unseen force sends him crashing into the nearest set of rocks, rending him unconscious.

“The all mighty Thor…” A deep mocking laugh fills the air. “I expected more.” Spinning around on his heels, Loki glares at Thanos who is standing no more than six feet away. “Come to claim your death, boy?”

“A death? Yes, but not my own.”

“You always were a foolish one, but nonetheless I will entertain the notion.”

Loki steps forward, but a strong gust of wind sends him backwards landing on his butt. Looking up, Loki quickly gets to his feet and shoots his magic at Thanos. Thanos pushes Loki’s attack to the side and smirks, drawling a blade from his side. “Your turn, boy.”

Back and forth Thanos and Loki fight, gaining the upper hand over the other. With a grunt, Loki thrusts his hand forward, releasing a throwing dagger. Thanos ducks the dagger and Loki smirks as he ripples and vanishes. Thanos glares and he hisses feeling Loki’s blade dig into his spin. “I win.” Loki growls before he jerks his hand upward, slicing Thanos open from the base of his spine to the back of his neck. Dark blue blood pours from Thanos and onto Loki, Loki yanks his dagger free and pushes Thanos to the ground, blood splashing onto his face. Shoving his dagger back in its sheath, Loki straightens himself up and runs a hand through his messy hair, his eyes wide and alive as he glares down at Thanos’ dead body.

“Brother…” Thor’s voice pulls Loki from his crazed thoughts and when he turns towards Thor, Loki’s eyes catch movement in the distance. Picking his head up, Loki’s breath catches in his throat and the fierceness leaves his eyes, replaced by alarm and worry. Thor notices Loki’s gaze and follows it, “…Cora?”

Hearing her name stirs the beast within Loki and he takes off running, leaving Thor on his own. Reaching Cora, Loki drops down to his knees, tears already burning his eyes as he takes in her unmoving body. So much blood is around Cora and Loki’s eyes widen when he realizes that it is Cora’s blood. “No…” Waving his hand, Loki unchains Cora and he gently lifts her enough to cradle her into his arms. “Please wake up…wake up.” Loki begs, feeling a weak pulse when he checks. “Cora…” Tears fall from Loki’s eyes and he chants all the healing spells he can think of. Hardly any of Cora’s burns and gashes start to heal and the swelling on her face doesn’t seem to go down at all.

Thor reaches his brother and he lowers himself to his knees, “We need to take her back to Asgard. Loki, you can only do so much…let the healers fix this.”

“Why can’t I heal her?” Loki stares at Thor and Thor frowns, this is not the God of Lies before him, but Loki…his baby brother.

Saying nothing, Thor places his hand on Loki’s shoulder and looks to the sky, “Heimdall we are ready.”

Image

Healers hurry about the room taking care of Cora’s wounds and washing any trace of her torture away. Sitting on a bench in the room, Loki watches as the fresh water turns deep maroon color and some even black as Cora is cleaned. One Healer takes care to wash Cora’s hair and tears burn Loki’s eyes, Cora looks so small and fragile, like a sickly child on their deathbed; Loki’s black tunic doing nothing to help the situation, only acting to make Cora look pale.

“…my Prince.”

“What?” Loki looks away from Cora and to the Healer now standing before him.

“We are finished.” The Healer holds out her hand and Loki looks up at her confused, but opens his fists anyway. The Healer drops Cora’s ring into Loki’s hand and Loki stares at the small gold and green ring. “Her hands need to heal properly,” The Healer explains and Loki doesn’t take his eyes from the ring. “Would you like to be alone?” Loki nods his head not trusting the strength of his voice and the Healer smiles sadly down at him. Turning she motions for all the others to leave the room and she glances down at Loki. “All will be well again. Have faith, young Prince.” Without another word spoken, the Healer leaves and Loki is alone with Cora. Rubbing a hand over his face, Loki picks himself up off the bench and conjures up a chair so he can sit by Cora’s bedside. Sitting down, Loki slowly reaches out and grabs hold of Cora’s hand.

“My darling…” Loki’s eyes dart up to Cora’s face. “I wish a thousand times over that I could change the past. I should never have let you out of my sight, I should have never left you alone…this is my fault. I thought I could protect you and I failed, you’re beautiful body is scared because of me. I hope you can forgive me…I never meant for this to get so out of hand…and I-I understand that when you wake up, if you never want to see me again…” Loki’s words get stuck in his throat and he swallows once, twice before he can continue.

“I will not force you to stay, but I am begging you not to leave…” Loki presses his lips together in a tight line when he feels his lower lip starting to quiver. Biting his tongue, Loki turns Cora’s hand palm upward and places her ring in the center before he closes her hand and gives it a tight squeeze. Loki lowers his head and presses his lips to Cora’s inner wrist before he picks his head up, “I love you,” Loki whispers and a tear falls from his eye before he can even get the chance to blink it away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to everyone who has commented. Sorry that this took so long to get out. I'm a working girl now, so updating is really hard for me right now. So please don't lose hope I have not giving up on this story at all.

Cora's outfit with Thanos and Loki

“Brother…” Thor’s voice pulls Loki from his crazed thoughts and when he turns towards Thor, Loki’s eyes catch movement in the distance. Picking his head up, Loki’s breath catches in his throat and the fierceness leaves his eyes, replaced by alarm and worry.
Image

“I will not force you to stay, but I am begging you not to leave…” Loki presses his lips together in a tight line when he feels his lower lip starting to quiver. Biting his tongue, Loki turns Cora’s hand palm upward and places her ring in the center before he closes her hand and gives it a tight squeeze. Loki lowers his head and presses his lips to Cora’s inner wrist before he picks his head up, “I love you,” Loki whispers and a tear falls from his eye before he can even get the chance to blink it away.
Image

Comment. Subscribe. Recommend.